Forest bows 13-Jun-17
Mathewsshootr2 13-Jun-17
kellyharris 13-Jun-17
Forest bows 13-Jun-17
jstephens61 14-Jun-17
Forest bows 14-Jun-17
jstephens61 14-Jun-17
12-Jun-17
bought a new case to go to Africa. Double new Si . water proof. It is very flimsy...... 2 bows fit tight but lid is thin and foam is thin im worried about top bow. Have to take spot hog 5 pins off to get both bows in. Hinges seen cheap.... any one have this case

12-Jun-17
Forest, I'm not sure which case you have but Millie and I each have one and have used it on flights to-from Canada for about 10 years. They've been dropped, dragged and probably tossed a time or two and still are keeping our bows secure despite the thinness of the outer shell.

I have not, however, tried packing 2 bows in the same case as in your situation. We use the extra space for clothes, arrows and stuff.

12-Jun-17
Would have to see a picture or model number to be sure, but I have two of the SKB double bow cases, bought them from Optics Planet for $160 each. Mine are sturdy enough on the exterior, foam is pretty rigid, and two normal bows fit just fine. I say 'normal' because I have the Bowtech RPM 360 and it has these really wide axles, so it's thicker than a normal bow. And for our recent trip to Alaska, I did have to remove both sights from our bows. Once I did that, they fit in there nice and snug. I took Buffalo1's advice and replaced the standard latches with the TSA lockable latches, and bought a couple for spares just in case. We had three flights up and three flight back, the bow case and bows survived without any issues.

12-Jun-17

Forest bows's embedded Photo
Forest bows's embedded Photo
I can flex the lid with my hand when closed. I thought it would be more ridged I guess.

12-Jun-17
https://www.amazon.com/SKB-Ultimate-Watertight-Double-Rifle/dp/B007XDAAWK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1497325664&sr=8-1&keywords=double+bow+case

13-Jun-17
Yep, looks the same as mine from what I can tell. Mine are currently in storage in the garage.

13-Jun-17
Forest I have the same one it's been replaced twice hinge locks and just fell apart .I'm got it for sale now the new one just replaced

13-Jun-17
I think I could rip the lid right off.......

13-Jun-17
Yeah, but isn't this the same Forest who recently posted a photo of the guy he stared down at 10 yards before shooting him?! LOL Maybe Forest is meaner and stronger than a mere mortal...

(for those of you who missed it, when Forest recently posted on a bear kill thread apparently when viewed from mobile Bowsite it's a trophy pic of a bear, but on a computer we see a bowhunter standing admiring the view...presumably the one Forest shot after the stare down.)

13-Jun-17
every one says im a meanie!

13-Jun-17
I got a 3i-4217 DB before I went to Africa. It held up great.

13-Jun-17
Did you take 2 bows jim?

13-Jun-17
On a side note my case have been all over the world kept safe

13-Jun-17
I bought one when I went to POW to hunt at Blacktail Bobs cabin rental

Heck it was lost for 4 or 5 days I use it on the back of my 4 wheeler every season. Had a bear get into it on our lease. It still rock solid and a freaking built like a Swiss vault

13-Jun-17
Kelly I bet it was a old one. This is a new model.

14-Jun-17
Forest, I did pack 2 Elite Answers and filled the remaining space with other gear.

14-Jun-17
I got the other 2 bow model coming. The guys at SKB said it's more ridged.

14-Jun-17

jstephens61's embedded Photo
jstephens61's embedded Photo
Mines got a little different tag than yours. Please ignore the dust.

• Sitka Gear