Bigdan's embedded Photo
Bigdan's embedded Photo
Bigdan's embedded Photo
Hit hard
Bigdan's embedded Photo
Hit hard
Bigdan's embedded Photo
Bigdan's embedded Photo
My brother is looking for a new truck His 1999 F-350 was totaled on Saturday. It was a cherry 1999. He is all right A guy ran a stop sign and hit him In a FJ Cruzer pulling a camper here is our rigs last fall side by side

30-May-17
Your brother was lucky ! Your up pretty early this morning Dan.

30-May-17
He wants another Ford with a 7.3 in it

30-May-17
Its 1035 here in Montana

30-May-17
Correction, I must be the one who is up early. Ha !

30-May-17
Mine only has 391,000

30-May-17
Damn that is a scary looking wreck!

Glad he made it out alive.

Good luck, Robb

30-May-17
Great truck with that engine.I have same truck with extended cab and 7.3lit in it.Over 430,000 miles and going.

30-May-17
I'd say so! Glad is OK, looks sketchy for a guy to be OK in that mess.

ElkNut1

30-May-17
Very lucky they were not hurt bad!!

30-May-17
Glad to hear is OK Dan.

That 7.3 rocks. Is he open to an automatic or a stick?

Mark

30-May-17
If he's gonna get another 7.3, I'd be salvaging as many parts as I could from that one. Either for replacement, or sale.

30-May-17
Dan Glad your brother is ok and hope the same for the other driver and any passengers.

Just went through my 02, new ball joints, tie rods, leaf springs, brakes, new tires this week and we will be ready for the next 175,000. Love the 7.3. I agree with above stated buy back this truck from the insurance it will be cheap parts for the next one. My first 7.3 had a 5 speed with a splitter tranny that split all gears even reverse. When it was totaled I bought it back for $750.00, sold the 7.3 with tranny for 4,000.00 and the splitter separate for 500.00, Wheels and tires didn't fit the new 02 so got 1000 out of them. Parted it out for more than I paid originally. Wish I had the tranny and splitter back, wish I had that truck back.

oz

30-May-17
Man, glad to hear he is ok! Those 7.3's are awesome!

30-May-17
Glad to hear he's ok, sucks about the truck. You can find 1999-2003 7.3s with relatively low mileage. I've been looking for one for my son, on average they seem to run around $15,000 for ones under 200,000. But for those of us that own them, they're just breaking in around that mileage. The wife's not to excited about another lifted straight piped 7.3 on the Richter scale in the driveway but oh well. Good luck on the search, let us know what he ends up with, J

30-May-17
Thanks to God you're only looking for a new truck and not a new brother...

30-May-17
The 7.3 was King of the Road in it's day and I owned 3 of them but he should look into the 6.7 Powerstroke.... beats the 7.3 in every way ! Never thought I would find a motor better than the 7.3 Powerstroke but there's a new Sheriff in town 6.7.... Glad your brother is OK.

30-May-17
Glad to hear everyone's ok and walked away from the accident.Probably wouldn't have been as bad if the rice burner hadn't had a trailer in tow. But Jdee I have seen and heard good things about the 6.7 so far but I think we still got a few years to go before it can be compared to the 7.3. Hands down the 7.3 is the most durable motor Ford ever put out.I know a couple guys that have over 1million on the vehicles.A transmission and injectors replaced and back on the road. Bigdan look in the upper midwest for a good one.Down here in Florida I see a few every winter.Snowbirds drive them down for the winter and back.Seems like a lot of them up there that have low mileage.Down here they get worked hard and beat on around the ranches.

30-May-17
Glad he is ok.

If you get a replacement GM product, you can get Onstar. 5 watt cellphone built into the truck. Hec, you can probably make phone calls from the Missouri breaks to get your pack crew on the way for that bull you have down. Also has a crash alert, where onstar knows about accidents and can deploy emergency services like ambulances. Priceless.

30-May-17
That's quite a lot of damage for hitting a full size pickup. Glad he's ok. Like stated the insurance company will most likely really depreciate the value.

New trucks are pricey!

31-May-17
Jeep guys will buy the axles if they are not damaged. Probably get $1k out of them. If I was closer I'd make an offer.... Glad he is ok.

31-May-17
The camper ended up on top of the FJ and the motor and trans was laying off the road about 60 yds away I drove two trucks today a 99 F-250 and a 2001 F-350 One long box the other a short box 207k miles on the 250 and 271k on the long box

31-May-17
Bigdan, glad to see your brother is basically ok. You Montanans are tough birds. Word of advice - tell your brother to get seen by a NUCCA chiro asap. No way the truck could get hit that hard with your brother in it and something isn't shoved out of alignment on him. Might take months to really become symptomatic. A good NUCCA chiro can check his alignment and get it fixed before it becomes chronic. It worked for me.

31-May-17
https://boise.craigslist.org/ctd/6129162923.html

There are several around the Boise, Id. area if he is up for a road trip with his Bro. ;-)

31-May-17
https://boise.craigslist.org/cto/6137767435.html

• Sitka Gear