Castle Oak 04-Aug-17
Scar Finga 04-Aug-17
wild1 04-Aug-17
Heat 04-Aug-17
Pigsticker 04-Aug-17
BigEze 04-Aug-17
LKH 04-Aug-17
03-Aug-17
So I am curious, what do you do to stop chafing and even heat rash from working out, hunting or hiking? I have tried underarmor heat gear underwear, cotton (I Know) and am now considering going commando... TMI??? What do you do to be comfortable?

Thanks,

Scar... Not from chafing:/

03-Aug-17
Do you mean chaffing between your thighs or the chaffing/funk that can develop at the inside very top of your legs between them and your junk?

03-Aug-17
Gotta do whatever it takes to keep that area cool and dry.

Heat and moisture are the enemy. Could lead to jock itch ... a fungal infection. Avoid allowing your underwear to trap moisture. When they do .... change out.

03-Aug-17
Exoficio give n go briefs took care of me.

03-Aug-17
I wipe down and powder it when I can as a preventive. Wipe and powder it before I sleep and make sure it is able to "air out" while you are sleep. If the funk/itch starts it can be a pain to get it to go away on the mountain. I carry a small tube of jock itch cream to use in case it starts.

03-Aug-17
Duluth Buck Naked briefs..... I've had em for several yrs.. wicks moisture away, keeps ya cool ..... ain't the cheapest stuff, but feels good .......

03-Aug-17
That's Boxers, not briefs...... Sorry..

03-Aug-17
Synthetic boxer briefs. Longer form fitting. Under armor and a whole lot of others make them.

03-Aug-17
"Weatherproof Cool-Last" boxers from Cabela's. I had the same problem and these fixed everything. I'm pretty sure anything synthetic and tighter fitting will do the trick but those are the most comfortable ones I've found.

03-Aug-17
Body glide. I use it for running marathons. No chafing.

03-Aug-17
Gold bond powder. In the spray can is less messy. Like having an air conditioner pointed at the boys. Ditch cotton boxers or tighty whiteys. Go with synthetic under armour style boxer briefs. Don't know exactly which ones i have, but they were the answer to my prayers.

03-Aug-17
Ex Officio boxer briefs and gold bond powder. If it gets real bad, diaper rash cream. Wearing rain gear and hiking hard can really cause a problem. Ugghhh!

03-Aug-17
Merino wool boxers, synthetic boxers and another vote for BG and GB

03-Aug-17
Thanks Guys, no jock itch per se, just chaffing from clothes and moisture. I am gonna look at the body glide and GB powders.

Thanks,

Scar.

03-Aug-17
The cabelas cool last are on sale now. $20/3, not bad for any undie these days.

BCM..How tight do they run?

03-Aug-17
compression shorts like one would use during workouts. i wear them elk hunting and they work great. they also keep my junk from getting hung up in the treadmill belt while working out as a bonus.

03-Aug-17
Tell me about it KY! I hate when the belt drags it all the way around the other end, happened to me once right before I wrassled a grizzly off my fox squirrel kill.

03-Aug-17
KY/ Ohio... that's actually what happened to me, I was just embarrassed to admit it... Butt, the real chaffing came from my viscous pit bull then grabbing it and playing tug of war with it while it was hung up in the treadmill:/

03-Aug-17
ohiohunter - They seem to fit pretty normal, I saw some reviews saying they were on the tight side but I've never thought so. I get mediums and I wear size 34 pants. Been wanting to try the First Lite Red Desert boxers that everyone talks about but $20 for 3 pairs of something that works is hard to beat

03-Aug-17
I go commando. Works great other than my junk flops around. You gotta watch how you set down or cross your legs when not wearing underwear. God Bless

03-Aug-17
WV,

I do that as well, just haven't while hunting... If I am packing meat (no pun intended) like a little support.

03-Aug-17
Synthetic material since dries fast and compresses. UA has compression shorts that keep everything nice and tidy up close to the body. Avoid cotton. Cotton kills.

Wash the shorts and socks after each wearing so the salt from sweat is removed or the jagged salt crystals will saw into you. Same for unwashed socks. I take two pair minimum so one is ready to wear while am washing and waiting for the other pair to dry. Body Glide on inside of thighs. Wet wipes to stay clean. Gold Bond for relief. If I feel a hot spot on the thighs, I stop and put on more Body Glide. If is on my feet, I stop and put a small bit of duck tape directly on the dry skin that is becoming a hot spot. If wait until get a rash or blister, that is not healing until days after the hunt ends.

03-Aug-17
I have to admit, the buck naked underwear from Duluth is some great underwear for active folks. They do run some great sales on it frequently. They are all my son wears now.

And to add, the boar hide slip on shoes are the absolute BEST work shoes I have ever owned.

03-Aug-17
Don't forget your MonkeyButt powder...

I s'pose the 2017-"manscaping" thread is up next...?

03-Aug-17
There should be a special forum for this, the TMI forum!!!

Jeeze guys...get a room or something!

03-Aug-17
Does Dolly Parton go around without a bra?... well I don't go around commando.....The only time I get raw Is when I'm also getting a little "thick", I call it chub rub, for me the cure is Adidas Climalite underwear, Desitin diaper rash cream and losing a little weight.

03-Aug-17
Anti-Monkey Butt powder.

I got the nasty itch 2 years ago at Scout camp (was there almost a week in humid , heat.), that was the only thing that would stop the itch

When I used to run and hike a lot it was Vaseline in between the toes, mole skin for the mega blisters on a 11 day elk hunt.

03-Aug-17
Body Glide - swear by it! I'm a forester and in the woods more than most - we call it getting galded. Dang sure miserable but a little body glide and no worries.

Lee

03-Aug-17
Scar, in order to retain some humility I will refrain from telling the story about how I helped save a family on the fourth floor from a fire by them repelling down to safety.

04-Aug-17
I use plain old Corn Starch. Old school. Works great on the chaffed areas and fills my wind indicator bottle too.

04-Aug-17
I walk 12+ miles a day in Oklahoma. I used to go through lots of different powders, and have tried several brands of underwear. Now I just buy SAXX Quest 2.0 and have never needed powder since. They are not cheap but they have a ball park pouch that’s keeps everything separated and cooler. IMO best thing since sliced bread.

04-Aug-17
If you have sweet gum trees in your area take a hand full of leaves and put in your back pocket. Works every time. Old carpenter told me this years ago. Been doing it ever since.

04-Aug-17
In the Army we used to say go free balling! I never had this problem and I never had to use chamois butter when do century rides on the bike. I always thought the best way to combat this was to lose weight.

04-Aug-17
Another vote for body glide. I've been using it for years and I never chaff. I also wear compression shorts.

04-Aug-17
I just ordered some body glide, so we will see how it works.

Thanks.

04-Aug-17
There's "treatment" and there's "prevention." Diaper rash cream will not prevent it, but it will sooth it and get rid of it after a day or two of misery. To prevent it in the first place, body glide, gold bond, or the old, reliable Vaseline will work perfectly before you begin your hike. I also wear ex-officio or REI brand boxer briefs. Good luck!

04-Aug-17
I wear UA Heat Gear and Duluth Buck Naked boxer briefs. Never once had an issue with chaffing with these.

04-Aug-17
Jeezo peat, are we clueless! Knock some fat off your and hump! It is not like we are humping them dry and need power glide!

04-Aug-17

BigEze's embedded Photo
BigEze's embedded Photo
Use daily.

04-Aug-17
Monkey Butt powder. I even pack some in a small ziplock bag.

• Sitka Gear