Charlie Rehor 12-Jul-17
RutnStrut 12-Jul-17
JTV2 13-Jul-17
RutnStrut 13-Jul-17
Olink 14-Jul-17
loprofile 14-Jul-17
OFFHNTN 14-Jul-17
12-Jul-17
Does anyone have any experience with some different self propelled brush mowers? I have used a Billy Goat, didn't care for it. I have also used a DR field and brush mower, it was ok. Rented an Orec tracked crawler flail brush mower for this weekend. I am in the market for one of these both for my property maintenance business and for cutting trails on my hunting property. My brother in law rented the Orec last year for mowing briars at my inlaws place and it looked like it did good. I won't ask him about it as he's one of those BIL's. I will take pics and give my opinion next week after I am done with the Orec. Please no one say go with a tractor and a bush hog. These are places where I can't get the tractor.

12-Jul-17
I have very hilly property and have mowed the trails with the DR Brushmaster since 2004. I continue to be amazed with what it gets done year in and year out. Doesn't sound like you had the same experience but I've been pleased. C

12-Jul-17
Charlie, the DR is actually high on my list. The one I used was a neglected rental unit, so that probably had a lot to do with it's performance. I have a feeling I am going to really like the flail mower this weekend. Then my selection will be even less as only a few companies make them.

13-Jul-17
Just keep em away from your feet/toes ... don't use em to cut toe nails ...... dont ask how I know ...

13-Jul-17
JTV2, I hear you on that. My little brother or Peg Leg as I call him. Is missing 3/4 of his left foot from one.

14-Jul-17
My DR Field and Brush mower is close to 20 years old and still works like the day I got it. It is a fantastic tool for cutting any plant material. I mow places that you would never get close to with a tractor.

14-Jul-17
The DR is one heck of a machine.

14-Jul-17
DR is the only one I have experience with, and it's a beast! Love that thing!

• Sitka Gear