dave cahilly 17-Mar-18
Dafish 19-Mar-18
dmann 19-Mar-18
bugslinger 19-Mar-18
pointingdogs 19-Mar-18
David A. 23-Mar-18
larv 01-Apr-18
01-Jun-17
Anyone here had trouble with their LCD staying inflated??

01-Jun-17
I have been using them for years and have never had a problem. Have you contacted them about it?

01-Jun-17
My brother's hen loses air

01-Jun-17

Nogutsnostory's MOBILE embedded Photo
Nogutsnostory's MOBILE embedded Photo

My daughter center punched mine so it leaks!!

01-Jun-17
I had a hen that would lose air. I called up and Fred answered the phone, took my info and sent me a new one. I had it in a couple of days. He included a prepaid return label for the defective one and a video. First class company.

01-Jun-17
My Jake does. I haven't taken the time to try and figure out where yet. It stays mostly inflated so the shape still looks realistic. Maybe looks a touch on the wimpy side, which may even help!

01-Jun-17
Never push down on the deke once the stake is in the ground. That may not have caused your leakage, but it will. Ask me how I know !

01-Jun-17
No problem for me I bought the real deal DSD's ! LOL !

01-Jun-17
DSD's are the way to go. I've had 4-6 Avian X and I've had enough problems to not go back to hem. Avian X has mostly stood behind their decoys, but the hassle every year it seems is getting old; that and their new paint scheme that is mostly green and gold (and looks like crap compared to their old ones). I''ll be getting DSD's from here on out.

01-Jun-17

trkyslr's embedded Photo
trkyslr's embedded Photo
I could do this a hundred times and this DSD will still look and have the same shape... as long as I don't neck shoot the deek every time ;-)

01-Jun-17
Try the Wind Drifters.

01-Jun-17
I had to fix both my jake and my hen after hunting over both for of them for about 5 seasons. Up until this season they were flawless. My daughter & I had a group of overzealous jakes come in and really work over both decoys. They climbing all over both and separated the seals at the top and bottom of both stake tubes.

I used 5 minute epoxy and ran a thin bead around the edge of the stake tube where it is welded to the decoy rubber body. That may be enough to seal it air tight again. If not, you may have to drizzle enough epoxy into the stake tube to make a seal of about 1/8" while the decoy is upside down. I used a couple of 1x4's to prop the decoy in the position necessary to get the stake tube vertical.

Both of mine are air tight now. This should work well for you. If that doesn't seal them up, I would submerge in a tub to find the leak...

Good luck. This worked for me. That said, when I can't fix mine any longer I intend to switch to DSD's. Pete

01-Jun-17
Yeah I submerged and leak was in stake hole but shoe goo didn't fix .....they said will replace if I can come up with the receipt

02-Jun-17
My friend pushed down on the decoy to set the stake further in the ground. After that it would be deflated a bit after 20-30 minutes. I found a YouTube video on how to repair it with some super glue. I briefly looked for it but do not see it right now. You place some super glue around the tube that goes inside the decoy then place about 10-20 drops down inside to where the state sits. Let it get all the way down there and tilt the decoy so that whole area gets wet. That fixed my leaky decoy.

02-Jun-17
Ok looks like no warranty replacement by Avian X ...... So I'll go the super glue route and look for another company to buy decoys......thanks for the tips

03-Jun-17
I have two hens and a jake they leak, but It takes me about 30'seconds to inflate all. They hold air my whole hunt no big deal.

06-Jun-17
I have never had an Avian X decoy last more than a year without leaking. The company has replaced two of mine and those now leak. I finally just gave up and bought DSDs.

Darren

28-Jul-17
Find the receipt?

It's obviously their decoy.

16-Mar-18
My son and I have 6 -2H-2J & 2 Strutters . I have had and used mine more than PC has . That being said I have had 2 leakers right off ( stake holes). Called costumer service they said wouldn't warranty the leakers. But did offer the super glue idea and that seemed to work. after a year a new strutter came in the mail. SUPPRISED the heck out of me! The decoy it replaced was a total wreak with all the seems in the back split apart. I thought I was stuck with the bad one so I super glued all the cracks and let it set all winter. I didn't get a return slip with the replacement Tom. I would have returned it but I know they would 86 it after seeing it so what's the use. At my age buying DSD is out of the answer for my turkey hunting going forward. I must say a bunch of Toms have died to the Avian X decoys. If I had the funds the last decoys I would wish for is the DSD breeding Tom & hen. I have the KILLer B Tom that has somewhat same effect on a loved starved Tom.

16-Mar-18
Yep,stake holes are a design flaw but that ain't my worry anymore as I have fulfilled my duty to warn my buddies and have 2 DSDs wanting to be stuck in the ground next week.

16-Mar-18
I had a leaker, but they replaced. Good CS

16-Mar-18
I had a leaker, but they replaced. Good CS

17-Mar-18
Mine leak, but the turkeys don't seem to care. As little as I get to hunt turkeys, my pair will last me until I don't need them anymore.

17-Mar-18
I called avian up 2 years ago when mine woulnot hold air. they sent me one no questions asked just return the old one in the box provided that had postage paid. great service

19-Mar-18
I used gorilla glue , just dripped it down the stake tube so it covered the bottom,

19-Mar-18
Wish i would have read this before I ordered mine! Have a new breeder hen that was delivered today waiting at home.

19-Mar-18
I have three Avian X decoys that I've owned for 5-6 years, no issues at all.

19-Mar-18
Hope that you figure out the issue. I looked at Avian-X and asked the salesman at Cabelas what would happen if the old guy that I take shotgun hunting... shot the decoy? He told me that it would leak (I know how the old guy shoots). I went with the DSD and KNOW that it will NOT leak if he shoots the decoy :)

23-Mar-18
Problem is DSDs are bulky and heavy. I'm probably going with the Montana purr-fect decoys. So easy to deal with and look very good. Experimenting with the Flextone funky chicken/jake...

01-Apr-18
Dripped quite a bit of a super glue like down the stake hole and it seemed to fix it. It was a type of super glue i used. Had put the decoy in the tub to find the leak.

Larv

• Sitka Gear