wyohunter1 30-Jun-17
MeanMachine 30-Jun-17
LONEBULL 30-Jun-17
Bill in MI 02-Jul-17
MeanMachine 06-Nov-17
BTM 06-Nov-17
wytex 06-Nov-17
29-Jun-17
Has anyone ever done a late season Pronghorn antelope hunt in Wyoming? We are planning a late October hunt in Unit 22. Would like to get some member feedback about visiting Yellowstone national park also on the same trip. We haven't visited the state of Wyoming. Has any bowsite members visited the park during this month and what are your suggestions about where to stay near Yellowstone on in the park. We are planning to spend a couple of extra days just to see the park. I appreciate all your help!

29-Jun-17
Late season Pronghorn can be great in certain areas. Just make sure the bucks normally still have horns during the time you plan to hunt.

30-Jun-17
You will love Yellowstone in October as the colors are beautiful and there is hardly anyone there. The elk will still be rutting which makes for some great photos. We live close and do a trip often this time of year. Usually travel over Dead Indian Pass then up through Cook City to Mammoth Hot Springs. Spend the night in Gardner and return out the east entrance next day. Enjoy the trip you will love it.

30-Jun-17
Three times I have hunted, all at Werner Ranch, and then done the Yellowstone / Teton trip with the family. The hunts were in September though. Excellent way to combine a normally quick hunt with a great family experience.

30-Jun-17
Any time you can get to Yellowstone NP....do it. Without question

30-Jun-17
Thanks for all the input everyone. Hoping to do it like you did Stryker since we are driving from Billings.

30-Jun-17
If you driving from Billings, go thru Red Lodge over Beartooth Pass if it's still open, then thru Cooke City.

30-Jun-17
wyohunter1 If the road is closed what would be the best alternative option? We would be in that area on the 18th of October. Would it be best to go south thru Cody? Are road closures determined by the weather conditions or is it a specific date?

30-Jun-17
I would check with the Park Service on closures etc. They were talking about closing the East gate early for construction by Fishing Bridge. Don't know where that ended up though.

02-Jul-17
Yellow stone in Oct was absolutely amazing. Rd to Red Lodge- do it. Stay in a cabin in Mammoth HS to wake up to bugling elk pushing cows through the fog. Bring a spotting scope and stop everywhere someone with bigger optics has spotted something. Can't wait to do it again

06-Nov-17

MeanMachine's embedded Photo
MeanMachine's embedded Photo
We saw everything except Wolves and Bears. Lots of Bison and Elk in the Lamar Valley. We were lucky getting out of the East entrance as the road closed later that night. We had dinner at Irma & all the Halloween decorations were up. The wind was howling nonstop for most of the night. We visited the Buffalo Bill Center of the West. It was an awesome trip. Thanks for all your assistance.

06-Nov-17
When I went through YNP five years ago they didn't allow bows, firearms, or game meat in your vehicle, so you might want to check into that.

Another big thumbs up on the Buffalo Bill museum! Glad I went, and I'd like to go again.

06-Nov-17
Firearms are legal through the park. https://www.nps.gov/grca/learn/management/upload/Firearms-in-IMRparks2-2010.pdf

• Sitka Gear