osage 13-Jun-17
Scar Finga 13-Jun-17
bowbender77 13-Jun-17
StickFlicker 14-Jun-17
Coyote 65 14-Jun-17
Julius K 14-Jun-17
Scar Finga 14-Jun-17
13-Jun-17
Is anyone building points for javelina in AZ? Are they hard tags to acquire? I am considering buying a point....

13-Jun-17
Pretty easy to draw most units. I have never not been drawn.

Scar.

13-Jun-17
I should ask what unit you are considering?

13-Jun-17
None in particular, just like the idea of chasing them when I deer hunt there in the future. Thanks

13-Jun-17
While most units are virtually guaranteed, those areas near a major city may not be. I did not draw a tag this year, despite having two bonus points. I didn't think that was possible, but it was...

13-Jun-17
That's crazy Stick, I don't think I have ever even had a bonus point for Javies!

13-Jun-17
You guys residents ?

13-Jun-17
I have been for about 17 years now, but with our draw system, it doesn't seem to matter. I have hunted with the same guy for 20 years and he is a non resident... he has never not been drawn, first choice for Javies.

13-Jun-17
I have not been drawn for my first choice a couple of times. Most years of late there have been leftover tags in some of the units.

14-Jun-17
Scar,

If you apply every year, you are going to have the Loyalty Point. And if you've taken the Hunter's Safety Class, you are going to have that point. So, as a resident, most of us go into every drawing for every species with at least two points.

14-Jun-17
Don't forget the HAM hunts, handgun, archery, muzzleloader. if you don't mind hunting in and around Buenos Aires National Wildlife Refuge you should be able to hunt every year. They always have left over tags for the HAM hunts.

Terry

14-Jun-17
Thanks for the replies. I am just starting to build AZ points, and wasn't sure to make of the javelina deal.

14-Jun-17
Stick, Very true... I didn't even consider that!

• Sitka Gear