Brotsky 02-Aug-17
t-roy 02-Aug-17
Mac 03-Aug-17
BC173 03-Aug-17
Russell 04-Aug-17
Alaska at heart 04-Aug-17
02-Aug-17
Gentlemen-

I'm looking at getting my own equipment. What equipment do you find essential for your home archery shop? What brand would you buy and why? I've done a bunch of research, but as with everything there are a good variety of items out there. I'm trying to avoid buying a bunch of stuff I won't need.

Some of the items I'm already set on purchasing are: - Bitz jig - Cabela's Arrow Saw (8000 RPM) - LCA Press

Some of the items I'm considering are: - OPM Bow Vise - Nock Pliers - Bow Scale? - Draw Board? - Hex Wrench Set? - Bow Square?

Thanks for your insight.

Jeremy

02-Aug-17
Here's what I have:

LCA EZ Green Press LCA Draw Board (attaches right to the press, very slick but kind of overpriced) LCA Bow Vise Weston Arrow Saw 8,000 RPM AZ Mini fletch

Tools, etc: Nocking pliers/D Loop pliers, Hex and Torx wrench sets, bow square, Bow scale, various tape measures, serving material, loop material, glues, waxes, arrow squaring device, arrow stripper, arrow spinner, serving jig, and a partridge in a pear tree.

02-Aug-17

Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
Don't waste your money on a bow vise, 20 bucks from harbor freight. It will do anything you need.

02-Aug-17
Brotsky x2

02-Aug-17
I have an Apple bow press, Apple bow vice, bow square, bow square rest alignment tool, hex wrenches, nocking pliers, D-loop nocking pliers, arrow saw, bitz jig, jo-jan multi fletcher, arrow roller broadhead alignment tester, and more, and lots more for sharpening broadheads and knives. I also made a frame to hold paper for tuning.

02-Aug-17
How far in advance do I have to schedule an appointment, Brotsky!?

02-Aug-17
You bring the beer and you don't need an appointment T-roy!

02-Aug-17
Deal ;-)

03-Aug-17
Electronic grain scale

03-Aug-17
I have all the above. My brother and I even bought our own jig, and have been building our own strings for years. I haven't been in a "archey shop", in years.

04-Aug-17

Russell's Link
Upgraded from a plastic arrow level to a quality one form VanHandle.

04-Aug-17
I have been involved in archery for over 40 years, so the basis of my equipment was gathered over time. The first 30+ years was with trad gear, so I have a lot of hand tools and such that are not quite as useful on a compound. However when I switched to compounds several years ago, I began to slowly do my own work and added much of what Brotsky listed, but different brands:

My nephew taught me a lot about bow tuning by using a Bow Tune/Time Machine press, which has a built in draw board feature. In addition, it is built to use upright rather than horizontal, which takes up a lot less space and is easier to use than a typical inline press. That is two for one in both cost and function.

There is a fellow on Archery Talk that goes by the user name of "spewing Jason" that makes a really nice bench press. I bought an early model and it works great. in additon, a Weston arrow cutoff saw; arrow spine tester; 2 Bitzenberger fletching jigs.

"Tools, etc: Nocking pliers/D Loop pliers, Hex and Torx wrench sets, bow square, bow scale, grain scale for arrows, various tape measures, serving material, loop material, glues, waxes, arrow squaring device, arrow stripper, arrow spinner, serving jig, but sadly no "partridge in a pear tree"......does mourning doves in a sycamore tree count?

• Sitka Gear