Ambush 05-Aug-17
Ermine 05-Aug-17
jstephens61 05-Aug-17
DartonJager 05-Aug-17
spike78 05-Aug-17
DartonJager 05-Aug-17
05-Aug-17
Hey All,

I am going on an exotic sheep hunt in the middle of August and want to get some opinions on what are good broadheads out there. I also may run into some wild boars out there and if I do I'll probably take a shot so I need something that is also good for them as well. I have heard a lot of back and forth about mechanical vs fixed and just wanted to get some good opinions from some seasoned hunting vets. Thanks for the advice!

Taylor

05-Aug-17
If the weather tends to be windy, I would consider using the Rage Hypodermic BH.

You can always carry one arrow with strong fixed blade for the hog, but the Rage does well.

05-Aug-17
Another vote for WASP and Magnus Stinger

05-Aug-17

Russell's Link
Just watched the review on the Slick Vipertrick. Very impressive.

Got me thinking.

05-Aug-17
Exodus is the best head I have used as far as fixed, wouldn't use anything other than a mech on deer and bear sized game, only advantages to a mech on game this sized!

05-Aug-17
What are you using now and what game animals have you killed with it?

Draw length, draw weight, arrow weight???

05-Aug-17
Iron Will broadheads are pretty awesome! Very well built and will last you a lifetime

Ramcat is another head that's nice. Shoots very accurate and cuts a giant hole

05-Aug-17
Switched to the ViperTrick a couple years ago and have been impressed. Great flight and drops deer quickly. Not sure about blood trails, nothing has went more than 25 yards.

05-Aug-17
I have used Wasp SST 3 and 4 bladed BH's to kill 11 deer now and they have performed superbly. TONS of great fixed blade BH's out there BUT the reasons I chose WASP was because by accident I have shot them into and most times THROUGH tin garbage cans, 55 gallon steel drums, old abandoned tires, trees and even a cinder block and never once did a single head fail, come apart or even loose a single blade. They also were easy to get to spin well, tune and fly great. Lastly their blades are hair popping scary sharp.

05-Aug-17
Darton, you shot through all those by accident? Damn, you are a terrible shot lol.

05-Aug-17
More bad judgment than bad shooting. Shooting at 50-60 yards while simulating extremely difficult shooting situations and positions to mimic what I might encounter while elk hunting and using tin garbage cans, steel drums and tires to support my home made foam target. The Wasp SST went threw both sides of the tin garbage can and remained 100% intact. Went threw one side of the 55 gallon drum and the tip made it threw the other side and was stopped by the blades. After 30+ years of bow hunting and using fixed blade BH's 100% of the time, I have come to believe that fixed blade BH choice comes down to three things: #1-Bomb-proof durability #2-Forgiving flight characteristics #3-Hair popping scary sharp. After trying and using fixed blade BH's from Rocky Mtn., NAP, Innerlock, Muzzy, Slick tricks, and 3 others who's names all escape me, I use and prefer Wasp above all others because FOR ME they without doubt have never failed me and have always met my above listed criteria.

• Sitka Gear