Contributors to this thread:
Iowabowhunter 21-Jun-17
Flynarrow 21-Jun-17
joehunter 21-Jun-17
Iowabowhunter 22-Jun-17
Brotsky 22-Jun-17
GhostBird 22-Jun-17
21-Jun-17
My wife has a new to her Hoyt Powermax Vicxen. 24.5" draw I believe she is going to start at 42#, will work on getting her to 50# by the time hunting season rolls around.

I would like for her to be around 10grains per pound of draw weight (similar to what I do with my trad bows) to help with penetration.

Most likely going to put some of my Zwickey Delta's on adapters for her. That being said, I'm not sure which arrow to use (spine specifically) and Archers Advantage Online is showing something that I don't believe.

Any help from the lady archers of Bowsite, or any fella's have some insight on what your wive's/daughters use?

Thanks!

21-Jun-17
My wife shoots a Hoyt Carbon Element set at 40#, she uses Carbon Express Blue Streak 150 arrows, .500 spine. Total arrow weight is 320 grns. She shoots accurately out to 60 yrds. on targets and has killed deer with this set up. Her draw length is 25 inches.

21-Jun-17
Pick your favorite .500 spine arrow. The heavier grains per inch the better. Put a brass insert in it and a lighted nock. Pick your favorite head and tune it up. She will kill stuff.

Do not over think it. My kids (over 10 years ago) killed several MI whitetails just fine with youth bows under 25 inch draw length and under 50 pounds draw weight with Thunderhead 85's or Rocket Steelhead 100 broad heads. Pass through shots on most of them and if not still plenty of penetration.

22-Jun-17
I got her some GT Hunter 500 spine. Not sure if the brass inserts from GT will fit or not, I'll give them a try.

22-Jun-17
The ladies in my house both shoot 40-45 pounds at 24" draw length. They both shoot 26" Easton FMJ's .500 spine with 100gr heads. Daughter goes with VPA's and wife shoots slick tricks, they're choice on heads. I don't care which:) 380 gr total arrow weight. They shoot through deer, bear, and turkeys from our experience.

22-Jun-17

GhostBird's embedded Photo
GhostBird's embedded Photo
My daughter shoots a Powermax as well. Around 42 pounds at 28" draw. She is shooting .500 spine with 100 grain heads.

• Sitka Gear