Orion 26-Jul-17
SlipShot 27-Jul-17
CCOVEY 27-Jul-17
ohiohunter 27-Jul-17
Prime1 27-Jul-17
Brotsky 27-Jul-17
Orion 27-Jul-17
26-Jul-17
Hey all, I'm looking at getting a new pair of binoculars and I've heard some good things about the vortex Crossfire 10x50s and the Diamondback 10x50s, I was wondering if there was any more input or words of wisdom you guys could give me on selecting one of the two or other options worth looking into for less than $300. Thankyou.

26-Jul-17
I have the Diamondback 10x42 and with the minimal use I've gotten since picking them up, I can't say much, except that they're crystal clear when I tried them in my yard.

I plan to scout next weekend and give them a real opportunity, but so far so good. Plus, with Vortex superior customer service, I will stick with them for life.

26-Jul-17
If you are going to use them from a stationary blind or location, the 10x50s are fine, but if you plan to walk around much and use them with a bow, they are a little too big and heavy for me. I like my 8x42s and my 10x42s

26-Jul-17
I use a 10x 50, different brand. I don't ever recall being in a position where I wished I had less power, but I'm often in a position where I wished I had more

26-Jul-17
Started with the 10X42 diamonbacks and now have the 12X50 HD and all i can say is wow. Compared them to other high end and just cant say enough about Vortex.

26-Jul-17
Im rocking an old pair of shepherd 8x42s right now, I guess i never really considered the size as a factor (probably attributed to being young and foolish) and I only looked at the 10x50s. I'll do a comparison between the two sizes before I buy. Thanks for the input guys! Does anyone know if vortex is still doing there military discount that they had last year? I can't find it on their website anymore.

27-Jul-17
I purchased a viper HD 12 X 50 a couple years ago and I love them. I have done side by side comparisons in the field with a pair of Swarovski and I was impressed. I'm not going to lie and say they are as good as the Swarovski, but for your money they will do.

27-Jul-17
I would go with Nikon if i was looking at lower end glass. In my opinion my old 10x50 Monarchs are clearer than either of the two you listed.

27-Jul-17
Key word, old. Nikon has since broken down the monarch line into 3,5 & 7. I do not know where/which # the older monarch glass compares to the new line.

27-Jul-17
I've used the Vortex 10x50 crossfire's for a couple years. Very happy.

27-Jul-17
If you look around you can sometimes find a set of 10x42 Talon HD's for less than $300. That would be better glass than the Crossfire or Diamondback.

27-Jul-17
I think I've made my decision to get the Diamondback 12x50s instead of the 10x50s, their size specifications are identical and the 12x50s are actually an ounce lighter all according to Vortex's website. Thanks a bunch for the input.

• Sitka Gear