bad karma 04-Aug-17
Redheadtwo 04-Aug-17
wyobullshooter 04-Aug-17
Bowfreak 04-Aug-17
TD 04-Aug-17
RogBow 04-Aug-17
RogBow 04-Aug-17
02-Aug-17
Hey guys ive been shooting scott releases for awhile and they have given me some bad TP with how light there triggers are, ive been looking at the like mike release and like the trigger placement vs being forward like all the other wrist straps also the weight you can put on the trigger. Looking for some more feed back on it from those that hunt with it or have used it. I have a scott talon that might be up for trade if I can find a willing trader. Thanks again everyone who responds

02-Aug-17
like mike is the best release i have tried and the trigger is rock solid.

i dont shoot it with my finger but activate it with back tension.

good luck, buy one, and dont look back!

02-Aug-17
A new release will only be a temporary fix. Listen to this.http://www.grittybowmen.com/gritty-podcasts-blog/2016/8/9/episode-153-iron-mind-hunting-with-joel-turner

03-Aug-17
I like the lucky. Pretty much the like mike but a smaller head. Carter makes the best index releases hands down! Hamskea Droptine is another good one but believe they are discontinuing the releases

03-Aug-17
I'm breaking in a Like Mike, just ordered a second and really like it. Trigger can be adjusted in 1 oz increments up to 5#. It seems to be built really well.

03-Aug-17
It's a truly great release..... but make sure you don't get a bunch of sand and grit in it belly crawling up to shoot an animal..... like most any release I guess... but it will ruin your day.... 18 yards, quartering away.... wouldn't go off.... can still see it when I close my eyes.....

03-Aug-17
Absolutely love mine. Zero creep on the trigger

03-Aug-17
For $170 it should shoot the arrow for you and then field dress whatever it was you shot...8^)

Amazing...

03-Aug-17
High quality ain't cheap. It's a great release. Double sear so the pull is the same no matter the holding weight. The trigger is so crisp......like breaking glass.

03-Aug-17
How does it compare to the carter lucky they look identical minus the length of the head

03-Aug-17
midwest+1

I shot the Like Mike for a couple years and it's certainly a quality release. However I prefer a shorter head and now use the Rx1. Whichever Carter release you go with, you can't go wrong...they're that good and worth every penny.

03-Aug-17
like mike is the best release i have tried and the trigger is rock solid.

i dont shoot it with my finger but activate it with back tension.

good luck, buy one, and dont look back!

03-Aug-17
I disagree with almost everyone, I didn't care for the Like Mike and prefer a Scott Rhino.

04-Aug-17
Had a friend looking on line for a rhino the other day to replace the older one he had...... they have totally changed them, not anything like the release he had. They had a new model out, a "talon" I think that looked more like his rhino. But the rhino (if you could find one) was different.

04-Aug-17
I've shot Scott releases for many years. That said, the lack of trigger tension adjustment definitely promotes target panic (which I have). Bought a Like Mike this past spring and my accuracy has greatly improved. The Scott releases are just not capable of producing the "surprise" shot necessary to control target panic. I do wish the caliper head on the Like Mike was smaller.

04-Aug-17
I've shot it and didn't like it as well as the Hamskea Drop Tine. Nice release but Drop Tine fit the bill for me personally.

04-Aug-17
The Scott Rhino has plenty of trigger tension adjustment, it comes with three different springs to suit your shooting preferences.

04-Aug-17
The posts about the Scott Rhino got me curious so I went to the Scott release website to check it out. It's not listed and the only string loop release listed is the Talon that TD mentioned. Hopefully for you Rhino fans the Talon is pretty much the same release with a new name.

04-Aug-17
I have shot a Like Mike for several years. Darn good release, no problems at all.

04-Aug-17
Carter releases are better than Scott releases,hands down.

04-Aug-17
Redhead, couldn't agree more. Like comparing a Volkswagen to a Maserati. In other words, there is no comparison. And yes, I shot a Rhino before I switched to Carter.

04-Aug-17
Love Carter releases. Whatever you choose from them is good.

My daughter has a Rhino DR and it is a great release. She shoots the heaviest spring. The Rhino XT is not like any other Scott I've had my hands on.

04-Aug-17
Scott makes a pretty good wrist strap though...... it's what Carter uses for the Like Mike.....

The older Rhino my friend had was a head with adjustable rod fixed to a swivel that attached to the wrist strap. Apparently the "newer" Rhino lost the rod and redesigned to an adjustable strap to the head similar to the Like Mike, the Talon uses the rod similar to the older Rhino. We found a couple places that still had the (newer) Rhino, but most only had the Talon.

04-Aug-17

RogBow's Link
TD I saw one on Amazon

04-Aug-17
I prefer the strap model though for reduced loop torque.

• Sitka Gear