WV Mountaineer 24-Jun-17
Norseman 25-Jun-17
Spookinelk 25-Jun-17
WV Mountaineer 25-Jun-17
stealthycat 25-Jun-17
wilhille 25-Jun-17
24-Jun-17
https://windpouch.com/

So set up a windpouch - I just did it, not complicated to inflate - its a sleeping pad, inflated, above the ground so no worry about wet/water ..... sure, maybe a bit cold like a hammock would be, but throw a tarp over, done.

3 pounds

Interesting idea or blah ?

24-Jun-17
Looks like it's named appropriately. They show it on the beach and it looks like as soon as you get off it the wind will blow it out to sea.

It does say it only stays inflated for 6 to 8 hours. I assume that in marketing talk that means it slowly leaks down and is completely flat in 6 hours. So might need to get up and re-inflate every hour or so. Kinda short and seems shaped for laying on the beach. Doesn't look comfortable for a nights sleep. Definitely for warm weather use.

24-Jun-17
Interesting idea for a warm weather situation, but I would imagine it would get very cold if the temps drop . I just got back from the beach, and saw that these things are pretty popular for people laying In the sand for a few hours. It only took them a few seconds to set up, but they seemed to lose air rather quickly. I'm not sure I would want to be a few miles back only to find myself sleeping on the ground in the middle the night .

24-Jun-17
I have one, not a wind pouch brand but it is the same thing. Don't waste your money on it, or your time they are difficult to get inflated.

24-Jun-17
Does it come with a mini-bar ?

24-Jun-17
I would love to see a camp mate when they have to get up in the middle of the night and get out of the tent and wave it around to reinflate!

24-Jun-17
looks like a towable inflatable for summer boating. anyway you can slice it open and use it as a game bag if you had too.

24-Jun-17
I had a 2 man tent that was just big enough to put in a queen size inflatable bed. Filled up the whole tent. Really great to sleep on and on a solo elk hunt to NM had the monsoons come crashing down while I was out. Came back to 4 inches of water in my tent, but because the bed floated none of my gear was wet.

Terry

24-Jun-17
The inflatable vagina deflates after a few hours. Tried it already camping. And it is on the cool side even overnight in summer temps.

24-Jun-17
A hammock isn't cold unless you are ignorant of how to sleep warm in them. It doesn't take special operations. It just take an underquilt. After sleeping on inflatable pads and beds, plus in a hammocks both for over a decade, A hammock is as warm as any sleep system. An inflatable pad on the other hand takes precautions to remain warm enough for sleep. It takes about 15 -20 degrees off any bag. God Bless

25-Jun-17
I got the popcorn ready....:)

25-Jun-17
The wind pouch is kind of silly IMO... . sorta like a hammock (unless you are on Gilligan's Island(and Ginger is in the hammock))...."It Just take an underquilt" ...., WV, If you want to carry the equivalent of an extra sleeping bag and pad around in the mountains to keep warm because you're too delicate to sleep on the ground (I've done the math and the weight difference is too much for me)......more power to ya! ..... I'm Just trollin' ya a little WV, I'm fine with YOU being too soft for ground sleeping, I'm just not OK with ME being too soft to sleep on the ground........ Ai-EE-Yah! Hu-ah! Drive on!!!!

25-Jun-17
I don't get mad over dumb things. The chance of anyone trolling me is pretty slim. I actually sleep on the hardwood floor regularly during the summer because it's cool. But, the way I look at it is the extra 3/4 pound my hammock gear weighs versus my tipi and ground gear, makes me much tougher and harder. :^)

25-Jun-17
"The inflatable vagina deflates after a few hours. Tried it already camping. And it is on the cool side even overnight in summer temps."

that's what the women called it this weekend !

its not a bad invention .... but after two days of use, yeah it does deflate faster than it should ... :(

25-Jun-17
"Ai-EE-Yah"

Brave Rifles!

• Sitka Gear