Medicinemann 10-Jun-17
BB 11-Jun-17
27-May-17

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
There were a few days when it snowed so hard I could hardly see, even a close bear and it made it very difficult to get a good focus or decent photo. But as time past the weather improved.
BB's embedded Photo
There were a few days when it snowed so hard I could hardly see, even a close bear and it made it very difficult to get a good focus or decent photo. But as time past the weather improved.
BB's embedded Photo
I watched this bear swim a small lake and took this photo as he shook off!
BB's embedded Photo
I watched this bear swim a small lake and took this photo as he shook off!
As many of you already know, I put down my bow in favor of a camera. But I still get out and hunt each species I used to hunt with my bow in favor of a big ole canon! Ha Ha

Here are. a few of the photos I took this spring on my bear hunt!

One nice thing about the camera is I can hunt both grizzly and black bear.

Have a great bowhunt. BB

27-May-17

BB's embedded Photo
This was a small sow grizzly with a year old cub.
BB's embedded Photo
This was a small sow grizzly with a year old cub.
BB's embedded Photo
I caught this sow with her year old plus cubs sleeping on a fallen tree. Right after I snapped this photo they scooted.
BB's embedded Photo
I caught this sow with her year old plus cubs sleeping on a fallen tree. Right after I snapped this photo they scooted.
BB's embedded Photo
A mom grizzly with 2 coys.
BB's embedded Photo
A mom grizzly with 2 coys.
BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo

27-May-17

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo

27-May-17

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo

27-May-17

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo

27-May-17
Pictures simply do not get any more professional than these.

27-May-17
Boy you sure drew some good areas! Congratulations on some nice ones!

That Canon sure does a number on them.

You still got the eye for trophy picture taking!!!

27-May-17

BB's embedded Photo
Did I mention that at times it snowed so hard I couldn't focus the camera on the subject?
BB's embedded Photo
Did I mention that at times it snowed so hard I couldn't focus the camera on the subject?
BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo

27-May-17

BB's embedded Photo
One morning I was out hiking and had this big boy stroll on by. I bowhunter black bears for about 25 years and I really believe this is the largest black bear I have ever seen. He was huge. He was truly a tank!
BB's embedded Photo
One morning I was out hiking and had this big boy stroll on by. I bowhunter black bears for about 25 years and I really believe this is the largest black bear I have ever seen. He was huge. He was truly a tank!
What do you bear experts think this last black bear would score? In over 25 years of hunting and seeing bears, I really think he is the largest black bear I have personally laid eyes upon.

Have a great bowhunt guys! BB

28-May-17
Stunning photography. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I hope you post these on your FB page!

28-May-17
Living the dream. Why not? Great photos. C

28-May-17
As usual awesome pics Bill! That last bear is a tank!

28-May-17
Awesome!!!

28-May-17
Glad to see a post back on Bowsite Bill,hope all is well Chuck

28-May-17
Very nice pictures !

29-May-17
Same image quality once again! I think you took more than your limit this spring Bill?

29-May-17
Stunning photos, Bill. Thank you!

29-May-17
Wow!

31-May-17

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
Here's another of the sow grizzly and her two cubs. BB

08-Jun-17
Wow! Great photography.

08-Jun-17
Incredible photography! Thanks for sharing

08-Jun-17
These from Yellowstone?

09-Jun-17
Awesome pics!

09-Jun-17
Awesome again!! Man, you should write a picture book for hunters!

09-Jun-17
Great pics Bill!!

10-Jun-17

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
Here's one I put on my Facebook page that a lot of people liked.----!
BB's embedded Photo
Here's one I put on my Facebook page that a lot of people liked.----!
The black bears were all from Yellowstone and some of the grizzly were from there too. A few of the grizzly photos were from down by Dubios where I used to hunt elk a lot many years ago.

Here are a few more photos from that bear trip.

10-Jun-17
In closing I would just like to mention that a good friend of mine, who supplied me with most of the cows I used when I used to bait lost a son this past week. His name was Corby and he loved bowhunting and the outdoors.

About 10 years or so ago he joined me one spring in Idaho as he wanted to take a bear with his bow. We had a great time and I watched one evening as he took his very first bear and it was a nice mature colored bear, with a beautiful hide. He would call often and ask me questions on bowhunting and areas. He was way too young to pass, so hug your loved ones and don't let the times pass by without spending time with your kids, grandkids, etc.,

I will miss you Corby. Thanks for the great memories and happy bowhunting

Have a great bowhunting Crob, and you fellow Bowsiters too!

10-Jun-17
BB: Thanks for telling us this sad news. I wish he and his family relief and someday peace. C

10-Jun-17
Bill, You are right....that one black bear is one hell of a big black bear. Just out of curiosity, how close are you getting to those sows with their cubs? Both black bear and Grizzly sows.....I am hoping that your telephoto lens was doing most of the heavy work on those photos.... Jake

11-Jun-17

BB's embedded Photo
A big itch on a huge boar!
BB's embedded Photo
A big itch on a huge boar!
BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
This photo and the one above it is a photo I took in 2016. He was the biggest black bear I photoed last year. This is another photo ofd him, Jake if you reading this he was shot at about 25 yards.
BB's embedded Photo
This photo and the one above it is a photo I took in 2016. He was the biggest black bear I photoed last year. This is another photo ofd him, Jake if you reading this he was shot at about 25 yards.
Jake, most of those photos were taken with my hand held camera with a 100-400 lens on a full frame body. Some were taken at around 100 yards, but most at 50 and some even less than that. My closet grizzly was probably taken at about 30 yards.

Most of those were taken as I either hiked the timber in a good bear area, or while I sat near a meadow that I have come to realize is a good place to see bears. In Yellowstone if you see one off the highway there becomes a bear jamb in no time and its hard to get decent photos most of the time.

I have a great respect for bears, but I don't fear them like Mose people do. I have far more fear of a moose than I do of a grizzly.

On the big black bear a buddy and I were hiking a good bear trail when he came walking into us. My buddy got really nervous and starting to try to scare the bear has he headed right for us and was about 25 yards away. I on the other hand just want to take his photo as the odds of him getting me were less than me being killed in a car wreck on the way home. Things need to be put in proper perspective I think.

As the big boar was heading our way he stopped and scratched his back and you can see he's a big bear. I will include that photo with this post and also one of a big black bear I saw last year that was a dandy and a color bear to boot!

Have a great bowhunt. BB

• Sitka Gear