Equipment
Contributors to this thread:
deerslayer 25-Jul-17
Tilzbow 25-Jul-17
Brotsky 25-Jul-17
JW 25-Jul-17
LINK 26-Jul-17
25-Jul-17
Looking at changing over to the Hamskea. I was thinking of getting the Hybrid Hunter, but was told that the micro tune is a better way to go. I found a pretty sweet deal on one, new in package, but it's a 2-3 or year old model. Any idea if there has been significant changes to this rest in the last couple years? Also what are the benefits of limb driven vs cable actuated? Any other thoughts on the hybrid hunter vs the micro tune?

25-Jul-17
Both the Hybrid Hunter and Versa Rest are available in micro-tune versions.

25-Jul-17
My daughter has the Hybrid Hunter Pro Micro on her bow. I really like the rest. Built like a tank and the micro tune is definitely the way to go. The only thing I don't like is the wear you get on the launcher arm. It really seems to be wearing down fast. They have a replacement they sell that is supposed to fix this problem. Really a minor complaint but it is the only drawback. It's a fantastic rest. Definitely go limb activated. Eliminates having to serve your cable and eliminates any potential timing issues that stress on your cable could cause.

25-Jul-17
I'm running versa rest micro tunes on 2 of my rigs and they are an awesome rest. Broadhead tuned one last night and adjustments were simple and secure. Run the cord off the limb and they're bulletproof.

26-Jul-17
I've got the same rest as Brotskys daughter and it's slick. I bought the felt for the launcher arm and I don't seam to be wearing it out. I'm sure I'm not shooting as much as Kia though. I don't have any high profile elk hunts coming up, just CO otc. ;)

• Sitka Gear