Buffalo1 02-Aug-17
geoffp 03-Sep-17
Buckndoe 03-Sep-17
skookumjt 04-Sep-17
Pyrannah 04-Sep-17
drycreek 04-Sep-17
Tajue17 10-Sep-17
20-Jul-17
How are the classifieds here lately. I know that you used to get alot of phishing scams before. Selling on Archerytalk is getting horrible. Have a great bow package to sell.

20-Jul-17
Not great. Plus I can't remove a sold item.

21-Jul-17
I got taken for some cheap Chinese rage hypos. seller wouldn't own up to it and still have 12 here at my house. otherwise i havent really used the classified here much but usually they were good transactions

21-Jul-17
use e-bay

21-Jul-17
What's horrible about AT ? I've bought and sold on there a bunch, but not lately.

22-Jul-17
Drycreek. Last couple I have sold. people make offers that you accept then they try to renegotiate. Also people agree to buy can't come up with the money. In general lots of people wasting your time.

22-Jul-17
90%+ of the time I spend on archerytalk and rockslide are for the classifieds. They are very different formats but both have tons of stuff. I like the seller/buyer rating on archerytalk

22-Jul-17
PayPal only for payments.

22-Jul-17
Be a signed in member for so many days before you use/access them.

22-Jul-17
Those last two suggestions are the beginning of great classifieds section.

22-Jul-17
I don't think you should dictate payment methods......thats between seller/buyer.....I would have section on do and don't......PayPal would be a big DO

The seller rating and time to post classifieds would be the best.

Another great feature would be a greater ability to sort what you are looking for.......right, left, bow, clothes, etc

22-Jul-17
Pat, That would be great. Like ucsdryder said I only go to Archerytalk for the classifieds and having a peer rating system I think is important. I think the Classified sections are only going to get busier in the coming years as the market is very flooded with inventory. I think it would be great if you did a 1% surcharge for a transaction. This could go towards a charity or kids hunt that Bowsiters are so fond of supporting. I would really prefer to deal with Bowsiters as in general they are very upstanding individuals.

22-Jul-17
Also I think you should have a manufacturers/sponsors section where you could go to purchase items from Bowsite sponsors. Make it more of a marketplace. I'm not sure I would be a fan of it being Auction style like you previously had

22-Jul-17
I buy and sell on a lot of hunting message boards. I've never had an issue.

24hourcampfire and rokslide are both very good forums for this purpose.

If we could have a post count and a function to view an individual's other posts on here, we would be able to "track" their credibility.

I have never successfully sold anything on this website, unfortunately. Every time I posted something, I got the scammers.

24-Jul-17
As long as you are asking. ...a section on landowner tags and trade Hunts would be nice.

24-Jul-17
Rockslide is terrible for classifieds. They get so much activity that if you find something you like, you had better buy it quick. What you find on page one today could be on page 3 0r 4 tomorrow if you are lucky enough to ever find it again.

24-Jul-17
I like the way AT does it. Only reason I have Ann account. Not sure I've ever looked at their website at all otherwise. Big fan of rockslide not because of the form of classifieds but what Rokslide members typically repressed, which is in my wheelhouse.

24-Jul-17
You guys mean to tell me that AT has something other than classifieds? :)

24-Jul-17
I think something similar to a Virtual Garage Sale or Varage Sale would be great.

The Varage Sale is a niche market where women sell to women; the main rule is that must have a FB account before registering as a seller/buyer. My wife (Lady Bowhunter) does a lot of selling and buying on the site and it works well.

It could be structured to be a Bowsite members only initiative.

There would be a couple obstacles to sort out, a couple being collection of funds and shipping fees. As well as establishing a seller/buyer rating process and an understanding that items sold are without warranty and at no liability to the website (or something like that).

24-Jul-17
classifieds on AT is the biggest pull. Pat, you've had some great suggestions here. My thoughts:

NO Paypal GIFT whatsoever. make sure there is a feedback system tied to it black ball thieves and cheats

24-Jul-17
I disagree with the PayPal gift. That's on the buyer and seller. If someone has long standing positive feedback and I'm buying a 50 dollar item I'd rather save a couple more bucks and use my own judgement. If the buyer agrees then that's on him.

24-Jul-17
There needs to be a separate classifieds mod that deals with that ONLY. When there are issues in the classifieds you need a mod that can devote the time to it. The ability to give/receive and view feedback is a must. There should also be a minimum post or time period one is a member before they can be active in the classifieds. You get less scammers that way. Classifieds can be a huge boost to a site/forum. But they can also be a huge pain in the posterior.

25-Jul-17
Ucsdryder,

I respectfully disagree with your suggestion. Anyone that has a Paypal account signed an agreement with Paypal that specifically prohibits using "gift" payment method unless you are actually "Giving" someone money. It is a service you agreed to pay for. Simply pay what you agreed to or don't use the service. Sorry if that is blunt, but sooner or later your word has to mean something to ya.

25-Jul-17
Pat as I'm sure you know as soon as you have busy buying and selling that's when all the crap comes in as far as scams, and that type of garbage. I'd also be a fan of established bowsite members only, or you have to be a member for 2 weeks or something like that. This way you don't have all the scams coming through.

Most important to me is that a picture, and a price are displayed in the "overall" view before I need to click on it. For example, the current classifieds are very annoying in that you can't see a price until you click on it.

Also, please allow the ability to post multiple pictures.

Getting very "wish listy" but if you are 2 pages into the classifieds, and press your "back" button would be nice if it took you back to where you just were instead of page one or something.

Thanks.

25-Jul-17
I don't think bowsite has unique user names does it? Can't I sign in under any username? This may be an issue for seller/buyer feedback. Although I do stil lhave my pin number from the late 90s. maybe that will work?

02-Aug-17
I would include an area to list "sorries" and "scam artist" who deal on the classified section. This measure could help a perspective buyer to be aware of some people.

I also believe one bad deal should be rewarded with automatic expulsion from Bowsite classifieds.

03-Sep-17
Bowthwacker - I agree. Have never done anything on AT other than some classified transactions and most have been a clusterf*ck (pardon the expletive). A hate to stereotype, because I know there are probably a lot of great like-minded people on AT, BUT.......the guys I have gotten to know on Bowsite are guys I'd hunt with. Guys I would be glad to help. Guys I would go out of my way for, and perhaps meet up with somewhere while traveling. They are my friends. Not so on AT. Yes, I am generalizing a bit. Again, just describing MY experiences.

03-Sep-17
Feedback from buyer and seller would be smart to include. Gives everyone a little idea of who you are dealing with. 100% positive feedback is always nice to see (but doesn't guarantee anything).

04-Sep-17
I would hate to see a PayPal only rule. Their fees sre outrageous. I used to sell nearly $500k per year on eBay. The fees for both became cost prohibitive.

04-Sep-17
500k/yr??? wow!

04-Sep-17
A vote here against paypal only. I'm not a fan. I've bought and sold plenty on AT and TBH, and always send a USPS MO. No problems yet, knock on wood. AT has feedback, TBH does not, but if the classifieds here were more like AT, it would be a good thing. I really think the variety of stuff for sale on AT is due to the nature of the buyers/sellers, and not the site. Guys here tend to keep their gear longer from what I glean from the posts, while the AT guys change bows like they change their drawers. As for the AT forums, other than classifieds and maybe the DIY forum, I have no interest.

10-Sep-17
Pat add a feedback system,,,, also if you can have a confirmation email in place if someone places an ad it needs to be confirmed at their emails like CL.. also not being able to place an ad unless they have a decent amount of posts already logged.

• Sitka Gear