drycreek 10-Aug-17
Brotsky 11-Aug-17
Lark Bunting 11-Aug-17
drycreek 11-Aug-17
Scrub_buck 12-Aug-17
Marty 15-Feb-18
27-Jun-17
Gents,

If you like to read fiction and enjoy a great story, buy this book and read it! It's a Great Book! Very well done! Plus, you'll be helping a fellow Bowsiter! It's available on Amazon.com (sorry no link) :? I can't wait for his next book!

God Bless,

Scar

27-Jun-17
here's the Amazon link :

https://www.amazon.com/At-First-Light-Sandy-Harris/dp/1945181125/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1498581318&sr=8-1&keywords=at+first+light+sandy+harris

27-Jun-17
here are the reviews posted on Amazon, mine is at the top:

As a Traditional Archer and a stickbow hunter, I found the details of archery equipment accurate and well integrated into the story. The action was fast-paced and believable, even with a very far-fetched premise. The personal motives, dialog, perspectives and character development draw you in. You "feel" the emotions, fear, apprehension, anger, resentment, sadness, and even lust. It ranks with the best of contemporary adventure fiction.

Edit

Delete

Comment |

4.0 out of 5 stars A Different Kind of Murder Investigation ByRick Hollandon June 26, 2017

Format: Kindle Edition | Verified Purchase It's hard to believe At First Light is Sandy Harris' first novel!

This book peaks a reader's interest at the start and turns into a "page turner" quickly. I hope a sequel is in the works soon!

Comment | Was this review helpful to you?

Yes

No

Report abuse

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars ByJeramyon June 25, 2017

Format: Paperback | Verified Purchase Great read! You do not have to be hunter to appreciate this mystery. Recommended!

Yes

No

Report abuse

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars ByScar.on June 23, 2017

Format: Kindle Edition | Verified Purchase An excellent read, Sandy nailed the details, told a great story and kept me turning the pages!

Yes

No

Report abuse

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars ByAmazon Customeron June 2, 2017

Format: Paperback | Verified Purchase Great book!! Easy read!! Couldn't wait to get to the next chapter to see what happened.

Yes

No

Report abuse

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great book, very well written ByLAon May 30, 2017

Format: Kindle Edition | Verified Purchase This is a great book, very well written, interesting & creative. I'm not a big hunter, and sometimes I get pretty tired of hearing hunting stories from my husband, but this book grabbed me and held my attention the entire time. I would recommend this book to hunters & non-hunters.

Yes

No

Report abuse

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story ByHollieon May 29, 2017

Format: Kindle Edition | Verified Purchase Great read. Suspenseful and great capture of the emotion and feelings of the main characters. Great to read a story with attention to detail regarding traditional archery. Thank you Sandy!

Tavis Rogers

Yes

No

Report abuse

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read!! ByLisaon May 20, 2017

Format: Kindle Edition | Verified Purchase Talk about keeping you on the edge of your seat, Sandy does a fantastic job! It might be his first book, but he definitely has a way of writing that makes you feel like you are right there in the moment with his characters. Cannot wait until book #2!!

Yes

No

Report abuse

5.0 out of 5 stars Riveting Story about The Hunters and The Hunted!!! BySusan Stalnakeron May 20, 2017

Format: Paperback | Verified Purchase I have never hunted anything in my life nor will I start now, but this book had me in 3 pages. You feel like you are in the story with 17 year old John Bateman experiencing all of his emotions that he is going through. This book is about 4 hunters in the woods in South Alabama and only one comes out alive and no one is buying his story, especially the police. An engrossing read that keeps you turning page after page until the very end. This book is for anyone who loves a good mystery, but a word of warning, the woods will never look or feel the same after reading "At First Light". This is an easy read with large print and only 261 pages, Sandy Harris is now on my must read list, can't wait until the next book.

Yes

No

Report abuse

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars ByLaura Sylveston May 19, 2017

Format: Paperback | Verified Purchase Awesome read. Excellent work for his first novel. Can't wait for his next

28-Jun-17
Just started the digital edition and gripping first couple of chapters. Good so far.

28-Jun-17
i'm really enjoying it too

29-Jun-17
Just finished the book:) Great dialogue and details...very talented writer:)

30-Jun-17
picked one up for my trip to africa

30-Jun-17
I almost purchased this one --> https://www.amazon.com/At-First-Light-Exclusive-Romance/dp/0425283151/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1498839115&sr=8-2&keywords=At+First+Light

30-Jun-17
Gents,

If it doesn't say "At First Light" by Sandy Harris, and doesn't have a four legged deer on the cover, DON"T BUY IT:) Well you can, but it won't be the book we are discussing.

Scar.

30-Jun-17
Hemingway's "True at First Light" is pretty good too, but Scrub's is better. IMO

02-Jul-17
You guys are the greatest... thanks for the 'atta-boys'! Hawkeye: I worked very hard to make the dialogue feel right. I've read quite a few books where the character's conversations were less than inspiring. I'm glad you liked it! Sandy

03-Jul-17
"you should watch where you're pointing that thing" was the best line ever...lol

04-Jul-17
Just finish it last night, reminds me of a time of a friend that almost had to defend himself from a buck in rut one night coming out of the woods. He is 6'4'' 240# and was scared that he was going to get stomped, he went and bought a big knife after that encounter; he has night blindness and he was wondering what the doe-inheat spray had in it when I sprayed around his stand earlier and thought it was a dangerous substance to use. Enjoyed the book.

10-Aug-17
Is it available on iPad Scrub ?

11-Aug-17
Drycreek, not through I-tunes/I-books but you may be able to get it through a third party app?

11-Aug-17
Just added it to my order. Should provide some good reading material as I'm in deer camp in two weeks from today!

11-Aug-17
Thanks Brotsky.

12-Aug-17
The book would be a great treestand/blind read while waiting on that buck to come by...

15-Feb-18
Just ordered it!

• Sitka Gear