MathewsMan 28-Jun-17
Nesser 28-Jun-17
Ro 29-Jun-17
MathewsMan 29-Jun-17
Tracker 29-Jun-17
Nesser 29-Jun-17
Nesser 29-Jun-17
27-Jun-17
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience on limestone ridge or possibly middle mountain for mule deer in unit 2 Colorado?

27-Jun-17
some nice bulls, and spending weeks in there not a lot of shooter type bucks-

27-Jun-17
Any area you would recommend? thank you

28-Jun-17
I don't really have any great suggestions- I spent most of the summer up there scouting when Dad and I had Elk tags, and then 28 days archery hunting Elk.

I saw a handful of respectable antelope and a few Mule Deer, but nothing I would have spent the effort to mount if I had a deer tag there.

The Northern portion of the unit I only saw antelope, historically there are elk and deer but I spent several days glassing and never saw any bulls or bucks up there.

I'd be hesitant to give any suggestions, there are bucks here and there, but not really in significant numbers, and that is big open country- hopefully you have like a 3rd season rifle tag in which case the bucks seem to come out of stealth mode for the rut and are fairly easy to find at that time of year.

28-Jun-17
I was on Douglas Mtn yesterday...saw about 50 deer all does, fawns and small bucks. Ro you have the muzzy tag I believe which to be honest is the toughest hunt up there. The rogue big bucks will have just rubbed and become tougher to find. Give me a ring and we can chat. 970-846-4136

29-Jun-17
Thanks Mathewsman, nope sounds like I have the most difficult tag (muzzy) lol. Sounds like I have my work cut out for me but looking forward to it. Any experience with vermillion creek?

29-Jun-17
Its weird that I saw very few deer or bucks at all scouting or elk hunting, but one year a couple years ago we had 3rd season cow Rifle tags and there seemed to be big bucks just walking along the roads. So they are there- it's just getting into a good one.

29-Jun-17
Hunt the west end of Douglas Mountain road as close to the Old Waker Ranch as you can get.

29-Jun-17

Nesser's embedded Photo
Nesser's embedded Photo
That's accurate advice.... Picked this up on Walker's

29-Jun-17
Just pm'd you Jimmy's number

• Sitka Gear