JimG 23-Jun-17
Franzen 23-Jun-17
X-Master 23-Jun-17
JL 23-Jun-17
Scooby-doo 23-Jun-17
Sidekick 26-Jun-17
X-Master 27-Jun-17
22-Jun-17
I have some Hawk hang on's that I hang and hunt from....Dick's Sporting Goods used to have an $80 ladder stand that was awesome, plastic between all of the metal connections, nice and sturdy and QUIET!

They have stopped selling them, looking for a couple to hang. Cannot have that stupid bar that comes over the top and sits right in your shooting lane.

Thoughts?

22-Jun-17
I buy cheap ones from Menards and they do okay. Buy nylon washers to install on all the connection points to quiet them up.

22-Jun-17
I have some Hawk hang on's that I hang and hunt from....Dick's Sporting Goods used to have an $80 ladder stand that was awesome, plastic between all of the metal connections, nice and sturdy and QUIET!

They have stopped selling them, looking for a couple to hang. Cannot have that stupid bar that comes over the top and sits right in your shooting lane.

Thoughts?

22-Jun-17
I'll have to stop in and look, they don't have anything available online. Thanks

23-Jun-17
X/ stands are more expensive but they are the best of the best in ladder stands. I have the Onyx at 16ft and the Duke at 20ft. Big muddy makes a great stand also but again more money.

23-Jun-17
Do any of your farm supply stores sell them? I've had no issues with the few cheap ones I've bought from Rural King here. Nylon washers if you want them. Replace the bolts as needed. They aren't a large stand though if you are looking for something with a good-sized platform.

23-Jun-17
Check out Sportsman's Guide. They have a couple new ones that are pretty close to the Dick's / Field & Stream Comfort Zone stands for archers for about the same money that look decent. I suppose that is where I'll be looking if Dick's no longer carries that one. Big mistake on their part. I agree it was one of the best out there for the money but the $80 one from Sportsman's guide looks just as good and maybe more comfortable?.

23-Jun-17
Craigslist! I've gotten a couple of real nice ladder stands that were used for one season and the seller wanted something different. I get them and put a nice stencil camo pattern on them. Sold one for more than I paid for it.

23-Jun-17
Dicks has one right now for $59 that is normally $119. they are actually pretty nice for the 60 bucks. 15 ft and no lap bar. Scooby

26-Jun-17
Ordered an 18 foot ladder stand (Archers Deluxe I think) from Sportsman's Guide last night, $89. Time to scout more of the farm where I hunt, hang a camera & pick a tree before the annual Canadian muskie hunt in August.

27-Jun-17
Sidekick, That was/is the one I'm thinking of if the Dick's /Field& Stream is not available for sure. Please let us know what you think when you receive it.? Thanks

• Sitka Gear