Medicinemann 06-Aug-17
bdfrd24v 07-Aug-17
RutnStrut 07-Aug-17
Bowhuntingboy 14-Aug-17
t-roy 14-Aug-17
t-roy 14-Aug-17
t-roy 14-Aug-17
06-Aug-17
Just clipped the tops off my clover friday. May need to spray grass yet? Lots of deer using it as well as some turkeys. Rained friday night & yesterday bout 2 inches. Soon as it dries enough, will be working ground to plant wheat, beans, radishes and a few turnips. Deer haven't really figured out the turnips yet, hardly touch them. Will be the only green field in a two mile radius.

06-Aug-17
The fun part of the season. Looking good Pat.

06-Aug-17

drycreek's embedded Photo
One plot of I/C peas
One plot of I/C peas
Same property, creek bottom plot July 19. It still looks this good. Note exclusion cage
Same property, creek bottom plot July 19. It still looks this good. Note exclusion cage
Meanwhile, on a property with more deer and less natural browse...........
Meanwhile, on a property with more deer and less natural browse...........
Your beans look great Pat ! My peas on one place are still really nice, on a couple others the deer have eaten them up though.

My WINA clover plot was looking great until two weeks of 95+ temps burned the heck out of it. We had three inches of rain Thursday and more in next weeks forecast so maybe they will bounce a bit before fall. Caught some of these nasty bastages in it Friday pm and managed to cap two before they escaped.

06-Aug-17

bdfrd24v's embedded Photo
The tall brow time guy has me really excited.
bdfrd24v's embedded Photo
The tall brow time guy has me really excited.
Your beans look excellent! Wish I could say the same. Super wet in PA his year and My deer have been mowing them over but the good news is I have some bucks to show for it.

06-Aug-17
Love those weed free beans! I really envy the fact that you can control your weeds with just roundup! Been a tough year for us here in Iowa. Still extremely dry in lots of the state. Hate to even mow the clover plots.

06-Aug-17
Pat has more foodplot equipment than Mattel has toys. Unfortunately, his addiction has now spread to others, myself included.

07-Aug-17
Pat. To say I'm excited for the season to start would be an understatement! I'm beyond thrilled for our farm here in PA.

Been having a lot of fun as a third year food plotter as well. Still jealous of those pretty beans, but I'll take a P&Y buck or two!

07-Aug-17
Pat, your beans look better than the ones the farmer running our neighbor's land is growing. The guy rents some of the most fertile ground in our part of WI, and he can hardly grow squat. I checked them last Friday when I put in a few fall plots on our land. His beans are barely shin high, and they aren't grazed off.

07-Aug-17
Looks great guys!

14-Aug-17
I planted oats and turnips and clover in spring. Oats were a waste, I planted way to early. But the turnips are HUUGE.The dead oats have given clover an oppurtunity to take their place. We didnt even spary glysophate and there are only a few weeds, due too the food plot getting a head start over the weeds. So spring planting turnips works. I will send pics in the coming weeks. Hopefully we get some big deer on camera. We have seen some big deer on our property before the plot.

14-Aug-17
Been challenging weather here in Iowa this year, to say the least. My riverbottom plot actually is doing fairly well, for no more rain than we've had. Got the brassicas put last week and got 3/10ths of rain right after planting them. Actually got another .4" early this morning as well. My other plots are a little rougher looking, but they could be worse!

14-Aug-17

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Forgot pic

14-Aug-17

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
A little different view

14-Aug-17
Looks great troy! The weather has been a challenge in MO as well.

• Sitka Gear