Hessticles 13-Jun-17
Chief 419 13-Jun-17
BagginBigguns 14-Jun-17
hillbender 17-Jun-17
hillbender 17-Jun-17
10-Jun-17

Hessticles's embedded Photo
Hessticles's embedded Photo
Finally pulled the trigger! Be nice to keep in touch with the wife while having a 1 month old girl at home while I'm in the backcountry!

10-Jun-17
Google free weather for InReach, there's a guy has a system setup where you use one of your free preset messages and you get a basic point weather forecast. Also every time you make a change on the computer, you have to hook your unit up to the computer for change to take place.

10-Jun-17
Great choice!! I love my inReach SE.

10-Jun-17
Loved mine in Alaska last fall. Just wish I was smart enough to figger out all of the features. (Operator incompetence, not the unit's fault)

10-Jun-17
I've had one for a year now, I have sent a couple pre-logged messages out, works great & a nice piece of technology to have in certain areas. Are you on a monthly or yearly program? I chose yearly for the 12.45 a month. Good luck with yours!

ElkNut1

10-Jun-17
Bought an SE on ebay a couple seasons ago. One of the best pieces of equipment I ever purchased.

10-Jun-17
Elknut I haven't actually even set it up yet, I will probably do the monthly as I will probably only need it in September for this year! Might be different year to year for me!

10-Jun-17
You're gonna love it!

Mine went with me to 4 different states last fall

photo DSCN8156_zpsvkwbjebt.jpg

10-Jun-17
A fellow Bowsiter took an Inreach with him last year on a sheep bowhunt. After he filled his tag, we were able to continue to receive daily updates on the other Bowsiter that was still up there hunting for his ram. That Inreach system was awesome for those of us that were starving for updates.....but it came at a price....as some of us were bothering the guy every 30 minutes for additional updates....lol!!

10-Jun-17

11-Jun-17
Im ordering one for fall hunting use. I suppose it has its own unique phone number or does it piggy back off your existing number?

11-Jun-17
Yes. It has its own phone number

Download 'Earthmate' app to your phone and pair it up using Bluetooth. You can then have texting and a gps

11-Jun-17
I dug around a little on this. What plans are most of you getting for this? What are the average costs for that?

11-Jun-17
Copy Paste this link [since the URL link on this site doesnt work very well]

https://explore.garmin.com/en-US/inreach/

I use the Freedom Plan mostly thru the year. In the fall I switch to what is now the 'Expedition Plan'

12-Jun-17
I'm in between on this and a SAT phone. I love the features of this unit but ...

13-Jun-17
Where is the best place to get one?

13-Jun-17
Can't recall where I got mine for sure but possibly Amazon?

ElkNut1

13-Jun-17
I bought mine using cabelas points, but I couldn't find them anywhere cheaper than 450

13-Jun-17
I bought my InReach on Amazon. I usually get the Freedom Plan before going on a hunt and turn it off when I get home. It's nice to be "off the grid" and still be able to communicate back home.

14-Jun-17
Any comments on the new Garmin iteration of this device?

17-Jun-17

17-Jun-17
I just set mine up last night (The Garmin iteration). Set up was easy and I test texted some comrades from my residence where there is no cell coverage for miles around. i solo hunt almost exclusively out west and at home and Im no longer a spring chicken so the biggest benefit I get out of the purchase is peace of mind. If I break a leg in Wy or hang my truck up here in the ozarks now I know I can summon help. A little pricey but I dont care Im soon to retire and I have big plans/ The piece of mind is prcelss and this thing is much handier than a spot tracker. They are selling well enough you cant find a sale priced one so I purchased at REI at least I get 10% credit back on gear, .

• Sitka Gear