Ranch Fairy 29-Jun-17
Charlie Rehor 29-Jun-17
18-Jun-17

Troy 's embedded Photo
Bishop 100 and 125 High End Stainless
Troy 's embedded Photo
Bishop 100 and 125 High End Stainless
Troy 's embedded Photo
150 Grain Holy Trinity - 41L40 Steel hones to an amazingly hard edge!
Troy 's embedded Photo
150 Grain Holy Trinity - 41L40 Steel hones to an amazingly hard edge!
Troy 's embedded Photo
Gosh I love heavy Broadheads made of great steel! If you're curious about FOC, here's a great starting point.
Troy 's embedded Photo
Gosh I love heavy Broadheads made of great steel! If you're curious about FOC, here's a great starting point.
Howdy, Did a RevewHunt using the 125 grain Bishop Pipeline broad head earlier this month. Talked to Bishop team and poof, goodie box.

Here's an overview of 5 top broad heads in the Bishop line. I am hunting with them July 4 week. Stay tuned and keep your eyes peeled for a full video ReveiwHunt. The ultimate product test, is on critters and pigs deserve it.

- Ranch Fairy Out Here's the review of 100 and 125 grain 3 blade Holy Trinity

18-Jun-17

Troy 's embedded Photo
And I am completely interested in things that just aren't done much. 600 grain single bevel BEAST!
Troy 's embedded Photo
And I am completely interested in things that just aren't done much. 600 grain single bevel BEAST!

18-Jun-17

Troy 's embedded Photo
Troy 's embedded Photo

18-Jun-17

Troy 's embedded Photo
Troy 's embedded Photo
My apologies for 3 pictures of the same thing. New to posting here. Will improve that.

19-Jun-17
Can't wait for the reviews.

19-Jun-17
I guess ranch fairy changed his handle?

19-Jun-17
And SpongeBob in the background somehow increases the legitimacy of these broadheads and the posts in general?! Isn't a caliper supposed to be used by measuring at the narrow tips of the tool, versus deep in the jaws?

19-Jun-17
Thx for caliper clarification Ohio.

19-Jun-17
oh God no....please nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

19-Jun-17
At 3 for $150, they better be good.

TMBB

19-Jun-17
another add for Bishop?

19-Jun-17
"Isn't a caliper supposed to be used by measuring at the narrow tips of the tool, versus deep in the jaws? "

Depends on how critical the measurement needs to be; +- .005 they'll work ok. Most that cut metal for a living would be using a mic.

19-Jun-17
Sorry but there are a lot of heads out there that are as good or better for a whole lot less. I can buy 2 out of state deer tags in Ohio and Indiana for the cost of 6 of these heads. Sorry nothing but a lousy advertisement! Scooby

19-Jun-17
Can someone please explain their "proprietary" S-7 and 41L40 tool steel? It's either S-7 or it's not. Same with the 41L40. Like I said before, you can ask for a melt that may have a higher percentage (within the range) of an alloying element, but it's still S-7 or 41L40. So what's this proprietary S-7 tool steel. Maybe Bishop can clue me in.

19-Jun-17
The best buy is the 500 grain jobbers on sales for 359.99. They were 469.99 for three so act now and save 110.00 on three. This is the only place in the world you can save so much money on three broadheads. Act fast they are flying off the shelves.

19-Jun-17
Does anyone know what their sales are? I mean when the mark up is well over 1000% they must be making a fortune!! (NOT) Scooby

19-Jun-17
Nice one boubound. Again ...

21-Jun-17
Might be a good head but cheesy marketing tends to take away from the seriousness of the venture.

21-Jun-17
Bowbender, I think it is the Bridgeport part of the steel.

Terry

21-Jun-17
No reason to attack someone just because they produce a very expensive broadhead. If you don't like the broadhead or think it is too expensive...don't buy them! There are plenty of other options for you.

21-Jun-17
Bowbender, I have just enough knowledge of metallurgy to be dangerous but I think that the S7 and 41L40 define ranges for elements. However the way that the metal is formed, machined and treated can have a significant impact on the final product's hardness, toughness, strength and brittleness. First they have to start out with a good metallurgy and then they have to optimize it for the application. With that said I know nothing about their products and I am not endorsing them.

21-Jun-17
So many very good, time proven heads available, for a fraction of the price. Why would anyone bother with these, or any of the other $50 or more a piece broadheads? Does anyone really think they are that superior? I don't have to buy them and I won't. My animals will be just as dead as the guy shooting the $50+ broadhead, but I will be spending $15 per head. My broadhead will easily sharpen and kill again, and if I loose it there will be no heartache.

21-Jun-17
Peco I'm with you brother but at the same time a lot of elk have been killed in cotton yet some are willing to pay big bucks for specialty clothing. I wouldn't but these broadheads but I can't blame someone for trying to market them. Maybe if your hunting the elusive and highly sought after teradactyl or triceratops that the Trump boys have killed you'd need a broadhead like these. ;)

21-Jun-17
Twanger,

I have worked with tool steels for thirty years. Used S-7 (Bearcat) since the late 80's. I currently have tooling in my machine shop made from S-7. Fully aware of how machining, heat treating, tempering, all affect hardness. Their ads state it is a proprietary S-7 or 41L40 tool steel. Either one of those is going to have a range of hardness. Period. You can try to get a billet that may have certain alloying elements on a high or low end of it's given range, but your hardness and ductility is not going to vary that much. I'm just really curious as I have seen this in numerous ads and their threads, but no answers albeit some very ambiguous ones.

21-Jun-17
Is proprietary tool steel better than age hardened titanium?

22-Jun-17
Bowhunter,

I certainly agree with you. It is often easier to screw it up than make it better and there is only so much that can been done with a given metallurgy. Also a proprietary process may not make it better. It sounds like you know more about this than I do.

22-Jun-17
Sometimes I wonder if Bishop had originally come onto the site in a different manner, how things would have been received. Just goes to show what first impressions do. You look at the way VPA handled themselves, and look at the way they are accepted here. Then again, they also have a great product at a good pricepoint...I digress...

22-Jun-17
I have thought about making myself a set out of regular steel, I have a milling machine, I have the steel. Figure I could cut one out in about 4 hours. At 2.50 an hour (that is what the wife pays me) I could make them for $10.00 a head. NOT FOR SALE Would be nice to take an animal with a head you made.

Terry

22-Jun-17
Looks a lot like a VPA! 3X the price.

28-Jun-17
Ranch Fairy Here. Apologies for not staying on top of this thread. Let me answer a few of the questions. 1. I am a regular guy, regular job, and ranch manager in South Texas. I started reviewing products because I just get to test a ton of stuff and hunt 12 months a year. No financial incentive from Bishop, they did send me the broadheads to test. 2. Sponge bob is my adder. I thought it might be fun to have something, well, fun in the background. That's on me. 3. Sean at Bishop CNC machines every broad head from tool steel, here in the US. From what I understand, not many of the premium broadheads are made here. It's expensive, but Sean wants to do the best job, in the best country on Earth - that would be the USA - BTW. All square. 4. Video - "500 grain 600 grain broadheads They Fly". I posted it a few days ago here. Bare shaft tuning, then shooting the biggest ones. Because they are huge and it is fun. 5. Caliper will be corrected.

Take a look at the Ranch Fairy Channel on You Tube. I killed a pretty solid pig with Bishop's 125 grain single bevel plus a bunch of other reviews. 27 pigs since January 1. They make EXCELLENT test material. Shooting the big 3 blade at one next week - hopefully. Stay tuned

-Ranch Fairy Out.

28-Jun-17
So which other products can we expect to see reviews on in the near future? I'd especially be interested in one of your thorough reviews on some other brands of broadheads. Thanks for taking the time!

28-Jun-17
Boubound...... be careful....there are a lot of things out there that just don't make sense and that people could make an issue out of. Its capitalism, and success or failure is up to them.

29-Jun-17
M.Paul, Great Question.

I have reviewed the Magnus Black Hornet, the Stinger Buzzcut, both with pigs or on camera kills to prove concept, and the Vintage Archery 190 grain Meat Head from Vintage Archery where I actually cut the shoulder blade smooth off a pig that weighed about 110, quartering in shot, to test the single bevel torque and bone breaking ability of the Ashby style heads. It worked like a champ. Full autopsy, photos, etc.

They are all on my channel, http://youtube.com/c/RanchFairy. I don't want to get too crazy throwing a bunch of redirect links on this particular topic.

What particular broadheads would you like to see reviewed and what in particular would you like to see in the review? I'm game.

29-Jun-17
"I don't want to get too crazy throwing a bunch of redirect links on this particular topic".

Very kind of you!

• Sitka Gear