bb 24-Jun-17
7 Points 25-Jun-17
metau 26-Jun-17
Zackman 26-Jun-17
TD 27-Jun-17
24-Jun-17
Going to scout 5 days next weekend. Would appreciate any advice

24-Jun-17
Yep, hunt every day of the season all day and scout at least 4 days before. Most guys quit after second weekend. Good luck! C

24-Jun-17
Find a good tank, get there early and don't leave, bring a sleeping bag.

25-Jun-17
Since you live in AZ, you have plenty time to scout. 9 is a huge unit, find a part you like and start studying maps. If you have the patience to sit water, it can pay off but, its hard to stay there when you hear bugling bulls walking by. So much more fun to try to head them off. If you see bulls in an area, don't expect to see them there come season. They are very nomadic when the rut starts and will travel miles. How many points did you have?

26-Jun-17
Learn the roads, and how to get to areas in the dark. Find the cows. Tons of options in that unit. 100 tags, but expect 500+ people in there come opening weekend. The elk are not hard to find. You can chase bugling bulls every day if you want, or sit water if you want. Land is fairly easy to cover, aside from some hills in the south, a canyon to the west and the plateau in the north east. I agree with sticking it out, and getting there early to scout just before. If you see a newer black F250 w/AZ pinstripes, say hi, I'll be there too.

26-Jun-17
Good year for that tag. Great rainfall, season dates are the latest they can be without a gun hunt in front of the archery season and the moon falls perfectly. Good luck! It's a fun place to hunt elk

27-Jun-17
"season dates are the latest they can be without a gun hunt in front of the archery season"

Great point as I had no idea how AZ season dates went, how much they varied year to year as many states are more fixed. Things were really going off the last couple days of the season last year..... sure would have been great to have another week.....

• Sitka Gear