Jethro 01-Aug-17
Bowfreak 01-Aug-17
HDE 01-Aug-17
INDBowhunter2 01-Aug-17
bucman 01-Aug-17
hoyt-6190 01-Aug-17
Pyrannah 01-Aug-17
01-Aug-17
I have noticed recently my Hoyt Vector Turbo 32 has developed a buzzing. It started around the time I put a new quiver on my bow, so thinking something may be lose on my quiver I took it off and it seemed to shoot fine. Come back out this evening and the Buzz has returned I tightened my cam screw and made sure everything else is tight and it is. I can tap my limbs and the buzzing seems to come from the cam. Is it the bearings? Can they be taken out and greased? I have read other threads on here that have done that. Any input would be great, Thanks!

01-Aug-17
The bearings are sealed. I can't imagine something buzzing from the cams unless their is a gap between spacers and a spacer is buzzing or a loose cir clip? Noises are hard to track down so I wouldn't rule out the noise coming from another location.

01-Aug-17
I have it too on a 2013 Spyder 34. I'm convinced it is the bearings have lost their lube. Even though they are sealed some internet research shows it does occur. I have had mine to the shop and of course couldn't get it to buzz so they didn't really believe me. After returning home from shop, buzzing started. At this point, I am not doing anything about it till after the season.

01-Aug-17
Jethro, That's kinda WhT I've concluded too. My bow is shooting well just not sure how much damage can be done if left until season is over.

01-Aug-17
I have heard it as well. My son has a Powermax that just started doing it. Haven't tried to do anything about it yet.

01-Aug-17
Sometimes it's as simple as the C Clips that hold the cam axles in. Dab them with bowstring wax and that will silence them immediately. Hopefully your issue is as minor as this.

01-Aug-17
I checked on the c or e clips and they are all snug

01-Aug-17
My clips are all tight. I know the bearing is still working fine I saw the cam spinning freely when they put my new string on. If I could have convinced them to take the cam off and tap it I bet they could have heard it.

After the season (provided nothing blows up) I will insist on new cams or bearings if that is possible, and get it fixed.

01-Aug-17
That is a new one on me. I have owned numerous Hoyts and have never had a bearing buzz. I did have one fail many years ago though on a used bow I bought.

01-Aug-17
Take your sight off and see it it is still there. Sometimes the buzzing comes from the light gathering fiber for the pin in the housing.

01-Aug-17
It's the cam bearings more than likely. You can pull the seal and put some lithium grease on the ball bearings and it will stop for awhile. Almost every Hoyt I have owned has done this. Not sure it affects performance or not.

01-Aug-17
It definitely sounds like bearings to me. They are warrantied, but most of the time the cams need to b sent to Hoyt. I don't know if it causes problems with accuracy, but I've always recommended they be replaced if the bow is under warranty. Some people told me they noticed a difference in accuracy when they begin "buzzing", others said they didn't notice anything other than the sound.

01-Aug-17
If it affects accuracy I have yet to see it. My group at 70 last night was 4".

01-Aug-17
its the bearings, sent mine in for warranty work came back with replacements, buzz gone.

i talked with lancaster archery, they said it is fairly common

• Sitka Gear