keepemsharp 19-Jun-17
osage 19-Jun-17
Cheesehead Mike 21-Jun-17
Fuzzy 22-Jun-17
Zebrakiller 22-Jun-17
Bake 22-Jun-17
Jasper 26-Jun-17
19-Jun-17
Anyone have any issue flying to Africa with there drone?

19-Jun-17
One of my co-workers just went to Ethiopia as part of Engineers Without Borders to do some volunteer surveying and engineering work. They brought a drone and some outdated GPS surveying equipment. The drone was basically seized at the airport because they are absolutely, no exceptions banned in the country and they were told that they had to pay $9000 duty on the GPS equipment to bring it in. They left the drone and the equipment at the airport, did the volunteer work without it and picked it up on the way back.

I would definitely check into it...

19-Jun-17
Been to Africa twice. I really cannot understand why anyone would have a need for a drone. Of course a laptop, DVD player, Fitbit, hair dryer etc are absolutely required.

19-Jun-17
I don't even need a DVD player, Fitbit and if you've seen me definitely no hairdryer even at home :)

19-Jun-17
Yes pat it adds a ton of great footage to video and easy to edit

19-Jun-17
A drone could blow some minds in Africa, if it made it to the bush.

19-Jun-17
Drones should all crash, you send one over my place and it goes down.

19-Jun-17
I took a picture of one of the trackers with a cell phone, then showed it to him. He was astounded and kept saying " How you get me in dere ". I'm sure a drone would put those guys in never recover mode. They don't believe the moon landings happened either.

21-Jun-17
Get a drone to drop an empty Coke bottle and hit one of them in the head and all kinds of crazy things could happen ;^)

A reference to the movie "The Gods Must Be Crazy" in case some of you didn't get it...

22-Jun-17
Cheesehead Mike...I get it... "so THAT'S how the car got in the tree" lol

22-Jun-17
got it all cleared, good to go, , thats funny cheesehead

22-Jun-17
I've seen drone footage taken in Zim and Mozambique by safari operators, and the owner of AccurateReloading has drone footage from Tanzania I believe. So I think it probably just depends on the country

26-Jun-17
No drone, but I did carry a trail camera with me. My PH thought it was cool and said no one had ever done that. We moved it around from water holes to gut piles and got some really cool pics

• Sitka Gear