deerslayer 01-Jun-17
Bushwacker 01-Jun-17
ToddT 01-Jun-17
ToddT 01-Jun-17
Bushwacker 01-Jun-17
Thunderflight 01-Jun-17
01-Jun-17

Bushwacker's Link
Just returned from our black bear hunt. Hunted the inland portion of Alaska. First trip to Alaska, first bear hunt. This is my bear, took it with my bow. My daughter encountered problems with her bow and opted to switch to rifle so she also managed to take a nice boar. Had a great time with our hosts, they certainly were patient and put up with a couple of flatlanders for the week. Both bears were just a tad over 6' square and skulls were both right at 18" Needless to say, we both left Alaska with a lot of great memories and two great bears. Emily opted for a rug while I opted for a shoulder mount for mine.

I put together a short video of my hunt, tried several times to upload to YouTube, but was unsuccessful. Tried again in another format and it worked, but the video quality is a bit grainy. I will keep trying to upload the better video, in the meantime, hope this one will suffice?

Thanks to Peyton and Bob for all that you did. I can't thank you enough!

01-Jun-17

Bushwacker's embedded Photo
Emily's bear
Emily's bear
My bear
My bear

01-Jun-17
Excellent video. Love the multi-angles and slo-mo! Congrats on a "trip of a lifetime".

01-Jun-17
Awesome... congrats!

01-Jun-17
Congrats.

01-Jun-17
Nice thanks

01-Jun-17
Very cool !!!!

01-Jun-17
Congrats to you and your daughter. Awesome bears

01-Jun-17
Congrats!!

01-Jun-17
Good video, great trophies, super adventure. Congrats.

01-Jun-17
Loved the video and great shot on him. Congrats!

01-Jun-17
This is awesome! Congrats to you and your daughter! This is an adventure my daughter and I are going to do in a few years. So looking forward to it! Way to go!

01-Jun-17
what a wonderful experience for you both. Nice bears!

01-Jun-17
Updated video link. Video quality should be much better. But now I can't get the link below to be submitted correctly as an embedded link like it's supposed to be? If I put the link in the URL box, it won't submit it for posting. Maybe someone else can copy and paste it into the URL box and see if it will take it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsZ2yx1Aklo

01-Jun-17
Already watched it on TBH. Congrats to y'all again !

01-Jun-17
First congrats. Second, I don't want to sound negative, but I have a question. I do know that the way a picture is taken can really change the way an animal appears. I see it all the time, a really huge animal can be made to appear average, or even small, and a small, or average animal can be made to appear, enormous. Anyway, you mentioned that both were nice bears that squared six feet and had 18 inch skulls, which makes me believe that they both were very similar in size. But to me, looking at the pictures, your bear looks like a beast - that is a really nice bear -, and your daughters looks like a younger, smaller bear. Great trophies, no matter what, especially for first bears, and a great adventure that you guys will always remember, and again, not trying to be negative in the least, just curious if they were both very similar in size, and like I said the picture didn't do justice to your daughter's bear, or was hers actually smaller? Just curious. And the only reason I am curious is, I believe I am pretty good at judging animals, even with less than perfect pictures, and I believe I can also spot those average animals that have been set up perfectly to appear larger than they actually are, and was wondering if I was off on this one.

01-Jun-17
Very cool. Congrats to both of you!

01-Jun-17

ToddT, no offense taken. Let me post a better picture of her bear. I posted that pic of mine to show how scarred up his nose was. And they said my bear was much older than hers, but they did measure out about the same. My bear 'appeared' to have a really thick neck and fatter snot. But we did not measure those to compare. I realize they do look to be different in size, but believe me, when they stretched them out flat, they were within an inch or two of each other. And both skulls were right at 18" I can't explain it when it comes to looking at them in pictures, but the tape measure told the tell.

01-Jun-17
Thanks for not being defensive. And the second picture is much better of your daughters bear. And I wasn't even referring so much to the body, as I was looking primarily at the head, and though the head looks bigger, in the second pic with your daughter, yours does look a lot wider across the head and even the muzzle. Yours looks like an older bear to me.

Like I said though, both are nice. I do really like the pic of your bear. That was a great pic, and it shows off that huge noggin perfectly.

01-Jun-17
Were both boar bear?

01-Jun-17
Yes, both were boar. They thought mine was around ten years old and I think they thought hers was closer to five or six? I was just glad she tagged first and again, we are both VERY happy with our bears and the hunt that we experienced. Definitely a hunt of a lifetime for us and a lot of great memories made.

01-Jun-17
Congrats!!!!

• Sitka Gear