Zbone 06-Jun-17
EmbryOklahoma 06-Jun-17
IdyllwildArcher 06-Jun-17
spike78 06-Jun-17
BOWUNTR 06-Jun-17
LBshooter 06-Jun-17
Gutpile Addict 07-Jun-17
05-Jun-17
Which week if I draw 2nd week of November. Watch the weather channel and leave when weather is right maybe

05-Jun-17
A lot of guys are here to help but your question is hard to understand.

Please rewrite it.

It depends on the state and weapon.

05-Jun-17
Yes?

05-Jun-17
Of course, punctuation is always optional

06-Jun-17
Anytime between Halloween and Thanksgiving is great, but the colder the better, so 2nd or 3rd week of Nov is usually what to plan on.

06-Jun-17
Check the moon location.

06-Jun-17

Ranch Fairy's embedded Photo
Work around the full moon.
Ranch Fairy's embedded Photo
Work around the full moon.
Since you are trying to schedule your vacation. Find a moon phase chart. I use moon connection. Look for full moon and avoid, if reasonable, the 5 day period around the full mooon. In the picture, the 11th is the lunar full moon. So 9th through 13th - avoid.

So, just to add some redneck science. Most people think the deer move at night on a full moon. My observations have been that deer, PRESSURED, move at night. But when we do nocturnal deer counts here in Texas late summer - the full moon allows the deer a 24 hour buffet. They do whatever and act like cows. There is no dark period. There's day time and basically day time at night because of the bright moon. So they move whenever they please.

06-Jun-17
Sat Nov 4- Sun Nov 12 as long as you don't have any gun season conflicts in your state.

06-Jun-17
Hunt the wind and pick up an Ozonics!

06-Jun-17
I'm gonna assume you're inquiring about Iowa, beings you stated on the "Iowa draw" thread that you burned your 5 pts. As a resident, year in and year out, I've had the most consistent success from Halloween thru the 10th of November. (what I consider the pre-rut). Warm weather can slow daytime movement some, but generally will not completely shut them down during the day.

If your schedule is flexible, it may be wise to follow your own advice and watch the weather and leave accordingly.

06-Jun-17
one leg is both the same....

06-Jun-17
If the moon is full just hunt mid day. I would still hunt the week of Veterans day!! Scooby

06-Jun-17
Over the years my best success has come from keeping my butt in the stand during November. First week, second week, third week, fourth week; they all have their advantages and disadvantages. The best time to be in the stand is when a big buck comes by, they don't read the rule book. I don't care what the moon says if there is a big buck in front of me I'm going to shoot him. Weather can influence deer movement, but it only takes one!

That being said I like November 4th thru 12th this year.

06-Jun-17
I concur with MQQSE - "Sat Nov 4- Sun Nov 12 as long as you don't have any gun season conflicts in your state."

That week would be perfect...

06-Jun-17
Moon is pretty full for the first part of the 4th-12th. I do agree it should not matter that much just be in stand as much as possible. That said the 11th on looks the very best too me! Scooby

06-Jun-17
Although lunar phase may affect daytime deer activity, moon has little to do with does coming in estrus, its all about the calendar dates... Same dates year after year...

06-Jun-17
I'd take off the week of Nov. 1st through Thanksgiving day. Don't forget to buy an Ozonics too, and when you get there, run it over with your truck.

06-Jun-17
I'll be taking the week of October 25th to November 25th off to hunt WTs this year.

06-Jun-17
I met a guy who bags big bucks every year in my home state of MA. He takes off the first two weeks of the MA season which is mid October. He sets up by their bedding area and shoots them before they leave to begin the rut. May not be as exciting as the rut but by the looks of his photo album I'm a believer! Says he bags most of them in the first day or two.

06-Jun-17
Ozonics is not fair chase...

Ike, that's a long week.

Charlie, looks like my Kansas hunt revolves around you and has nothing to do with the moon phase, rut, weather...

Ed F

06-Jun-17
they still sell ozonics?

07-Jun-17
Thanks guys sorry about not being specific.

• Sitka Gear