trackman 09-Jul-17
sitO 09-Jul-17
sitO 09-Jul-17
Elkstuffer 09-Jul-17
trackman 09-Jul-17
Stickthrower 10-Jul-17
N.nixon 10-Jul-17
08-Jul-17
For those of you that hunt out of a Double Bull do you use the smaller porthole size windows or do you pull the window skirt down across the front half of the blind? It seems like the latter would let too much light into the blind. Any thoughts?????

08-Jul-17

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
I have always faced the 180 degree window facing the way I want to shoot and try to keep the sun at my back. I also take along two pieces of black cloth to hang inside the 180 degree window to make it darker inside if needed and also to narrow down the shooting window if needed if the wind is blowing the wrong way. I like the idea of being able to see out front with a wider view then narrow it down when needed. Shooting through one narrow shoot port may not give one the mobility inside the blind. Try both ways and see what works for you.

08-Jul-17
When I hunted out of my old T5, I shot through the big screen on the "front" side of the blind. I think the one I use now is called the 360, and it has the window that you can customize....kinda. It's not completely satisfactory to me, but I've made it work so far. Using either, I close everything else unless it's really hot and I can see no goats, then I'll try to get a little air flow. In Wyo, that's generally not too hard:-)

08-Jul-17
When using my 360 I keep all the windows in the back closed and only open what I need to make a shot in front, seems to work well as I've had pronghorn 10yrds in front of the blind and not spook at all, I also wear black mask and shirt.

09-Jul-17
Great! Thanks guys!

09-Jul-17
Remember your arrow is lower then your sight don't hit the window like lot's of hunters have done.Me also

09-Jul-17

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
Trackman, I can "one up" your advice ;?)

09-Jul-17
Kyle, Is that the void?

09-Jul-17
Ha! Was for me Frank, and it scared the hell out of me when I did it...the buck was a good'n...probably still is.

09-Jul-17
That's funny sitO. Although I'm sure it wasn't at the time. Thanks for sharing guys! After seeing numerous people hit their blinds in videos I'd like to say that I wouldn't do that but it never hurts to have a reminder. I have to say it's the first time I've seen the decoy hit though :)

09-Jul-17
I hit the fiberglass rod on the blind what a hell of a sound

10-Jul-17
That is awesome Kyle

10-Jul-17
Sito, Is that decoy fiberglass or foam?

• Sitka Gear