TD 14-Jun-17
South Farm 14-Jun-17
Tonybear61 26-Jun-17
WV Mountaineer 26-Jun-17
Woods Walker 26-Jun-17
Pintail 27-Jun-17
12-Jun-17

coelker's Link
Just saw this crap. It is unreal that they can make a business model out of suing the federal government. Even more unreal just how far they will go to end hunting. They are not about nature or wildlife. They are about profit and anti hunting.

http://trib.com/lifestyles/recreation/conservationists-file-lawsuit-against-elk-feeding-in-wyoming/article_a5519644-c511-5c7c-aecc-c75a74ed4823.html

12-Jun-17
I'm certainly not advocating for the Sierra Club, but CWD and elk feeding grounds is a very legitimate concern. There was a thread on it a few months ago.

12-Jun-17
What's funny is that the anti-hunting organizations are hating on the Sierra Club because of their "pro-hunting" positions!

12-Jun-17
http://trib.com/lifestyles/recreation/sportsmen-fret-over-trump-s-proposed-budget-note-congress-has/article_fb4dedff-53a3-50d6-9684-0b591ee1f365.html#tncms-source=infinity-scroll-summary-siderail-latest

I find this story much more alarming.

I don't usually agree with the SC but they have a very legitimate point.

http://trib.com/lifestyles/recreation/the-most-effective-way-to-reduce-brucellosis-spread-is-to/article_1b362ae6-75ff-537b-b6b8-35bf67b17384.html#tncms-source=infinity-scroll-summary-siderail-latest

This story is also particularly alarming. If ranchers get behind this, which is likely, they have ALOT of power and WILL get the elk herd down.

12-Jun-17
elk got the brucellosis from the cows not the other way around.

12-Jun-17
More like from the bison kentuck.

12-Jun-17
Yeah, I know Kentuck. Try telling that to the ranchers.

13-Jun-17
WoodsWalker: the bison got brucellosis from the cattle also.

13-Jun-17
When I worked for the Forest Service, I found the Sierra Club, Washington Wilderness Coalition and several more to be reasonable to deal with. They had their agenda and worked to achieve their objectives, but their representatives are intelligent and reasonable. They disagreed with me many times, but were respectful. There are some nuts out there with outrageous demands. They hate you and everything you stand for. My advise would be to learn to deal with the Sierra Club and be respectful. They are not the enemy.

13-Jun-17
I think at one point the Sierra Club had reasonable if not worthy goals. But that was when a good deal of their membership were sportsmen. Same as with a lot of governmnet agencies such as the USFS, etc.

The world does not stay the same. Those sportsmen get older and retire..... younger urban, even anti hunter types fill their place. The percentage of sportsmen in these different orgs have been significantly reduced..... down to where in many cases are a tiny minority.

These changes reflect on the objectives and ever changing goals. A good many orgs are not what they used to be.

13-Jun-17
Huh? Why are we fucking the Sierra Club? I agree with the statement below and I see nothing anti hunting about it. Some of you guys crack me up, blindly hating whatever individual or organization the NRA and fellow "sportsmen" tell you to hate.

“We have chronic wasting disease expanding in Wyoming at more than 3 million acres a year,” said Lloyd Dorsey, Sierra Club’s Wyoming conservation director. “The fact is that elk feed grounds promulgate diseases and the CWD endemic area is only about 20 miles east of the Alkali Creek Feedground.”

13-Jun-17
The Sierra Club is against the hunting and trapping of Wolfs. That stand alone puts them on my $HIT list.

13-Jun-17
Huge problem. Ultimately, we're feeding the elk to keep them off of private land that was once elk wintering grounds, but now cattle wintering grounds. And we've been doing it for a very long time. I believe there has to be a balance somewhere. We should probably only be doing it during heavy snow winters and late winter/early spring only. And we should only be giving them enough to prevent mass starvation. Hunters need to realize that Bruceloosis and CWD is a real problem that needs to be addressed and the Earth Worshipers need to realize that you can't just change culture overnight. These folks have been there for over a hundred years and they're not going anywhere.

14-Jun-17
Guess you better be hatin' on Montana too. They asked Wyoming to stop feeding elk because of disease concerns. https://www.usnews.com/news/wyoming/articles/2017-02-24/montana-senate-tells-wyoming-to-stop-feeding-elk

14-Jun-17
Montana asked...... or the cattlemen asked????

WRT MT elk not much happens without the cattlemen's approval or..... insistence....

With the added depth of concern.... it's not MT elk that would starve to death.....

I like WY. They are going to do what they think is best.... for them..... as with the wolves and many other things. Everybody else can go pound sand......

14-Jun-17
razor, much of what you just said applies to our very own USFS. They've strayed quite a bit from their origins, also.

I think it boils down to using your best judgement...hardly a candidate, representative, or organization out there these days that can please you on all fronts...ya gotta look at them and weigh the good vs. the bad and rate them overall rather than on one issue or stance. The Sierra Club is no different than the USFS, the NRA, the RMEF, or any other group. Some of what they do is agreeable, the rest is not. Better to beat your brains against a rock than expecting any organization to be perfect.

26-Jun-17
The Sierra Club lost their way, a long time ago, do not be naïve, they are the enemy,,,,, they are run by the radical left,,,,,, they have members who support earth first,,,,,, they have no interest in the teachings of Muir, all they want, is the land locked up, and a stay out, sign posted

I agree with that point.

Also Audubon Society-they slashed tires at meeting not to far from here when a fellow bowhunter was trying to talk them into the benefits of hunting and wildlife management along the St. Croix River their "protected space."

26-Jun-17
The Sierra Club no where resembles the NRA or the USFS. While USFS has strayed from it's course dramatically and, has been infiltrated by some greenies, their agenda basically remains the same. Politics and bureaucracy cloud that sometimes though.

The Sierra Club is blatantly outspoken against anything hunting. To the point that their has been an uprising within it's ranks due to certain members not openly objecting to it in some circumstances. They openly agreed to fund ranching losses during the wolf restoration.

It doesn't take the NRA or, any group to convince one brain cell of this reality. It simply takes about 15 minutes to research it for yourself.

26-Jun-17
When I was a student at the University of Wyoming in the 70's most all of my range management professors who did research in the Jackson Hole area were saying then about the damage the elk feeding was doing to the aspen stands and other plant communities.

It was also about that time that the first case of CWD was discovered in of all places the Wyoming Sybille G&F Research facility on State Hwy 34 between Bosler and Wheatland in their captive deer.

27-Jun-17
Sierra club's agenda may be a bit different on a state to state basis. I can only speak for NJ but, they are as anti as it gets. Their director drives a nail in the coffin every chance he gets and loves to grandstand for the tree huggers and teddy bear squeezers.

• Sitka Gear