Linecutter 04-Aug-17
tradmt 04-Aug-17
Topgun 30-06 04-Aug-17
Drop Tine 04-Aug-17
stealthycat 04-Aug-17
wyobullshooter 04-Aug-17
stealthycat 04-Aug-17
02-Aug-17
https://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2017/08/01/court-rules-obama-decision-remove-gray-wolf-protections-wolf-hunting-now-illegal/

02-Aug-17

Brotsky's Link
Elkman's link

02-Aug-17

Fulldraw1972's Link
It's not good news but I think it only affects the Great Lakes region.

I know congress is working on a bill to get them off pernantely but don't know where it stands.

02-Aug-17
That was a terrible article saying it was all of the lower 48 when it actually affects only the Great Lakes states. Whomever wrote that should go back to school and learn proper reporting skills!

02-Aug-17

Drop Tine's Link
While we in the Midwest have been forced to take a step backwards in getting wolves delisted. There was a lot of good that came from the ruling and we have a clear path now to get them delisted.

02-Aug-17
I'd contact F&G to get the truth. Horses mouth seems to be the only reliable source these days.

03-Aug-17
Thats what I was thinking. It said the lower 48, but then it only had facts pertaining to the great lakes region.

04-Aug-17
listed/unlisted/relisted ... if wolves are a problem in your area, kill them when you get the chance

simple

legal doesn't mean right/wrong, way too often its just something someone passed in a room 2,000 miles away

04-Aug-17
Well, with the low numbers of deer the north woods I don't see what the wolves are going to eat? There have been some sightings of moose in northern Wisconsin in the last few years but with the wolf issue I don't see moose gaining a foot hold. Hard to believe that the DNR doesn't explain carrying capacity to the courts, you would think this would be a slam dunk as far as controlling the numbers and having sensible conservation in place. Now, it seems that the control factor will be by the individuals out there who just take shots when the opportunity presents itself, and with the lack of Rangers there is no way they can control the poaching of the wolves. Will be interesting where the numbers go in the future.

04-Aug-17
Well, with the low numbers of deer the north woods I don't see what the wolves are going to eat? There have been some sightings of moose in northern Wisconsin in the last few years but with the wolf issue I don't see moose gaining a foot hold. Hard to believe that the DNR doesn't explain carrying capacity to the courts, be issue it would be a slam dunk as far as controlling the numbers and having sensible conservation in place, now it seems that the control factor will be by the individuals out there who just take shots when the opportunity presents itself. With the lack of Rangers there is no way they can control the poaching of the wolves. Will be interesting where the numbers go in the future.

04-Aug-17
Yep if you don't like something just poach it!

04-Aug-17
Drop Tine, there was a clear path to begin with and you see what happen to that path. The only path organizations like PETA, HSUS want is the path that ends with no hunting period. They will do what ever it takes to make that the only path there is. DANNY

04-Aug-17
It's too bad that so many people just can't grasp the realities of the natural world. Sound, science based, wildlife management is what is going to be beneficial for all involved.

04-Aug-17
From: stealthycat 04-Aug-17listed/unlisted/relisted ... if wolves are a problem in your area, kill them when you get the chance simple---legal doesn't mean right/wrong, way too often its just something someone passed in a room 2,000 miles away

That is pure BS and any hunter that posts that, especially out on a hunting website like this, should be banned for publicly advocating that people break the law!

04-Aug-17
But it's the courts and law makers that set policies rather than the wildlife biologists.

04-Aug-17
Topgun 30-06 I don't normally advocate such a thing, but look at the damages wolves are doing as well as other idiot G&F moves. These laws and what is legal and not changes all the time depending on what Govt officials rule from a desk 2,000 miles away. Yellowstone - isn't the numbers like 90% decline in elk and moose and deer since the wolves? Fantastic for sportsman so visitors can hear a wolf howl huh ?

here in Arkansas, we started seeing wild hogs about 10 years back in the south part, maybe 5-7 in the north.

AG&F has basically protected those wild, non native hogs in every WMA, national forest etc.

If people / hunters would kill everyone they saw, legal or not, we'd have a MUCH better chance of killing these damn things out. Abiding by what the AG&F says is going to soon seen our native wildlife suffer greatly.

legal doesn't equal right and wrong or ethical or moral. If wolves are such a massive problem, SSS which is what many have said over the years in reference to grizzly and bears - sportsman and hunters can deal with the problems if the G&F ignore it and if political correctness gets in the way or management

sorry if that though process offends anyone, I'm not as politically correct as I use to be

04-Aug-17
Topgun, I would agree with your sentiments in most circumstances. Wolves...not so much. I understand the frustration of those like stealthy. There comes a point when you get tired of something getting shoved up your arse and told "just shut up and take it". If wolf "control" was based on science and biology, that would be one thing. When it's based on nothing more than politics, and the other side doesn't play fair and nice, then that's quite another.

If my brother told me he poached an elk, moose, deer, or antelope, I'd be the first to turn him in. If he told me he shot a wolf in an area he shouldn't have, I'd give him a hug and say "good job"! Double standard? Absolutely. Am I conflicted by that double standard? Absolutely not.

04-Aug-17
you put it better than I did

I live in Arkansas, our wolves right now are wild hogs.

If I could rewind time, I'd go kill every elk the A&G brought to Arkansas and save us the CWD disaster we have right now too.

• Sitka Gear