DL 21-Jul-17
Mark Watkins 25-Jul-17
EZBreazy 25-Jul-17
kota-man 25-Jul-17
APauls 25-Jul-17
'Ike' (Phone) 26-Jul-17
Bigdan 26-Jul-17
21-Jul-17
I got my new Sitka Subalpine gear yesterday for my pending Nevada Mule deer hunt Nice stuff. My old cotton camo will have to turn into work gear. I got one warm weather set and one for when the season changes and the temps drop When elk season starts really like the new color

21-Jul-17
Dang, Bigdan. Getting all fashionable on us. Enjoy the comfort!

21-Jul-17
Didn't know sitka made coveralls. Just Joshin ya. I like my subalpine stuff too. I'm awaiting a merino shirt in subalpine though. Best of luck on your hunts Big Dan.

21-Jul-17
Good for you Dan!! Enjoy!

All Sitka, all the time!!

21-Jul-17
Matching that's a first really like the light weight kind of like the butt naked stuff

21-Jul-17
Nice Dan!

21-Jul-17
I sure appreciate the pads in the ascent pants. Protects the knees

21-Jul-17
Been looking at them. How's the fit? Did you order a size up or just what they recommend?

21-Jul-17
The Subapline line was designed/made for elk hunting. Excellent choice Dan!

21-Jul-17
Alright BigDan!

21-Jul-17
Be aware that the Ascent have knee pad pockets, but if you want the pads you need to buy them separately. I've been hiking in Ascent Shirt, Ascent Pants & Core Lightweight Crew in HOT weather scouting here in NM (~95 degrees) and this setup is the most comfortable I've ever been in blistering weather. Digging the pattern too. Hard to say what's better because Big Game/Open Country has been a killer pattern for me too.

21-Jul-17
Mine has knee pads in them but the light weight ones don't

21-Jul-17
Definitely a nice feature for older knees and those of us that have knee replacements

25-Jul-17
Bigdan, I think we might need some pics to validate this thread!:)

Mark

25-Jul-17
Congrats on new camo! As for knee pads, it may just be me but me but I have to be very careful with any knee pad type pants whether Sitka or KUIU. After miles of hiking in warmer weather, where I don't have a base layer below them, I will have matching 8 inch lacerations rubbed into my anterior quads from top of the pad edge or the reinforced stitching. Usually I hike enough to keep warm without a base layer for pants unless weather is extreme and have to abandon any knee pad type pant or suffer with bleeding quads after the first day. Then the next 60 miles really sucks or suffer with overheating from a protective base layer under the pants.

25-Jul-17
Forget the pics, I want a run way show video!

25-Jul-17
Nice! Now all we need Blacktail Bob to sport some Sitka/Kuiu and everyone is happy ;)

26-Jul-17
Liking mine, figure if I layer right it'll be great on POW come this Fall...

"Runway show video"....LMAO

26-Jul-17

Bigdan's embedded Photo
Bigdan's embedded Photo
Bigdan's embedded Photo
Bigdan's embedded Photo
Bob has his own style when it comes to his camo. When we were at P&Y I took him over to the Sitka booth to talk with John I did not stick around I let them talk

• Sitka Gear