Equipment
Contributors to this thread:
lewis 22-Jun-17
Brotsky 22-Jun-17
Charlie Rehor 22-Jun-17
lewis 22-Jun-17
X-Master 22-Jun-17
22-Jun-17
Getting a new single pin sight and noticed the new model has a dial of death feature have any of you shooters tried this one and if its a good idea.Lewis

22-Jun-17
The sight is great Lewis, really like mine. I'm not a fan of the lingo "dial of death", I just call it a slider:)

BTW, the 3 pin version gets my vote over the single pin but that is personal preference.

22-Jun-17
I have the 3 pin version also set at 20,30 and 40 yards. Covers almost all of my shots but when I need to reach out to 100 yards it's easy to turn the dial. Maybe someday I'll actually take a 100 yard shot but not likely! Ha, Ha!

22-Jun-17
Thanks and you ever see me try a 100 yd shot there would have to be some brown whiskey involved lol Lewis

22-Jun-17
I agree with all the above but you can also purchase a single pin aperture that you can interchange. I have both and use the single pin for marked/known yardage at some 3D shoots and indoors.Then I have the three pin model for hunting and all other unmarked yardage. Great set up. Make sure you set both the 40 yd pin and.or single pin exactly in the center of your aperture and sight in the 40 yd pin first without moving the sight from home base by using the side scaled bar. It will always be your slider.

• Sitka Gear