shane 29-Jul-17
JL 29-Jul-17
Rcarter 30-Jul-17
JLBSparks 30-Jul-17
JL 30-Jul-17
Buffalo1 01-Aug-17
steve 01-Aug-17
26-Jul-17
Besides Bowsite what are the top 5 hunting/archery forums on the world wide web? I am looking for the most used sites with large populations of posters.

Thanks

26-Jul-17
I didn't know there were others!

27-Jul-17
Bowsite and Rokslide are the only two I look at. I only post here. I visit AT classifieds.

27-Jul-17
Depends. Some forums are very species specific or very regional. I visit several in a week and some are very slow but the quality of posts make up for lack of vibrancy. Some of the more popular forums based on frequency of posts are not very enlightening for me as I have minimal interest in trying to convince anyone they are wrong even if is a fantastic train wreck as the poster insists they have discovered the one, true enlightened path to be a hunter.

My advice is search on a topic you like and add "hunt" and "forum" to the search and see what is worthwhile for you.

27-Jul-17
Bowsite is the best hands down. Nebraska used to have a good forum. I don't even know if they have one anymore. Of course that was a state specific forum for the most part.

The jackwagons on AT can be fun to mess with at times.

27-Jul-17
bowsite and coueswhitetail.com are about the only two I visit anymore. I learn a lot from both. Can't take the bickering and Utah domination on monstermuleys anymore. I just pop in from time to time and it never fails to disappoint. I think I would rather watch dance moms instead.

27-Jul-17
Bowsite for bowhunting anything or any general information I need. As general as replacing a part on an a car or hanging sheet rock. I look at Rokslide for some western stuff and then Archery Talk for general archery, western forum and classifieds. Archery Talk can be terrible but it has some strong points.

27-Jul-17
Bowsite is it for me. I looked at elk101's forum the other day, it had some good conversation but isn't very busy. The only reason I get on AT is for the classifieds.

27-Jul-17
Bowsite and Archery Talk is where I'm at.

27-Jul-17
AT is the 'Housewives of archery', fun to watch or cause a trainwreck for entertainment. Bowsite I can actually learn something.

27-Jul-17
Anytime I'm wanting a good laugh I slip over to the Wisconsin state forum. Some real doufuses over there, has the feel of WWE or something. AT certainly seems big but I can't stand the place. Rokslide is ok if you can tolerate the gear divas, but has lost some quality folks since I started following it 3-4 years ago. 24hrcampfire seems big, I don't follow it but have landed there from google a few times. Same with monstermuleys, I don't follow but google has landed me on some good threads there.

27-Jul-17
24hrcampfire is a good one. Their classifieds are really, really good. Be careful though, there are some great deals that will dent your wallet!

I've even been able to post a "Looking for......" on the classifieds and was able to get a young man his high school graduation gift rifle (from his parents) and find a LH Dakota 76 in 416 Rigby for my father for a last minute rifle switch before a trip. The cool thing is that we met the gentleman who sold us the Dakota at Dallas Safari Club and shared all our hunting pics with him. He was from CA and Dad was from KS. This meeting people from the internet thing isn't so bad.

27-Jul-17
Alaska hunting forum from 2006-2010 ish was a good window of info before it became a lynch mob anytime someone posted info. I still look at the old threads over there. I like rockslide for new gear reviews.

27-Jul-17
BOWSITE and Accurate Reloading

27-Jul-17
I look at Bowsite multiple times a day. The others that I frequent in order of most to least are Rokslide, Eastmans, Big Fins forum, and 24 hour campfire. I like the campfire because of the many different topics specifically guns. I only go on Archery Talk if I want to buy something or have something to sell.

27-Jul-17
For bowhunting there really aren't any other good ones. But none are needed as long as we have bowsite. Monster Mulies is a good general hunting site but has one major troll mucking it up. Archery Talk seems to target mostly youngsters who depend on shiny flashy stuff for entertainment. But admittedly AT does have some extremely knowledgeable archery-technical type guys who never come here, which is why I visit their brand-specific archery forums occasionally.

27-Jul-17
MM, HuntTalk & Eastmans Journal for western stuff.

27-Jul-17
x2 GhostBird if you want some Africa hunting deals Accurate Reloading , Primarily Bowsite though.

27-Jul-17
I usually start on the leatherwall, then here, archerytalk classifieds, tradgang are the four major ones I look at daily. Then I will occasionally look at Alaska hunting forum, since I lived there for 20+ yrs. Rokslide and 24hourcampfire rarely.

27-Jul-17
HuntingNY.com has good activity every single day.

27-Jul-17
Bowsite: 2x per day MM: 2x per week (usually State forums which can be pretty good) Rokslide: 2x per month AT: 2x per year (classifieds)

27-Jul-17
24hourcampfire is great...especially the Hunters Campfire. Very minimally moderated so bring your big boy pants!

27-Jul-17
t-roy + 1

2.2 Million different IP addresses on the Bowsite last year, 21 years of history and every word ever written is archived. I like the fact that we go on actual bow hunts and share our experiences.

27-Jul-17
#1 - Bowsite

Distant 2nd - Rokslide

If you are in to Africa, Accurate Reloading is great.

27-Jul-17
Rokslide, Eastmans, Kifaru, Alaksa Forums... Can't think of another one outside Bowsite

27-Jul-17
Those of you that say you visit Bowsite 2X a day....how do you count that? I don't want to count my visits. :)

27-Jul-17
I work from home and some days are really slow. I find myself checking in on Bowsite multiple times per day. Rokslide every once in awhile if nothing new on here. I've ventured into HuntTalk and Monster Muleys on occasion. Elk101 rarely since it doesn't seem to have the traction other forums have.

27-Jul-17
bowhunting.com is pretty good

27-Jul-17
I was a longtime member of the LW until my draw shoulder went south and I was prompted to go the way of modern archery. Been a long hiatus from the Bowsite and it is looking pretty good so far. I substituted AT, but am a bit worn out on all the bickering, self-promotion, big egos and wannabe's. I tried Bowhunting.com but their bowhunting forum has a group of grumpy, turf-protecting individuals that seem to run off anyone with a differing view......plus extremely Mathew's dominated. Looks like I need to check out 24 hour campfire?

27-Jul-17
It's a rare night that I don't visit Bowsite, then Texas BowHunter, then Deer Hunter, sometimes Texas Hunting Forum, AT if I'm looking to buy somebody's cast-off :-).

Most times multiple times per night and during the day if I'm home.

27-Jul-17
I check bowsite now and then...... now I turn it on first thing in the morning and then I turn it off when I go home from work at night.....

Bowsite is unbeatable for hunting knowledge and info. Hands down. AT is a cluster, but there are a few guys over there that really know their archery, set up and tune rigs, right down to building homemade bow presses, etc. If you can wade through it, they have some very good tech info over there.

Bowsite is the most computer fun I have with my clothes on..... er, wait, that didn't come out right.......

27-Jul-17
Don't have time for more than bowsite! It's pretty consuming :)

28-Jul-17
Bowsite consumes most of my time.

I also like HuntTalk. Randy is tops when it comes to public land hunting and great guy.

Rokslide is good also. Very informative.

Wapiti Talk is good for elk hunting. The folks really pick apart all aspects of elk hunting and calling.

AT is only if I have a technical problem or want to sell or buy something. Can't stand the drama. (I have a wife and two daughters for that)

Monster Muleys is a bunch of insulting teenage boys. I haven't gleaned any useful info since 2009.

As a barometer, I know TBM has been booted off at least 3 of my top sites. (It shows that they have standards and I have chosen wisely!)

28-Jul-17
lol I have my own website for shits and giggles but I honestly log onto Bowsite 50-1 more times than my own outdoor website.

So in order

1. Bowsite.com

2. Outdoorlunatic.com

Then there is Instagram, twitter, and LinkedIn.

29-Jul-17
Bowsite. Archerytalk Huntingnet. Texasbowhunter are the ones I check on a regular basis.

29-Jul-17
1. Bowsite.....by far.

2. Outdoor Directory.com (really good for Alaska)

3. Africa Hunting.com (really good for Africa).

29-Jul-17
Bowsite and All Things Habitat. The latter was a spin-off from the old QDMA forums.

29-Jul-17
A 2nd for bowhunting.com

29-Jul-17
Bowsite-where I live through everyones stories about the west and Alaskan adventures that I will probably never be able to do.

The Hunting Beast- for whitetail strategies its hard to beat

Archerytalk- If you can sift through the drama there are some good equipment reviews there. Rokslide-

29-Jul-17
There are a few that I visit....depends what kind of mood I'm in. HuntTalk seems to be pretty good. Not really an AT fan. Too many testosterone chips posting over there that tends to be a turn-off for me. I will give them a nod for one of the most (IMO) entertaining threads in hunting site history. A thread called "The Pursuit of OG. The hunt for a legend" thread was a classic. 204 pages and alot of folks got played by a poster named Ohio Booners, alot of flaming, alot of foot in mouth disease, etc. and the classic phrase...quiver lickers". Not sure whatever happened to Ohio Booners though.

30-Jul-17
All the good ones are in but to Add a couple more-- that people may get some good out of: Camofire.com, steepandcheap.com, and for those people in the Utah or Idaho are- ksl.com (classifieds). Killer deals on those sights for those looking for equipment for sale or to sell.

30-Jul-17
Leatherwall.

-Joe

30-Jul-17
Ohio Booners duped a lot of folks and some of the "quiver lickers" were in denial. I went back and re-read the first part of that thread for a couple of hours last night.....classic! That thread would make a great suspense/comedy story.

01-Aug-17

TexasBowhunter.com

AfricaHunting.com

01-Aug-17
Just go to the ct site for live hunts .LOL

• Sitka Gear