30-Jul-17

DVS's Link
Dries Visser Safaris - July Newsletter

04-Aug-17

DVS's embedded Photo
Robert Radocy Record Impala!
DVS's embedded Photo
Robert Radocy Record Impala!
Our first Bowhunter for the season Robert Radocy, managed to harvest some great animals with his traditional bow, but one plainsgame animal that stood out was his 27" Impala ram. The obviouse thing to do was to have the score send off to SCI and oh boy where we excited about the feedback!

04-Aug-17
Awesome for the 9 year old young man. I like how you have set up your blinds for bow hunting, sounds perfect. Forrest

11-Aug-17

DVS's embedded Photo
Another Happy Hunter
DVS's embedded Photo
Another Happy Hunter
We would like to Congratulate Murray Fain, from Canada, harvesting this magnificent Buffalo Bull. He was fortunate enough to successfully hunt his buffalo with a bow @ Dries Visser Safaris. The Cape buffalo is definitely not one of your easier animals to hunt in Africa. It doesn't matter if you walk-and-stalk, shoot from a blind or tree stand. They are intelligent, tuff and can be deadly when wounded and anybody who has hunted one before will tell you that pursuing one is not for the faint hearted.

11-Aug-17
Awesome bull. congratulations. Forrest

20-Aug-17

DVS's embedded Photo
Action at the Waterhole!
DVS's embedded Photo
Action at the Waterhole!
Never a dull moment at the waterhole! A very good shot by Jeff Olson on this Blue Wildebeest. Can you spot where the arrow went? And the poor warthog got so confused by all the action happening at once that he nearly had a head on collusion with the incoming traffic! Love Africa!!

25-Aug-17

DVS's embedded Photo
Nothing quite as beautiful as a African Sunset!
DVS's embedded Photo
Nothing quite as beautiful as a African Sunset!
Nothing quite as beautiful as a African Sunset, in the heart of the "Bushveld". Ending off a perfect day of hunting with a ice cold beer, next to the warmth of a crackling campfire! If you have experienced it, you know exactly what I am talking about!

25-Aug-17
What a sable!!!

31-Aug-17

DVS's Link
A great hunt with Randy. He managed to hunt some great trophies! Great things come to those hunters who has patience! Well done Randy...and we can not wait to see what 2018's hunting season will deliver for you!

31-Aug-17
Great pictures. What kind in wildebeest is at the water hole, is it an old colored bule?

31-Aug-17
Definitely a blue. Maybe he was rolling in the dust?

What a great pic of the Sable!

31-Aug-17
The light colored wildebeest is a golden which is a very expensive color variation and considered Royal Game.

31-Aug-17
Thanks guys. Definitely a beautiful animal. What is ment by Royal Game.

01-Sep-17

DVS's embedded Photo
Patricio Sada with Golden Wildebeest
DVS's embedded Photo
Patricio Sada with Golden Wildebeest
Blackbear62; are you referring to the wildebeest in the post of 20 August? If yes, that is a Golden wildebeest bull. Here is a picture of a bull hunted this year.

01-Sep-17
Thanks. the golden are beautiful animals..

04-Sep-17
That sable Randy shot in the video is simply awesome. Anyone know what it scored? I understand Dries had been breeding record book sable for some time and that is proof right there! Nice job.

07-Sep-17

DVS's embedded Photo
Another magnificent animal hunted by Jose Nader at DVS 2017
DVS's embedded Photo
Another magnificent animal hunted by Jose Nader at DVS 2017
Thank you to AZ~Rich; At the end of the day, the only thing left after your hunt is the footage, photo's and the Trophy on the wall. So capturing our Hunters experience, is very important to us. We had a few Sable hunts this year, another very nice Sable was hunted by our Mexican friend Jose Nader. Any guesses on the size of this one? And for those who wanted to know what size Randy's Sable measured: 42 4/8 !

07-Sep-17

AZ~Rich's embedded Photo
June 19 2017
AZ~Rich's embedded Photo
June 19 2017
The tighter curl is deceiving as it appears shorter, but I'll say it's around 42 as well?

Want to guess on mine from this Summer?

08-Sep-17
A very nice Sable AZ~Rich, and I would say that the left horn was probably 42 7/8 and the right horn 43 2/8? Am I right??

Jose's Sable was 42 and 42 3/8! Doesn't matter the horn length, a Sable stay's a Beautiful antelope!!

08-Sep-17
Ahhh ...you cheated! Dries measured it last week. :-). Yes you're right it really doesn't matter as they are magnificent; but it's fun to challenge ones judging abilities.

15-Sep-17

DVS's embedded Photo
Dr Terry Holder Sable
DVS's embedded Photo
Dr Terry Holder Sable
I thought I would share our latest Sable photo. Seeing that you guys appreciate African Plains game! Dr Terry Holder really did a great job hunting this Sable 3 hours before he had to leave for the airport!

15-Sep-17
What an outstanding Sable, in my opinion the most beautiful of all the antelope. When I finally make my first trip across the pond, a sable will be the #1 animal on my list!

15-Sep-17
Man, I'm not sure I've ever seen a pic of a sable, those are awesome!

15-Sep-17
That sure is a beauty!

16-Sep-17
When a sable comes in to the waterhole, you instantly know who's boss. Beautiful animals and they make an awesome pedestal mount.

17-Sep-17
Thanks guys. Definitely a beautiful animal. What is ment by Royal Game.

17-Sep-17
Royal game means it takes a "king's ransom" to pay the trophy fee.

It a "royal flush" on the wallet!!

22-Sep-17

DVS's embedded Photo
We do what we love and love what we do!
DVS's embedded Photo
We do what we love and love what we do!
These are one of those photo's that needs no description! The essence of Bowhunting...another day in Africa!!

03-Oct-17

DVS's Link
It's always nice to share a newbies First Time to Africa's experience. We sometimes forget how privilege we are having access to all of these awesome game. Well done Cody Danner from Texas, you did great!!

11-Oct-17

DVS's embedded Photo
Black Wildebeest
DVS's embedded Photo
Black Wildebeest
DVS's embedded Photo
Golden Wildebeest
DVS's embedded Photo
Golden Wildebeest
DVS's embedded Photo
Blue Wildebeest
DVS's embedded Photo
Blue Wildebeest
Have a look at Jerry Barth's Wildebeest TRIO he managed to harvest in one hunt. Was very exciting!

23-Oct-17

DVS's Link
For those who haven't see our October Newsletter! Have a look!

03-Nov-17

DVS's embedded Photo
New Profile photo on Dries Visser Safaris Facebook Page
DVS's embedded Photo
New Profile photo on Dries Visser Safaris Facebook Page
Go check out some great trophies hunted during our 2017 hunting season on our Facebook page as well. We just updated one of our profile photo's, just follow the magnificent KUDU photo!

23-Nov-17

DVS's embedded Photo
DVS's embedded Photo
All the way, from the heart of Africa!!

• Sitka Gear