Cheesehead Mike 13-Jun-17
tobywon 13-Jun-17
SixLomaz 21-Jun-17
dmann 21-Jun-17
drycreek 21-Jun-17
t-roy 21-Jun-17
safari 21-Jun-17
13-Jun-17
For you fixed blade head WASP archers out there, which fixed head do you prefer? Trying to choose between the 3 blade Boss, Hammer or Drone? I know that they have a couple of others so input on those would be appreciated as well. Not interested in knowing about any other brands or mechanicals, just WASP fixed blade heads. I know they will do their job as long as I do my job. I just want some input on which one others prefer. I'm more interested in what others have seen with flight since some are toted as compact design and reduced drag. I am leaning towards the 3 blade boss, but just would like to hear what others have to say. Thanks

13-Jun-17
I've used both the SST Boss and the Drone in 100 gr. Both fly great and will do the job. No matter which you choose, you can't go wrong with Wasp. Best Quality broadheads on the market and made in U.S. A.!!!

13-Jun-17
I've shot a lot of deer with the 100 grain Hammer SST's and 100 grain Boss SST's and most of my elk with 100 grain Boss SST. If you check my trophy photos you'll see the stats. I don't have any experience with the Drone. The Boss and Hammers are very high quality and have performed extremely well for me over the years.

Last year I switched to a much faster Mathews Halon and I had some issues with getting the larger Hammer SST's to fly well. It could have been a tuning issue with the bow that I was working through though...

In my opinion you can't go wrong with the Boss SST.

Ohio, I think the non-vented Boss was called the Boss Bullet.

13-Jun-17
Thanks for the input so far guys. They do make the Bullet but it is vented and has a 1-inch cutting diameter. Seems similar to the Drone with 1/8" less cutting diameter. I've use Wasp heads back in the 80's for a period of time and have wanted to go back to them, especially with the latest designs that they have now. Ohiohunter, I do agree that is one awesome tip design.

21-Jun-17
Wasp Boss 100gr and 125gr. They fly true and hit hard for me. The tip is unforgiving. They never failed me when I did my part.

21-Jun-17
Shot the 100 grain drones last season, killed a big spike with one passed through both front leg bones at twenty yards, blades were a little chewed up but definitely did the job quick. They were the best shooting fixed heads for me out of exodus, st mag, and vpa 3 blade. Probably could've tuned for the others a little better, but i am very happy with the drones.

21-Jun-17
I've used the Hammer for several years now on pronghorn, deer, and hogs. It does just fine.

21-Jun-17

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
I've killed a pile of stuff, including deer, moose, elk, and some African plains game with the Wasp Boss 100 gr. heads. Never had any failures with them. Bent ferrules, mangled blades, but can't think of a single animal I've lost using those heads, other than possibly one doe that I gut shot and couldn't find, but that wasn't the head's fault. Very tuff head.

21-Jun-17
The owner of W.A.S.P. kept his boat in the same marina as me. He gave me more 100 gr. sst Camlocks than I will ever shoot in a lifetime. I have never had a failure. Great head, fly true.

• Sitka Gear