Synthetic Lures
Whitetail Deer
Contributors to this thread:
Jaquomo 29-Jul-17
Langbow 29-Jul-17
XMan 30-Jul-17
Alaska at heart 31-Jul-17
29-Jul-17
I've used synthetic mule deer lure during the rut with ok results. Better results than the so-called "natural" hot doe urine. But I've also had mature bucks sniff it and run.

As far as cover scent, the only one I truly believe in is Nose Jammer, but its supposedly all-natural.

29-Jul-17
As far as I remember "buck fever synthetics" was the original. 3 types of scents and no change to date. They also have a vanishing hunter spray. I have used their products on and off for years. Vanishing spray in my opinion is great. You can spry in your mouth, clothes etc. I use it before waking in, on the walk and at the stand. I have used all 3 attractents. I have never seen a negative response, the pre-rut stuff seems to work well. Many companies have synthetics now, interested if others have tried. I am positive the urine, or estrous in amber bottle is not as fresh as always promised. Synthectis seem to make sense

30-Jul-17
I use Buck Fever Synthetics for mock scrapes and have had great results over the years. What I really like about these synthetics is they last a lot longer and the results are right on par with the real deal. I use the bf gland product the most on licking branches.

31-Jul-17
I tried Buck Fever Synthetics when they first came out, but found they were pretty much ignored by west Michigan whitetails......at least the pressured variety I have access to. Maybe if you hunt exclusive property where deer are unpressured and more apt to respond to calls and such, the response would be more proactive? At this point in my bowhunting approach, I use NOTHING that makes noise or leaves intentional scent. At precisely the right timeof the rut, I have had a bit of interest in snort-wheeze technique, but pretty much everything else is either ignored or even runs them off.

• Sitka Gear