Brad From Hebo 10-Jun-17
Scar Finga 10-Jun-17
Greg S 10-Jun-17
GregE 10-Jun-17
Royboy 12-Jun-17
EmbryOklahoma 12-Jun-17
BOHNTR 12-Jun-17
10-Jun-17
Oregon, and the archery world, lost a good one last night. Dave lost his fight with cancer. Dave and his wife did so much for our passion. He will be missed greatly.

10-Jun-17
Sorry for your loss and the loss to his family! Payers for all of you!

God Bless and take take rest knowing he is in the Hands of the Lord!

Scar.

10-Jun-17
I met him back in 1996 when he was teaching a friend of mine about traditional archery. Even got to go on a backpack elk hunt for a couple days with him. Down to earth guy that loved archery and archery hunting! RIP.

10-Jun-17
Dave and I grew up in Eugene and I knew him from church and school. We spent many days together and he encouraged my to get my first " real hunting bow" a used 45# Bear Alaskan recurve from Sweetland Archery, along with a dozen of their compressed cedar Forgewood shafts. Dave wrote a nice eulogy about Bill Sweetland when he passed. He got out of the Marines while I stayed in the Army for 20 years so I didn't see him often but always enjoyed flinging some arrows or just talking about hunting when i came home on leave. I was wondering about him recently------- should have contacted him while I could.

Greg

12-Jun-17
Sad news,he measured my bull for me and he was a regular at bow shoots in Oregon. Nice man!

12-Jun-17
Threads like this are exactly why I'll never concern myself with what bow you shoot, head you shoot, or if you hunt over a legal pile of bait. Life is too short!

RIP Dave. Cancer sucks. Condolences to the family, may they all find some peace in the memories they hold.

12-Jun-17
I was first 'introduced' to Dave with his role in a hunting VHS tape published in 1986; How to Hunt Mule Deer in Open Country. Larry D. Jones, Neil Summers and Dave Doran all were featured. To this day it has been the best high-country mule deer tape I've viewed. RIP, Mr. Doran!

• Sitka Gear