HDE 12-Jun-17
griz 12-Jun-17
skipmaster1 12-Jun-17
skipmaster1 12-Jun-17
txhunter58 12-Jun-17
JLeMieux 12-Jun-17
justinspicher 13-Jun-17
11-Jun-17
I'll be hunting North of Durango sept 16-24th, beteeen 7500'-9500'. I'm just curious what I should expect for typical weather. I've hunted MT a bunch but I know the weather is quite different here.

12-Jun-17
Shorts and t-shirts the whole time. You heard it from a guy on Bowsite.

In all seriousness it's probably a wide range. Wouldn't expect much for snow but definitely be prepared for big warm and cool swings with rain being being likely. Just prepare accordingly.

12-Jun-17
Heck, I've been up that area a number of times and it can be from tee shirt weather to get your camp down off a mesa or plan to stay there for many days longer than planned.

Most likely somewhere between warmer and just cold but I don't go without a weather radio to hear of an approaching snow storm.

But you're in Colorado and if you're up in the mountains that time of year without preparations of severe possibilities (from downpours to very heavy snows that'll mud the roads impassible) you're playing weather roulette.

Andy

12-Jun-17
Not uncommon to see snow...

12-Jun-17
I've hunted a few times north of Durango in the beginning of October and I have seen everything from freezing temps and clear skies to temps in the 70s and thunderstorms with severe lightning , to blinding snow storms that cover the ground in minutes. And all in the same day!!

12-Jun-17
Thanks everyone. That's what I figured. Where I hunt in MT we have had snow and temps in the 20's and 80 the next day. We almost never see any rain though. I think it's rained part of one day out of the 30+ days I hunted over the years. I'll make sure to double check my rain gear

12-Jun-17
Thanks everyone. That's what I figured. Where I hunt in MT we have had snow and temps in the 20's and 80 the next day. We almost never see any rain though. I think it's rained part of one day out of the 30+ days I hunted over the years. I'll make sure to double check my rain gear

12-Jun-17
It is rare to not get some rain for a hunt at those elevations that time of year, so I never leave camp without a good set of packable raingear in my daypack. I never take bulky raingear but rely on layers to keep me warm and buy rain gear that will fit outside of my clothes/jackets, etc . So if you prepare for the temp swings of Montana and throw in some good raingear, you should be good to go.

12-Jun-17
Last time I hunted near Durango it rained almost everyday of the 10 day hunt. Packed camp up in the snow the last morning.

13-Jun-17
I live here and we had snow in May........

If you don't like the weather, just wait, it'll change.

• Sitka Gear