LKH 03-Jun-17
elkman52 04-Jun-17
PA-R 04-Jun-17
MNRazorhead 05-Jun-17
nowheels 07-Jun-17
dg72a 13-Jun-17
ahunter55 15-Jun-17
30-May-17
We have a swampy area in front of the house and noticed a doe come in and start to nurse a single fawn. It nursed twice with a short period of laying down, Two bucks that have brows and are starting to branch were near.

One came over and sniffed the doe and then the fawn. She was very relaxed about it which was a big surprise to me.

30-May-17
Saw two newborn fawns (separate sightings, not twins) Saturday morning at the farm. Both were still wobbly on their feet. Had intentions of doing some bush hogging....but that changed my mind.

30-May-17
Just last week I saw my first fawn of the season and 3 sets of fuzzy horns. NE PA

30-May-17

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Found this little cutie yesterday.

30-May-17
I saw my first fawn about a week ago walking across a field with its mother. Definitely that time of the year again. Another few weeks and it will be time for the cameras to go out again.

30-May-17
I've seen a couple sets of fawn tracks but have yet to see one.

Great pic!

Mark

30-May-17
Running around everywhere here.

30-May-17
This is peak week for fawning in our area (Memorial Day week), and a buddy seen a guy carrying one in Rural King on Friday, he assumed getting supplies... Said was saved from roadkilled mother... Count 28 - 29 weeks back (196 - 203 day) will give approximant time of conception... (hint - peak rut)

30-May-17

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Found this one this evening while putting mineral out. You practically have to step on them before they will move.

30-May-17
Baby rabbits everywhere to. My dog came walking by while I was mowing yesterday with one in his mouth. He put it down to think about it and it ran off. He looked at me like it was my fault.

30-May-17
I have a Boykin Spaniel that's 13 now. When she was 10 and we were building our new house, the scraper was parked on the gravel near the house site. The operator was just getting ready to service it before starting work when he told me to look behind me.

My Boykin was herding this little fawn towards us. I yelled at her and she came to me. The guy held her for me and I went over and reached behind the scraper tire and caught the fawn. It didn't even have saliva on it and was untouched. Took it down into the brush and the next day it was gone.

30-May-17

drycreek's embedded Photo
drycreek's embedded Photo
This old gal is about to dominoe ! Judging by the date, hers may be on the ground !

31-May-17
I used to bush hog in June;no more ;too many little critters of all kinds on the ground.I wait until August now.The farmers around here kill a lot with first cutting;sad but unavoidable.

31-May-17
A flushing bar in front of the header can help, but the new rotary swathers do 14 mph on good ground.

31-May-17

sdbowhunter's embedded Photo
sdbowhunter's embedded Photo
5-25

31-May-17

bdfrd24v's embedded Photo
bdfrd24v's embedded Photo
First one I've got so far this year. Looks like a nice little one.

This plot should be looking great in 2 weeks. Been raining everyday.

31-May-17
My plot is not looking good at all. We are so dry. We need some rain bad.

01-Jun-17

RutnStrut's embedded Photo
We have been seeing newborn fawns for the last month here in West Central WI.

01-Jun-17
Wow April 30th is the earliest I have ever seen before

01-Jun-17

dg72a's embedded Photo
dg72a's embedded Photo
First fawn on camera this year for me as well...

01-Jun-17

Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
Some recent photos for me too...

01-Jun-17
RutnStrut - Curious, are those April 30th pix correct? That'd make early conception around mid October...

01-Jun-17
Saw my first two this afternoon, its about right here in my part of NY. Lots should be born over the next week or two. Scooby

01-Jun-17
Wife and I saw two this evening on the IA, MO line. Looked brand new.

02-Jun-17
Saw one in western PA yesterday. Never saw one this early.

02-Jun-17
No fawn deer yet but the antelope are starting iv seen 2 over the last 2 weeks.

02-Jun-17
Hey HerdManager, curious how may days of pregnancy after conception do you calculate for your does,,, 200?

Thanks for any input...

02-Jun-17

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
I've stumbled onto more fawns this year than I ever have before! This is my 4th one. He was lying in my clover plot, but he was on the wrong side of the food plot fence! I'll cut him some slack....this time. My wife also found another one this morning near our garden.

02-Jun-17
"RutnStrut - Curious, are those April 30th pix correct? That'd make early conception around mid October..." Yes the dates are correct, and that would be correct for assumed conception. Years ago a DNR biologist told me that some of the older does come into heat every year around Oct 10th.

03-Jun-17
For the second day in a row we've watched different does for part of the birthing process and I think today's might be in trouble. She had what appeared to be afterbirth hanging out for over an hour and kept straining to get rid of it. Laid down twice and got up after a while with it still hanging out. Couldn't watch anymore. I can kill them, but watching this wasn't bearable.

03-Jun-17
Larry You don't think she was possibly trying to have another fawn do you?

03-Jun-17
The older I get the more seeing fawns makes me appreciate life's renewal. Glorious time of year.

03-Jun-17
Larry sounds like she is priming for another fawn. Scooby

03-Jun-17
Well, it finally resolved this morning. I'm not sure what happened and there are enough deer around my place that there is a chance I actually saw two deer.

This morning I saw her come off the dam fill in front of the house. Not far from where I saw her at dark. She never came out and I contacted the warden. We talked it over and when I finally went out several hours later (Wasn't looking forward to what I expected to find).

You can imagine how happy I was to jump her at very close range and see her rear clear of anything. She went up on the fill and stopped to watch me as I went back to the house. Still haven't seen the fawn and won't go look.

04-Jun-17
I saw a fawn last year while fixing a stand on April 1st!! Looked like a raccoon following it's mother.When was she bred?Couple of years ago I saw a130in. 10 pt. breed a doe oct. 8th some does are ready early

04-Jun-17
Out early this morning, checking some beans fields, saw a doe with three fawns, looks like to be a couple days old, she has her work cut out for sure.

05-Jun-17

MNRazorhead's embedded Photo
MNRazorhead's embedded Photo
Pre-first fawn

07-Jun-17
I saw my first one of the year this afternoon, which is unusual, because they start dropping here in late April/early May. Most years, I've seen several live ones and even more dead ones on the roads by now.

13-Jun-17

dg72a's embedded Photo
dg72a's embedded Photo
I`m guessing this one at about 3 weeks old or so....

15-Jun-17

ahunter55's embedded Photo
ahunter55's embedded Photo
We had our 1st in the yard this morning.

• Sitka Gear