Contributors to this thread:
Term 05-Jun-17
Russ Koon 05-Jun-17
RymanCat 05-Jun-17
Muddyboots 05-Jun-17
Two Feathers 05-Jun-17
Term 06-Jun-17
05-Jun-17
I have used fletch tape for years and love it. Need to put some arrows together asap! I have some new in a pkg that I have had 2-3 years. Many arrows kept in same shop for that long and longer that were done with tape. Has anyone had trouble with tape not working because of age?

05-Jun-17
Had one roll of fletching tape in the tackle box for years and finally tried some of it. It worked well, but I didn't like it as well as my regular method, which was Loctite Super Glue (the instant stuff).

Can't beat the Loctite for speed, IMO. Prep is about the same for either method; a quick rub of the area to to be fletched with a paper towel wet with alcohol (I like the denatured Klean-Strip , and buy it by the quart for general purposes as well as fletching), standing the shafts on the other end to dry while I ready the Bitz and the vanes and glue, then a quick light bead down each vane with the fine applicator tip, getting the surface just covered but with as little extra standing on it as possible to minimize running, and standing that shaft on it's nock while doing the next. As quickly as I can assemble them, they are ready to shoot.

05-Jun-17
Keep it in refrigerator.

05-Jun-17
I fletched a dozen arrrows this spring with some tape that is 5 to 6 years old. It has worked fine.

05-Jun-17
No problems yet.

06-Jun-17
Thanks for sharing your experiences. I will get some arrows made up for my daughter with confidence!!!!! Term

• Sitka Gear