Timbrhuntr 29-May-17
>>>---WW----> 29-May-17
Zbone 30-May-17
JacobNisley 31-May-17
Habitat1 01-Jun-17
Linecutter 01-Jun-17
elkstabber 01-Jun-17
28-May-17
There was a device made several years ago, called the draw-loc i think, that attached to any bow not sure if they're still around or if they did very well.

28-May-17
actually there are a couple of states that allow the use of the draw lock for those hunters that have a proven permanent disability vs them using a crossbow. Colorado does not allow the use of the draw lock during the archery season if the hunter has no disability.

29-May-17
Why?

29-May-17
Why not ?

29-May-17
Actually, I can think of a couple of devices. Hickory Creek makes the DrawLoc and also a mini vertical crossbow.

I tried the drawloc and have a permit to use one during archery season. I got rid of it because, well, it sucked! I marred up two bows trying to get it fastened tight enough not to move around. I never was able to get a good solid fit. The mini vertical looks interesting but not for $700.

You can see them both on YouTube or @ Hickorycreekdrawloc.com.

30-May-17
Vertical xbow,,, isn't that a compound bow...8^)

31-May-17
If I was unable to draw a conventional bow I would seriously consider using the Hickory Creek inline crossbow.

01-Jun-17
No a compound isn't an xbow,it doesn't have an AR lower or a scope and doesn't stay cocked.You have to at least watch your movement when drawing and have practiced because you don't have a scope thats sighted in

01-Jun-17
Habitat 1,

Compounds can have fixed powered scopes with a single dot on a moveable sight and they have been around for years. We see them all the time at our club shoots, they shoot in the unlimited class. You are right that a Compound is not a Crossbow, but with the Draw Loc it virtually created a vertical Crossbow. It allow the bow to be drawn and locked in the drawn position by a mechanical devise for a unlimited amount of time till it was released by using its trigger mechanism, thus creating a vertical crossbow. That is the reason why states did not allow them, because it created a situation where there was no real difference shooting using this device on a Compound or shooting a Crossbow. Wouldn't surprise me since Crossbows are becoming more accepted in states, that we see this kind of device more accepted, and becoming legal to use during bow season at some point. DANNY

01-Jun-17

elkstabber's Link
If we're lucky we'll all be allowed to shoot slingbows soon. Virginia just made them legal for hunting. The new law goes into effect in July so they can be used for big game this fall. The first statement was sarcastic. The rest is fact.

• Sitka Gear