Paul@thefort 13-Jun-17
Owl 13-Jun-17
Fuzzy 13-Jun-17
ahunter55 13-Jun-17
Shug 20-Jun-17
01-Jun-17
Lets here some great tails of there bear woods

01-Jun-17
easy for me my sons first trip to Manitoba bear came in 5 times before he got the right shot, night I will never forget!!!!!

01-Jun-17
Awesome. Can't wait untilmy kids are old enough to hunt . my most memorable hunt was a fall trip to tsi about 5 years ago. The bear I ended up harvesting was a nice 290 lber who came in and out 8 times before I could get a shot. But the most memorable thing about it was the bear I didn't shot. He was about a 250 lber but he had a huge white patch with a perfect black diamond in the middle. I will never forget that bear but my goal was a 300 lber and I stuck to it and still came up short haha. The bear has since been killed a 255 spring bear if I remember right.

01-Jun-17
Self-guided in MN last fall. 4th sit & 1st bear I saw. What a blast!

01-Jun-17

Brotsky's Link
This one is a no brainer for me! Seeing that smile on her face is one of the best memories of my life!

01-Jun-17

Forest bows's embedded Photo
Forest bows's embedded Photo
Shot this guy at 10 yards. Eye to eye stare down for what had to be 2-3 minutes...... He turned to walk off and I shot him.

01-Jun-17
What'd he ever do to you, Forest? ;-)

01-Jun-17
Wow Forest, did he make fun of you for using a compound or a mechanical broadhead or something? :)

01-Jun-17
Aye caramba, Forest doesn't mess around LOL

01-Jun-17
I guess we should avoid eye contact with Forest:)

For some crazy reason the picture of Forests kill is a brown bear on the mobile app but a fellow human on a laptop:)

01-Jun-17
My first bear hunt. Prince of Wales island early Set. standing in the middle of a stream with salmon hitting my legs. He came back through the jungle for another one and stared me down for about 2 minutes. When he turned the long bow spoke and the Eskimo made holes in both sides, went about 80 yards. Unforgettable.

01-Jun-17

HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
I hunted this bear for 3 years. Had multiple encounters but he always slipped away. A hot sow finally made him make a mistake. Love some spring time bears. Hunt

01-Jun-17

jensbear's embedded Photo
jensbear's embedded Photo
June 2016, myself, my dad, one of my brothers and his son and a family friend headed to New Brunswick for a week of bear hunting. All 5 of us could have shot bears, some elected to pass because of having killed decent bears before and were looking for something bigger. I was holding out for a big one myself since I was fortunate enough to have one in P&Y from a few years ago. I was holding out for a good boar and the outfitter told us the sows were coming into heat over the past week. I passed up 4 bears in 3 days of hunting (first day was rained out) and on the last day I had a good bear follow a sow all around my bait site for over an hour but never stopping to offer the right angle for a shot. Finally, after the 5th or 6th time they had come into the bait, the boar left the sow and walked into the barrel. The shot felt good and I watched the arrow enter the middle of the bear and angle towards the front shoulder on the opposite side. 60 yards later, he was done. I wish someone had a video camera to film us trying to get him out to the truck! We must have fallen or tripped 4-5 times in a hundred yards. Turns out that the "cart" the outfitter uses to haul out the bears had a flat tire, so we laid the bear on the frame of the cart and "carried" him out...about 15 yards at a time! My nephew was also fortunate to connect on a bear with a nice white blaze on his chest. Excellent hunt and so cool to witness a boar following a sow in heat, grunting and huffing the entire time along with popping his jaws. He was 200 pounds bigger than her, but she ran the show, chasing him away multiple times during the afternoon. Very cool to watch.

01-Jun-17

Bigpizzaman's embedded Photo
Bigpizzaman's embedded Photo
Clutch and I on the Penninisulia in Alaska, oh man what a story! You gotta buy me a few beers to hear it, but guaranteed worth every penny!!!!

01-Jun-17

Bou'bound's embedded Photo
This was a pretty good one.

01-Jun-17

This was the same pretty good one getting closer.

01-Jun-17

This was the result of him coming too close.

01-Jun-17

This was him coming in at 23 yards

01-Jun-17
Never get tired of looking at that one, Bou....such a gorgeous hide.

Hope HUNT has another bear story for us this year.

02-Jun-17
Nice bears everone. I happened to watch that Western Extreme show last night on bear hunting. He was hunting on the ground with different cameras pointing in different directions doing a self filming. He was looking off to the right at a bear making a ruckus. The camera that was off to the right pointed at him caught a bear that had walked up to less than 5 feet. He finally spotted it and turned his bow but the bear took off. Looking eye to eye at a bear ought to get your blood going. He decided a stand might be a wise choice after that. That was the second bear that walked in on him.

08-Jun-17

Ursus a. Horribilis's embedded Photo
First bear.
First bear.
Hunting in Yukon Flats NWR. No activity the first two days then... I shot a good boar with my bow. He expired in some super thick stuff. As we were skinning a larger boar circled us, popping his jaws. Then he came at us. I could just make out his head at 15 yds. Guide handed me his 375 mag and said "shoot him now!". The bullet hit him in the chest and exited in front of his hip. Just turned him enough to pass by before expiring. Two tags filled in 30 minutes.

08-Jun-17

Bear #2
Bear #2

09-Jun-17

Rock's embedded Photo
2012 Alaskan brown Bear
Rock's embedded Photo
2012 Alaskan brown Bear
Rock's embedded Photo
Rock's embedded Photo
My most memorable to date is my 2012 Alaskan Brown Bear, stopped it at 3 yards and shot him somewhere between 3 - 10 yards.. Going after Grizzly this year so my make another great memory.

09-Jun-17
Rock, I remember that pic. That's an awesome accomplishment. Congrats and best wishes for a successful grizzly hunt!

12-Jun-17
Here's 1,000 words:

12-Jun-17

Fuzzy's embedded Photo
Fuzzy's embedded Photo

12-Jun-17

No Mercy's embedded Photo
No Mercy's embedded Photo

No Mercy's Link
My MN Adventure thread link attached.

12-Jun-17

RD's embedded Photo
RD's embedded Photo
To tell this correctly would take a long time so a short version. Manitoba spring hunt, first night out the guide hadn't even got out sight when a red colored sow showed up with 2 yearling cubs(60 lbs) they both came up the tree. The stand was a ladder type so one came to my feet and the other right next to me, I punched the top one square in the nose and kicked the lower one off my feet, thankfully they didn't make any sound and eventually left. A big black sow came in later. Second night same stand the big black sow came in followed a yearly cub and here comes the cub up the tree, this one stopped just short of the stand for a couple minutes and them left. Third night different stand sow comes in with 2 tiny cubs, now I'm a little worried, it turned actually to be kind of fun watching their interaction but 4 times another bear approached only to be run off by the sow. Fourth day different stand again, when drove in I climbed the tree and when the guide added bait he looked up at me and reading his lips I heard him say "it's you" not 5 minutes after he left in comes a sow with 2 tiny cubs again, this night turned exciting as everytime another bear would approach the sow would make some sounds that sent the cubs up a tree and eventually my tree. I used my safety harness clip and tried to knock them out of my tree, I surely didn't want them getting above me. The sow came back and the cubs went to her, next time she chased a bear off the cubs came up the tree next to me only about 15 feet higher than me. So now I'm sitting below the cubs and about 10 feet between trees. When the sow came back she started popping her jaws and came up the tree the cubs were in, when she equal height to me she tried coming across on limbs but they wouldn't hold her so she went up next to the cubs. When the guide came back at dark(3 hrs ) she was still there and all he said was " she looks pissed" I agreed as I had sat there with my bow pointed her way long enough. The fifth morning I went out as it was in the 20's and snowing different stand, no cubs sat all day, saw several bears and ended up shooting a nice Red Boar.

12-Jun-17
Some cool hunts here guys!

12-Jun-17
The only one I ever went on!

12-Jun-17

killinstuff's embedded Photo
killinstuff's embedded Photo
My sons first bear, a BC 7 footer when he was 14. Now he thinks any bear under 7' is small and makes fun of my 6' to 6' 8" bears I kill. The little bastard. But he's just like me I guess.....So I still take him along. .

12-Jun-17

Windwalker's embedded Photo
Windwalker's embedded Photo
I took this guy in 2014 when I was 72. He came in on the 1st day of a 6 day hunt. I had only been in my stand for 3 hours. He was the largest bear I have ever seen and color phase to boot. After the arrow hit he only went 30 yards and I seen him go down. His final score was 20 1/16th. A friend posted a video on You Tube under Big Blonde Bear taken with an arrow. Getting this bear was the biggest thrill of my bowhunting career which spans 55 years.

13-Jun-17
rock and i shoot our bears with the same guy avg 7 yard shots

13-Jun-17

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
I was on the breakfast menu! While on the ground using a predator call, I attracted this one to within 25 yards here in Colorado.

13-Jun-17
All my bear hunts have been different enough to stand on their own. I couldn't pick a favorite if you held a gun to my head. Some moments, yes:

1) Every day, driving over 4 hours round trip to my bait sites during my first hunt with outfitter Derrel Johnson. We logged over 20 hours in a pick up and pretty much cemented a lifetime friendship on those long drives.

2) Seeing my good friend, Bo, kill a ridiculously fat and square P&Y bear. It was barely 5' long but had to be over 400 lb. A jumbo sized bean bag chair with a head. The Sumo Bear.

3) Same hunt, I killed a bear just under 7'. Long legged bugger. Marginal bears are hard to judge. Really big bears are not.

4) Being with my brother when he killed a big bear in the snow. Seeing him grin ear to ear is a rare sight and deserving of the archives.

5) Hanging out with Pat Bischoff and Jeff Harney while raw tanning a few hides. That was a great trip and that day, in particular, stands out.

6) Checking off a bucket list item with a brown bear hunt thanks to a thread and subsequent advice from our own Genesis.

7) Hunting bears with hounds in my native VA. Another bucket list item and, before we were done, I thought it would be the the one that toppled the bucket. Bear hunting with hounds should be an Olympic event.

8) Being with my Dad and Derrel on the evening Dad tagged out on 2 bears. He killed a bear and called for us to pick him up. By the time we got there, he had a 2nd bear down. It was a trip; he was so excited. Turns out that was the last time he would hunt and the last time Derrel would run hunters out of that concession.

I could go on but y'all get the drift.

13-Jun-17
Randy, hound hunting bear should DEFINATELY be an Olympic event....

13-Jun-17

ahunter55's embedded Photo
ahunter55's embedded Photo
I've had 15 great Bear hunts & my last was in 1990 where I arrowed a 19" beautiful animal on the 1st evening in Quebec Canada. My most memorable has to be the Bear I took, on my own, DIY Public land 10 years prior to my last on a fall bowhunt. I hauled a ton of bait & logged many hours behind the wheel b/4 it came about.. I passed on a smaller Bear an hour prior to this guy showing up & am I glad I did. This Bear was "huge" & being a fall Bear well over the 500# mark. I now have a 6'4" Rug nose to tail.. The other Bear is a full mount over looing my living room from the loft.

20-Jun-17

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
Quebec 2012 ... sitting on stand with my 14 year old son ...His third year bear hunting his third and biggest bear... His second was taken from the ground at 7 yards in a brush blind.

• Sitka Gear