Hawkeye 13-Oct-18
INbowdude 14-Oct-18
Hawkeye 14-Oct-18
BOWNBIRDHNTR 15-Oct-18
Rth1229 15-Oct-18
06-Aug-17

Hawkeye's embedded Photo
Hawkeye's embedded Photo
Hello Bowsite, After nearly two years of writing—a book that means a great deal to me is nearing publication.

Crimson Arrows: A Bowhunting Odyssey, encompasses 25 years of adventures: from Florida to the Arctic Circle and Alaska to Africa. There are 27 chapters with over 120 color photos interspersed throughout, detailing numerous hunts and lessons learned over the past three decades. The book is compact and will easily fit in a daypack.

The inspirations for this book were my two boys—as I wanted them to one day understand my passions and what drove me into the fields and forests. My hope is that after reading this book, you are inspired to chase your dreams and pursue adventures of your own—no matter the endeavor.

Crimson Arrows is as much about chasing dreams as it is bowhunting.

In a world in which hunting and the outdoors are at a crossroads, I also hope it gives readers a better understanding of what we as bowhunters have come to cherish.

I was fortunate to have the individuals listed below preview the book, and I will attach their testimonials.

If you are interested in purchasing a copy directly from me, please send a PM or a note on this thread as I will be pre-ordering copies soon.

My publisher has informed me that Amazon and Barnes & Noble will also be carrying the book—with hardbound, paperback and Kindle versions available in September 2017.

Good luck this fall,

Eyad Yehyawi Iowa

06-Aug-17
Testimonials for Crimson Arrows

As editor for Bowhunter magazine, I read thousands of manuscripts, and above all I loved discovering a nugget among the dozens of new writers who submitted manuscripts. Eyad Yehyawi was one of those. From the beginning, he wrote well and exuded enthusiasm for bowhunting.

In his book, Crimson Arrows: A Bowhunting Odyssey, Yehyawi details his beginnings and growth as a bowhunter. He starts with whitetails and turkeys in his home state of Iowa and progresses to black bears, pronghorns, mule deer, elk, caribou, musk oxen, bison, and other species. All hunters can relate to his progression as a bowhunter and will find his stories compelling and fun to read.

-Dwight Schuh Former Editor, Bowhunter magazine and Member of the Bowhunters Hall of Fame

As a magazine editor, I appreciate quality writing skills and Eyad’s “got game” when it comes to expressing himself with the written word. His writing serves as a clear window into the mindset of a bowhunter who treasures every exhilarating aspect of the pursuit of big game with a bow and arrow, right down to the smallest detail. Whether you’re looking for escape, adventure, or simply a richer understanding of what we do and why, Crimson Arrows is definitely worth your time.

-Curt Wells, Editor, Bowhunter magazine

Eyad 'killed' it in this very personal, and very thoughtfully written book that every bowhunter should own. He describes 'perfectly' the essence of bowhunting through a series of hunting experiences and some close calls. I loved this book!

- Pat Lefemine, Founder, Bowsite.com Men have been telling hunting stories ever since we lived in caves. I thoroughly enjoyed this new book, full of one person’s love of adventure with a bow and arrow in hand. It proved to be very entertaining reading! I felt like I was right there with the author. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

-Gene Wensel, Brothers of the Bow

Crimson Arrows represents the spirit of bowhunting. By reading this book, you'll value where desire can take a person, and what it can help to accomplish. It's in this you'll glean the real beauty of what this book represents and means. It was meant to take you to one place, right into the heart of a bowhunter.

-Joe Bell, Author of Technical Bowhunting and Former Editor, Bow & Arrow Hunting magazine

Crimson Arrows is perhaps one of the most well-written and interesting books I have read for Dog Ear Publishing. The author has an incredible way of engaging the reader's senses such that you feel as if you are right there with him as he is bowhunting. I really felt both his emotions and the physical conditions based on his descriptive narrative. I really think this has potential for wide appeal as well—it's not just a story about bowhunting but about nature, animal behavior, and physical and psychological challenges. Really super book.

-Leslie Wilhelm Hatch Dog Ear Publishing Editor

06-Aug-17
this will be great congrats and thanks in advance for what I know will be a great read

06-Aug-17
Thanks guys. Really appreciate it:)

06-Aug-17
Awesome!

06-Aug-17
I think I have a black t-shirt with that euro rack:)

Congrats to you Eyad!

Pm sent! Best always! C

06-Aug-17
Congrats Sir ! It looks like you have the best of the best doing the reviews. I'm sure it will be a good read to take to my bow blind.

06-Aug-17
Congrats on bringing this endeavor to fruition, Eyad!

I'm looking forward to reading it while in the tree stand this fall. If it costs me a shot at a booner.....I have your number! ;-}

07-Aug-17
Congratulations! I'll be looking for it on Amazon.

07-Aug-17
Looking forward to reading it. CONGRATS!

07-Aug-17
I want one!

07-Aug-17
Bring it:) I love a good read! Let u know when it's available, and I will pick it up.

Good Luck,

Scar.

07-Aug-17
Looking forward to this read!

07-Aug-17
Can't wait to read this! Congrats

08-Aug-17
Going to be awesome, especially that Elk chapter! ;) congrats buddy!

10-Aug-17
I can't believe this is not at the top of the BS threads? May be the turnover but Eyad is a long timer here and one of the good guys. I am very excited to read his book. I congratulated him privately but want to say it here as well.

I hope your book does well but more importantly hope your children get a better understanding of who we are through it.

Congrats.

10-Aug-17
This will be a great read, from a guy who can communicate in only a way, passionate bow hunters understand.

Well done friend, another great accomplishment.

13-Aug-17
I learned a long time ago that when Eyad writes (Bowsite or a publication), it is a must read!!!

I know what I'm getting my bow hunting buddies and mentees for Christmas this year!

Look forward to reading it!

Mark

24-Sep-17
When will your book be available at Amazon?

24-Sep-17
Hi Mike. Ironically, the Kindle version came out two days ago and for some reason there was a small lag on the paperback and hardbound options.

They said in next couple days will be up on Amazon in all formats.

I'll post a link once it is up and really appreciate the support:)

26-Sep-17
Excellent! Thanks.

27-Sep-17
Thanks for bringing this back up Mike...

Looking forward to reading it Eyad!!!

Mark

27-Sep-17
I put in on my list on Amazon. I will pick it up as soon as its available

27-Sep-17
Thanks so much guys! I just saw that it is now available on Amazon in paperback, Kindle and hardcover.

The cost should be less on Amazon soon as not sure why listed so high but likely a glitch.

I will be placing a bulk order today from publisher for my family and any Bowsiter who wants one. Then I can ship to you priority:)

Any Bowsiter who wants one I can send to you for cost plus shipping. Any monetary gain can come from outside Bowsite and simply hearing your opinions and feedback would mean the world to me.

If you like it and tell others about it-that means more to me than any monetary gain I'd make in the short term.

Scott-the book encompasses 27 chapters; all of which are specific hunts or a series of hunts over 25 years.

However, they are written chronologically to include different times in my life and how Bowhunting was entwined with those events. From highschool when I started hunting, to college, grad school, loss of loved ones and kids.

Bowhunting has been a huge part of my life and given me so much in return. I did my best to tell those stories and perhaps give others a different look inside the world of bowhunting.

27-Sep-17
Just ordered it... looking forward to the read. Ed F

27-Sep-17
Neat, that will be on the birthday wish list!

03-Oct-17

Korey Wolfe's embedded Photo

03-Oct-17

03-Oct-17
Just placed my Christmas order for the "bow bros!"

Can't wait to read!

Mark

03-Oct-17
Just ordered mine!

03-Oct-17
Awesome!

03-Oct-17
Started reading it tonight. Eyad and I seem to have had a similar start. I am definitely going to be ordering a few copies for Christmas gifts.

04-Oct-17

INbowdude's embedded Photo
Wow! Just wow! Many thanks my friend.
Wow! Just wow! Many thanks my friend.
Wow! This is even better than I had anticipated! Big thanks to Eyad and I can't wait to start reading this book. His second book I believe.

04-Oct-17
Your welcome Mike and thanks for the support guys! Much appreciated:)

06-Oct-17
Got one on the way:)

07-Oct-17
Everybody buy a paperback (or hardback) and donate it to your local library, high school or middle school library or media center. I did.

09-Oct-17
Ordering mine today.

10-Oct-17
Cannot put it down -Great read.

10-Oct-17
Just received mine.....Great idea to donate to the local libraries as well as a gift....passing it on!!

Looking forward to digging in!

Mark

10-Oct-17
Buying mine and going to save for it my Coues deer hunt. 5 days in a blind, dawn to dark... LOOOOOONG DAAAAAYS!

10-Oct-17
Really looking forward to this read! You've always been one of my favorite contemporary bowhunting writers.

11-Oct-17
Put the check in the mail yesterday - anxious to get reading it. I have NEVER read while in the tree stand - as a matter of fact I've given my brother-in-law a lot of sh!t about him reading while hunting. I just might have to give it a try when I get my copy.

12-Oct-17
Just ordered mine on Kindle. So much easier to read on my phone in real low light conditions in a tree stand when im waiting on daylight. Really looking forward to this read!

12-Oct-17

Great book from a great hunter.
Great book from a great hunter.
I donated a book today to the local library in my home town. Here's the library director accepting Crimson Arrows by our very own Eyad!

12-Oct-17
That's means more to me than you know Mike.

Thank you:)

13-Oct-17

My 6th period government class is happy to have another hunting book for me to discuss!
My 6th period government class is happy to have another hunting book for me to discuss!
Well, then you really will like this!

13-Oct-17

The Danville Community High School Library Director receiving the new book from INbowdude.
The Danville Community High School Library Director receiving the new book from INbowdude.
This is the library director at the high school where I teach. She was very happy to have another hunting book to keep mine company. Or better yet, to be continuously checked out by younger hunters.

13-Oct-17
Wow! That's pretty cool Mike. Thank you for sharing:)

18-Nov-17
Just got done reading this book. Very well written and great pictures. Reading it is like being there with with Eyad on every hunt.

19-Nov-17
It is an excellent read. Truly captures the essence of what we do when it is well done.

21-Nov-17
I just finished reading Eyad's book last night. A few hunts I remember him sharing with us on Bowsite. While reading this book you will feel like you are on a live hunt with Eyad.

Every chapter is excellent but the final pages brought both a tear to my eye and a smile to my face. It is very obvious that Eyad "gets it"! If anyone is looking for a Christmas present for themselves or anyone who may enjoy hunting this would be an excellent choice!

Eyad, alias Hawkeye, is a great asset to Bowsite. Jeff

23-Nov-17
Very good read. Congrats Eyad.

23-Nov-17
Thanks guys! Really appreciate the kind words and support. If it wasn't for Bowsite-many of those adventures would never have happened:)

Happy Thanksgiving:)

23-Nov-17
I read the book to my 7yr old before bed he loves it.

29-Nov-17

Hawkeye's Link
I just saw this on-line today. The publishing house had a free-lance writer call about the book last month, but I hadn't heard anything since. It appears they released it to different press outlets so I'm pretty excited-hopefully more readers will give it a chance and open their eyes to bowhunting:)

30-Nov-17
Excellent! I can't wait to get my hands on this one, thanks for bringing this back up because I missed it the first few times!

30-Nov-17
This book is a wonderful collection of experiences. Eyad has done a remarkable job of covering the full-circle journey of the hunting experience. As a husband, father to young boys, and bowhunter I can relate to many of the scenarios described in this book. Eyad is truly an ambassador for our bowhunting passion & deserves many accolades on a job well done! I'm following suit with INbowdude's idea above and plan to purchase an additional copy to donate to the school library where my children attend.

30-Nov-17
Eyad, I know we have talked about this privately but I really want to give you a Bowsite shout out. Having tried to put my experiences in words and knowing how difficult it can be I am really impressed with your book!

Congrats again. Enjoy the family and good hunting.

Rick

15-Dec-17

Hawkeye's Link
Hi Guys. This article just came out in the Cedar Rapids Gazette today and was in the main Sports section. They have a fairly large following (40-50K subscribers) so I was really touched and excited they would run among the other sports.

When they called a couple weeks ago, I remember them asking me about what a bowhunters "effective" distance was in this day and age; I made a point to discuss the difference between practice vs ethics etc. Glad they touched on that and for those Bowsiters who have it I hope you have enjoyed the book. Your support means alot to me so thank you :) Happy Holidays!

15-Dec-17
Eyad, Im am about half way through your book as well. What a great read! All Of what Pinepoint and RickM said and so much more. You were able to put things into word to express feelings and emotions that are so tough to explain to anyone much less a non hunter. Great job man!

15-Dec-17
Another shout-out. Eyad expresses what we all feel but few can bring to life effectively in words. Its a great read.

15-Dec-17
Thanks guys!! Really appreciate the feedback and kind words. Seriously...thank you :)

15-Dec-17
It's an excellent read. It's among one of the better outdoor books I've read, and I have hundreds of hunting and fishing books on my bookshelves.

15-Dec-17
It solved me wondering what I was going to buy as a Christmas gift for some of my friends.....

15-Dec-17
Great read and stocking stuffer for my son

17-Dec-17
On my second read of the book. Funny how many details you pick up the second time around.

18-Dec-17
I just ordered it....

25-Dec-17
I just finished the Crimson Arrows book and loved it. Eyad is very talented at outdoor writing. His stories seem to put you right there with him. For such a young man he has a great understanding of what’s important in life and understands how important it is to follow your dreams. A fine read on many levels. C

25-Dec-17
Got my copy for Christmas. I'm looking forward to a good read.

25-Dec-17
My 68 year old brother that hates to read is on Chapter 10!

Rave reviews from all gift recipients!

Mark

26-Dec-17

EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
Thank you, Eyad! When I'm done reading, I'll be packaging it up and paying it forward.

26-Dec-17

BIG BEAR's embedded Photo
BIG BEAR's embedded Photo
Love it so far !!

26-Dec-17
Thanks guys!! Really appreciate it and Happy Holidays! :)

02-Jan-18
Hey, Why don't we help a Bowsite Brother out.....If you liked it, go on Amazon and write a review for Eyad....I just did!

Mark

02-Jan-18

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Up to chapter 12 so far. Great read so far, Eyad!

13-Feb-18
Eyad put together a great read! I just finished the book up here this past weekend. -Without "spoiling" anything here for our fellow Bowsite members it simply takes the reader through the best of times and worst of times hunting and in general life along Eyad's journeys across the globe hunting all kinds of animals in many environments. I could not set the book down and felt like by the time the book was completed I had shared a few campfires with Eyad. What was really neat about this book is that I was able to sit down and read several chapters to my son out loud and he too absolutely spounged every word up. Eyad has a talent with words and captures his audience well.

**Also, many great photos were captured along the way and lace this book. Only one missing was the sweatpants' hero shot!

13-Feb-18
Still waiting to read mine, saving it for the turkey blind this spring!

13-Oct-18
Finally got around to finishing the book. Great read. Well-written. Real bowhunting with nothing sensationalized or sugar-coated. I really enjoyed it. I highly recommend it. It's now on my desk between Dwight Schuh and Steven Rinella, 2 of my favorite authors.

13-Oct-18
Eyad hits it out of the park with this one.

13-Oct-18
Thank you Ike and Grant. Really appreciate hearing from you guys on Bowsite--means alot:)

There will be an Audible version out in December, so I'm looking forward to how that turns out. I don't believe there are any bowhunting books on Audible so hopefully it will open the eyes and ears of more listeners toward bowhunting.

14-Oct-18
Who's reading the stories? You? Ving Rhames? James Earl Jones?

14-Oct-18
Ha ha. James Earl never called me back....;) The publisher had a voice actor they picked and I tried it as well, but at the end of the day I went with the voice actor. I might do the Afterword but the inflections, pauses, and tones are much more difficult than I thought.

15-Oct-18
I've read the book and also got to listen to some demo's of the Audible version. I believe Eyad cuts himself a little short on his talents as a narrator but no matter what I'm sure the "listen" will be great, just like the "read".

15-Oct-18
I had the pleasure of reading this book last month on my moose hunt in Alaska while we were weathered in! Great read really really enjoyed it. Hope all is well Eyad!

• Sitka Gear