Buck Watcher 21-Jun-17
greg simon 21-Jun-17
APauls 21-Jun-17
butcherboy 21-Jun-17
PECO 21-Jun-17
HDE 21-Jun-17
Scooby-doo 21-Jun-17
21-Jun-17
My son has been shooting 2315 aluminums with a whisker biscuit rest. He is switching to carbon arrows, Cabelas stalker extremes. Does he need a different biscuit? Pardon my ignorance, I shoot recurves and longbows and know very little about these things.

21-Jun-17
Yes, he needs a biscuit for carbon arrows.

21-Jun-17
I don't use a biscuit; however, to clarify they come with different size holes so you'd want to have one correctly sized for the diameter of his new arrows as they likely will be smaller diameter than the 2315 aluminum.

21-Jun-17
They sell the insert for those arrows, so you don't have to buy the whole rest. Just the smaller "biscuit" part !

Best of luck, Jeff

21-Jun-17
There is no such thing as a biscuit for carbon arrows. There are stupid butchers. As long as the whole in the biscuit is larger than the arrows shaft (a little gap on top) it will work perfect.

21-Jun-17
I think you need new whiskers not a new biscuit.

21-Jun-17
An oversized hole isn't actually a problem. my first biscuit I bought with the "aluminum" sized hole even though I was shooting carbons. Less arrow contact/noise on the draw.

21-Jun-17
Buck watcher,

I hope your comment about stupid butchers was not directed to myself. If so, please feel free to pm me and I will give you my phone number so we can have a nice discussion about how stupid I am.

21-Jun-17
I also don't understand the "stupid butcher" comment.

21-Jun-17
There are three sizes of biscuits to accomodate the range of all arrow sizes for a reason.

Yes, for stepping down arrow diameter it would be good to use the size FOR carbon arrows, so yeah, there is such thing as a biscuit for carbon arrows. Just so happens it works for small diameter aluminium arrows as well.

21-Jun-17
Yup, a medium would be the way to go, although as has been said the larger biscuit will still work fine just have to tune it to the new arrow. Scooby

• Sitka Gear