>>>---WW----> 14-Jun-17
nmwapiti 14-Jun-17
nmwapiti 14-Jun-17
ElkNut1 14-Jun-17
LUNG$HOT 14-Jun-17
Mt. man 14-Jun-17
kadbow 14-Jun-17
14-Jun-17
Saw my first big elk this evening. Have seen spikes and raghorns but this was going to be a 5x5 or bigger. But he was with 3 cows. Is he trying to get a jump on things and win the ladies affection, or maybe identifies as a cow.

First time I have seen a bigger bull with cows this early. Anyone have any ideas.

Terry

14-Jun-17
I heard today that a person can be "gender-fluid". So maybe?

14-Jun-17
Just a baby that hasn't let go of mama's skirt tail yet. Still squats like a pup and to afraid to run with the big dogs yet!

14-Jun-17
Saw 4 bulls last weekend that were already splitting at g4. One had 15 inch brows curving up very nicely. Some big boys this fall. Probaby saw 10 other bulls with branches. Lot of green browse this year.

14-Jun-17
Some of the Bulls were in Batchelor groups, some with cows. I dunno.

14-Jun-17
Yes the bulls this time of year are with each other but not uncommon to see a bull or two with cows at this time & later. Maybe it was the cows being with him! (grin) It's just elk being elk.

ElkNut1

14-Jun-17
So, if A man can legally "identify" as a woman then surely I can "identify" as a 62-year-old man and pull social security? And if they say no is it discrimination? Ha!

OP- yes, you are right it is fairly uncommon to see bigger bulls hanging out with cows this time of year but not unheard of. The dynamic of an elk herd can change from area to area as well.

14-Jun-17

Mt. man's embedded Photo
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Taken with cell phone thru my bino's on May 10th and 13th while bear hunting. Great eye guards and 3's already on both.

14-Jun-17
I saw a big wide one yesterday, was surprised at how big he was already.

• Sitka Gear