Trial153 19-Jun-17
Bowboy 19-Jun-17
Tracker 19-Jun-17
SWOHTR 21-Jun-17
Florida Mike 22-Jun-17
ChrisH. 22-Jun-17
SWOHTR 22-Jun-17
18-Jun-17
I purchased a "custom" Black Gold Ascent last fall. I am finally getting around to putting it on my bow. To those that have one, how difficult is the wheel to turn? I have the lock down loosened entirely up and it takes a fair amount of torque to get the housing to move. It is not something I can do with the wheel between the end of my index finger and thumb. I have to have it seated further into my hand (like along the lowest part of my index finger, thumb and edge of palm.

This is my first adjustable sight, but I was thinking it would require less effort to roll the wheel.

Is this normal or does it need to be revisited by the guys that put it together for me?

18-Jun-17
Mine have all been a little stiff, but certainly not to the extent you describe. Did you loosen the lockdown lever before turning the wheel?

18-Jun-17
Thank you. Yes, the lockdown screw is loosened all the way out....

18-Jun-17
Give BG a call and explain the situation. They will make it right...their customer service is great.

18-Jun-17
I have always had to "grip" my wheel to adjust it, certainly not a two finger thing. But in all honesty I don't want it easy to move. It stays set for a certain range (normally 30 yards) and I only move it when I really want to, regardless how I drag my bow up the mountain or not. I'm good out to 40 without touching anything. I DO NOT want it to move if I bump it, drag it, snag it or otherwise abuse my bow and have the sights move.

Adjustable sliders IMO are not about figuring out and sliding for each and every range you are going to shoot any more than fixed pins are. Mainly one pin at a set yardage covers a good deal of short ranges without touching anything. But at longer ranges they are really nice to dial in exactly what you want.

18-Jun-17
Mine turns just like the original poster describes his. Its been working fine for 14 months. You wouldn't want it to be too light or it would move on its own. Good luck with it.

19-Jun-17
I have three, all mine are tight as well. I happy with it as don't want them moving inadvertently. I also when I am at the point of being able to mak ethenshot leave the lock open so I have one less thing to think about. The tight adjustment knob allows for that.

19-Jun-17
I have three on my bows and they slide pretty easy. Like stated call customer service and they'll take care of you.

19-Jun-17
MBG has unmatched service. There are two tension screws on the front but I would not turn them until I called MBG.

21-Jun-17
Strengthen your fingers? I have one and have no problems.

22-Jun-17
I have 2 both are stiff. You can loosen the tiny slide screws and that will help some, just don't loosen them too much and don't expect it to turn really easy. Only thing I ever thought could improve the Ascent site is a larger wheel. Mike

22-Jun-17
That sounds about normal. I can't turn mine without gripping like you described. I remember reading something from MBG about how they machine those parts and the wheel comes with some resistance but will loosen up as you use it.

22-Jun-17
Agreed with the loosening as you use it. I've had mine for a few months now and it is noticeably looser, but not too loose. Just keep using it and it'll be fine.

• Sitka Gear