Bake 19-Jul-17
Bigdan 19-Jul-17
Capra 19-Jul-17
StickFlicker 19-Jul-17
Sandbagger 19-Jul-17
loesshillsarcher 20-Jul-17
Scar Finga 20-Jul-17
17-Jul-17
Well the results for the draw are available in the portals, I had 5 bonus points and my wife had three. She got drawn, I didn't. Glad she got drawn:) Hopefully she will shoot a really nice buck. Kaibab Archery Deer.

17-Jul-17
No luck for me

17-Jul-17
I also drew NR Kaibab archery deer 2nd year in a row with just 2 points. Should be a great combo with my unit 1 archery elk hunt, which begins the day after the deer season ends. Love hangin out at Jacob Lake Inn between hunts.

17-Jul-17
18 points and still counting

17-Jul-17
27 points and still counting

17-Jul-17
Nothing for me with 18 points. I drew NV archery elk so no complaints.

17-Jul-17
23 Goulds turkey points now; maybe finally next spring I can get that tag.

17-Jul-17
Omg... I drew 13A archery... and I have like no time for this hunt...

I'm supposed to be on Kodiak till the 23rd or 24th and in Wyoming on the 31st.

17-Jul-17
Idyl: I figured sooner your later you'd have this "trouble". You and I look a lot alike and are the same age so maybe I can cover for you until you catch up:)) Find a way!!!

17-Jul-17
Wow that is quite a pickle Idyl. What are the AK & WY hunts for?

17-Jul-17
AK is deer/goats. WY is elk. Both hunts I have plans with hunting partners and don't have any wiggle room. I just extended my Kodiak trip too. I might be able to shorten that back a day or two.

17-Jul-17
Did you do the point guard?

You might be the first guinea pig...

17-Jul-17
No way I'm turning it in.

17-Jul-17
Wow ! That's such a cool surprise!!! Congrats idyll!!

17-Jul-17
It's official. Matt Palmquist and I are bowhunting my old mule deer haunts......the Kaibab.

17-Jul-17
Congrats Ike! If there was ever a hunt where I would contemplate the assistance of a guide, this would be it. A scouting package might be great deal!

18-Jul-17
Have fun Idy!!

It has happened to us all now and then, over the years and seems to always play out well--------->

Good luck, Robb

18-Jul-17
Drew a rocky tag is all

18-Jul-17
Congrats Ike! Just quit your job. You're only a doctor...

Roy, have fun on he Kaibab. Keep the beer away from Matt!

Ned, you better be kidding. Or I hate you! And congrats!

18-Jul-17
Not kiddin. Wowza

18-Jul-17
Congrats on some great tags guys.

18-Jul-17

StickFlicker's embedded Photo
StickFlicker's embedded Photo
Congratulations on the Rocky tag! I drew a bonus point for those. I'm up to 3 now, so I'm probably not going to be hunting them anytime soon...

After 10 straight rejections on Arizona drawings, however, I did finally get into the max point pool for deer and drew The Strip, Unit 13B. That's the only way I seem to draw tags the last few years. I'm now nearly 40 (max) points lighter than I was at the beginning of July a year ago, between drawing my 2016 desert sheep tag and now the deer tag. I almost feel naked without my protective layer of bonus points! Well, I do still have 27 for buffalo, 12 for turkey, then there's elk, antelope...

18-Jul-17
Ned, wow congrats that's amazing!

18-Jul-17
Thanks I am in disbelief

18-Jul-17
Several awesome tags out there guys! Congratulations!

Thinking that Ned is probably still passed out on the floor... Rocky Mt. Bighorn in AZ is one totally awesome tag! No matter which unit!

18-Jul-17
Congratulations on the sheep tag Ned!

18-Jul-17
Congrats everyone, some great tags drawn here.

Ike, you've got quite the adventurous Season ahead...

Best of Luck, Jeff

18-Jul-17
Grats Ned and Marv! I assume you guys are still in shock like I am. Crazy stuff.

Zack, I have 6 weeks off from Mid August till the end of September. Work is not an issue. My other hunts are. August and September are just not long enough. And while I'm on the subject, neither is November.

18-Jul-17
Congratulations Marvin and Ned!

18-Jul-17
Any outfitters for sheep that you guys recommend I look at.unit 27/27. I prefer Matt Liljenquist but he may not be available.

18-Jul-17
That's awesome guys congrats on all the tags!!!

Zack, no reason to keep me away from the beer. I hit it pretty hard when we're at shows but rarely drink when hunting....unless Stafford is around??

18-Jul-17
Stafford does have a habit of bringing out the best/worst in people

18-Jul-17
Matt is a great guy.

18-Jul-17

BOHNTR's embedded Photo
BOHNTR's embedded Photo
"I hit it pretty hard when we're at shows".........WORD!

18-Jul-17
Mine doesn't show a result for sheep or deer. But my card hasn't been hit either.

What in the world does that mean?

19-Jul-17
Way to go Ned!

Dreams do come true

Good luck, Robb

19-Jul-17
Congrats to the lucky ones! Hope to see some great AZ trophies on here soon.

19-Jul-17
Ned is my hero. We all know where the horshoe has been residing these last few months. It is a wonder Ned can sit down with it in there!

19-Jul-17
Ned, Richie Hogan would be a great guide for that hunt. I believe he had that tag in 2013 and killed a 188-189" rocky.

19-Jul-17
Bake, Did you receive a confirmation email of the application fee being charged when you applied? It sounds like they don't have your applications at all, which means you wouldn't get a bonus point and would lose the loyalty point if you have one. I'd look to see if you have that, then contact Game and Fish to see what is wrong.

19-Jul-17
Marv, I'm pretty sure his post was tongue-in-cheek...

19-Jul-17
Congrats to the lucky few! Can't imagine the excitement of drawing a sheep tag!

No soup for me.....

19-Jul-17
Stick . . . Yessir. Confirmation and all.

19-Jul-17
I've got the confirmation emails. The portal shows me as having the loyalty point. I just put in for a point for mulie, but I did apply for a hunt for sheep. They would call if they tried to charge a card and it didn't work, right?

19-Jul-17
Holly cow nothing in az But more points

19-Jul-17
As a group what a great bunch of tags have been drawn, Congrats guys.

Idyl, I was joking about the point guard !! I'm not sure there is a soul on earth that would turn the tag in. That's a tough unit though I'd consider hiring someone and carve out as many days as you can. You will need them

19-Jul-17
Bake, they don't call anymore if the credit card is rejected. They stopped it this year. Even without a payment problem, I think it should still show that you applied in the portal.

19-Jul-17
Ned. submitted a pm.

20-Jul-17
Very much appreciate the help already given to me about this 27/28 sheep unit. Please keep it coming. I have not decided what to do yet. Outfit vs DIY. Please PM on this handle now as my computer is fixed. yeehaw. Easier for me to respond here. I have a lot of planning still ahead of me.

20-Jul-17
For me, that would be a very easy decision. It's a once in a lifetime tag and I would go with the very best guy/ outfitter I could find.

Congratulations and keep us posted!

Scar.

• Sitka Gear