OkieJ 13-Jul-17
woodguy65 13-Jul-17
Crusader dad 13-Jul-17
Treeline 14-Jul-17
Treeline 14-Jul-17
OkieJ 17-Jul-17
11-Jul-17
Gents,

I am in the process of building a new house and really want to get something designed for the sheds that I have found over the years. I have looked all over the internet for ideas but I am yet to find an idea that I love.

Has anyone found a way to display them that does not involve piling them up or making a Christmas tree out of them? =)

11-Jul-17
The wife uses a big decorative bowl and stacks up the white tail antlers inside. She puts this on top of an old cabinet in our living/trophy room.

11-Jul-17

HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
HUNT MAN's embedded Photo

11-Jul-17
How many of you are asked by their wives, don't you have enough? My answer is when you no longer need more clothes, shoes or jewelry that's when I have enough

11-Jul-17
Hahaha I like that DL. I've probably got 400 of them stored in rubbermaid tubs in my basement. But i am only looking to display the bigger ones.

11-Jul-17
Use the antlers for door handles, drawer handles, towel hooks, etc.

11-Jul-17
I don't have a lot, but if I did, I'd make a patio cover out of them, run the 2x2s really wide and strap them to the underside of them to provide shade and block the wood of the patio cover to make it look like a ceiling of antlers.

11-Jul-17
I stack them in the barn and when I get a truck load the guy comes to pick them up! :)

Actually, I do keep a few exceptional ones in the house. Some on the mantle and some on the top of the 10' bookcases where they can be viewed from the second level overlooking the lower room.

Still a pain to dust, or so my wife says.

11-Jul-17
I used to go crazy looking for Tule Elk sheds. There's a number of herds around that aren't hunted on private land and public land. Over the years I've seen some crazy things. Elk taking off running dropping one or both antlers. Got pretty consuming in March and April. I kept telling my wife I would make a chandelier. Had close to 90 at one time. For those that she'd hunt know what I'm talking about when I say that I was just as excited looking forward to she'd hunting as I was regular hunting

11-Jul-17

DaleT's embedded Photo
DaleT's embedded Photo
Much to my surprise, when we redid our kitchen a couple of years ago - my wife agreed to include an antler chandler in the planning. I had this one made from deer I have killed over the years that weren't quite good enough to mount. We are now redoing the master bath and we just ordered another one for that project.

11-Jul-17

sdbowhunter's embedded Photo
I have some under a glass table and in front of a slide glass on a TV case

12-Jul-17

kevin3006's embedded Photo
kevin3006's embedded Photo
Thought this was pretty cool.

12-Jul-17

hunt4life's embedded Photo
hunt4life's embedded Photo

12-Jul-17
I really like the table with glass top ideas. I think that I will start with that. Keep the ideas coming guys.

13-Jul-17
I dropped my phone in a bucket of water so don't have the picture anymore, but I saw somewhere on the internet were someone had built rough cut wooden fence out of cedar. It had two rails (top one being somewhere around 3 1/2 ft tall) and went around the walls of the room and sheds were hung off of it. Thought it was a pretty neat idea.

13-Jul-17
Hunt Man's looks really good! Might make one myself.

Thanks,.

Lee

13-Jul-17
I have a 36" wreath that is made from barbwire and sheds that hangs on the front of my shop. I've had a lot of people ask where I got it.

13-Jul-17
Lets see it OKIEJ - sounds cool! Holy Cow DaleT - those are some big antlers from deer that "weren't big enough to mount"....and I'm from Illinois! I like it - very nice.

13-Jul-17

Crusader dad's embedded Photo
Crusader dad's embedded Photo
I love the coffee table idea. This is how our lone shed antler is displayed.

14-Jul-17
The coffee table idea is pretty cool. If combined with some quail, a bobcat or fox mount, it could be over the top.

I also love the antler chandeliers, just hard to find the right place for them in the house.

This mount was a concept that I threw out to my taxidermist buddy. I love it and it gets lots of comments.

14-Jul-17

Treeline's embedded Photo
Treeline's embedded Photo

17-Jul-17

OkieJ's embedded Photo
OkieJ's embedded Photo
Still adding to it. Need to add this years sheds.

• Sitka Gear