Charlie Rehor 27-Sep-17
Charlie Rehor 27-Sep-17
Rocking R 27-Sep-17
Forest bows 27-Sep-17
otcWill 27-Sep-17
07-Aug-17

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Dan Reardon has generously donated an Archery Elk Hunt to a Purple Heart recipient this coming September in SW Colorado. Between Iraq and Afghanistan over 50,000 men and woman have been wounded. The www.WWIAF.org assists the Hero Warriors in healing by arranging their "dream" hunting, fishing or outdoor experience. Derek's dream (see bio) is an Elk Hunt.

On the next post I will add a link to give specifically to Derek's incidentals on this hunt. License, transportation and other costs specific to this hunt. In the past Bowsite members have been very generous and it is greatly appreciated!

God Bless the Warrior Class, past, present and future!

07-Aug-17

Charlie Rehor's Link
Here is the link to donate specifically toward this hunt. www.WWIAF.org will send you a confirmation of donation and all proceeds will fund this specific hunt.

Any amount over $10. bucks will work and please post if you made a donation. THANKS!

07-Aug-17
Thank you for the info and link. I wish Derek a successful hunt. God bless.

07-Aug-17
Derek, thank you for your service from a fellow 12B. I hope you have a great hunt! Sappers lead the way!

07-Aug-17
Donation made

07-Aug-17
Donation submitted. Thanks for your service Derek...and enjoy the Rockies!

07-Aug-17
Derek, thank you for your service. Enjoy the adventure.

07-Aug-17
Done!

07-Aug-17
Thanks so much guys. Many of these Warriors join right after High school and feel the Patriotic/duty call. Imagine a country where no one felt this duty to serve? This will be a special hunt for Derek but it's cool because WE all will go along in support when we do the hunt report on Bowsite!! C

07-Aug-17
Good on Dan, good on you Charlie, and thank you for your service SSG Derek VanBuren ! Donation about to be made......

08-Aug-17
Just had a large donation made by a guy with the handle "Anonymous"! That is humbling!

The direct link to donate is on my second post above. Thanks Bowsite guys!

08-Aug-17
Super excited to meet Derek and spend some time with him in the woods. We will do everything we can to give him a great hunt. This is always the highlight of our guiding season. I know my guides can't wait to share some stories with him at elk camp.

Thank you everyone for your generous donations. I am always impressed by the generosity of the Bowsite community.

09-Aug-17

scott7030  's embedded Photo
scott7030  's embedded Photo
Derek is a great guy. He guided me to my first black bear just before leaving to serve our great country. Thank you Derek for your service and the great bear hunt.

Scott

09-Aug-17
Done! With company match.

19-Sep-17

Lone Cone and the American/ Colorado flag!
Lone Cone and the American/ Colorado flag!
I am with Derek now at Rockin R and we are fishing this am then start elk hunting tomorrow. Derek and I are very thankful to you guys for supporting his special archery hunt. Pics to follow. Wish us luck! C

19-Sep-17
Good luck Derek. Your are in good hands with Rocking R and Charlie! Have a great hunt!!!

19-Sep-17
Get'em boys!

19-Sep-17
Good luck men!

19-Sep-17
Good luck gentlemen! Good things happen to good people!

19-Sep-17
good luck to a fellow yooper! God bless, and thank you for your service!

19-Sep-17
Good luck Derek- Charlie is luckier than most- hope it rubs off. When I hunt with Charlie I not only learn a great deal I am almost always successful! John P

19-Sep-17
Thank you Derek for all you have done. Best of luck on your hunt!

20-Sep-17
Thank you for your service sir and good luck as well!

20-Sep-17
Good luck,from one vet to another. I am looking forward to following your hunt.

20-Sep-17
I've been to Rocking R twice, spent time with Dan and his guides, I've carried my bull elk off that very mountain, I've met the gentleman we know as Charlie, and I've done a WWIA bear hunt at our bear camp. Best of all I've met all these amazing people and the wounded warriors, that make this such a better world to live in collectively. Thank you all from Ron and Jeannine, Bear Track Outfitters.

23-Sep-17
Any update on this hunt?

23-Sep-17
First three days were 30 mph winds and today is pouring rain. We're giving it our all and enjoying the fellowship. C

23-Sep-17
It only takes 1 hunt. Be out there when the rain stops!!

23-Sep-17
heartwarming effort Charlie.

Looking forward to a report and pictures G

24-Sep-17
Good luck on Sunday looks like the best day in weeks. Thank you for your service Chuck

24-Sep-17
How's archery been so far at Rockin R? Any nice bulls taken?

Either way, good luck on the WW hunt. Thanks for your service

27-Sep-17

Dan on left, Derek in the middle and me on right.
Dan on left, Derek in the middle and me on right.
No elk for Derek but what a fun hunt with great Americans. I'll post some pictures of all the fun. Their were two other veterans in camp for this hunt. Matt, a Marine from the early 80's and Lou G, a Marine, F 18 fighter pilot who served off an Air Craft Carrier in Iraq in 2003. Derek actually earned two Purple Hearts during his Afghanistan tour. This sign is at the entrance to Dan's at Rockin R Ranch.

27-Sep-17

The rain Day 4:)
The rain Day 4:)
The first three days we had a steady 25 MPH wind so action was slow. Day 4 was rain but last day was great. Despite the bad weather Dan called in three different Spikes to Derek and we had close encounters with two really good bulls but got busted by cows at 120 yards.

27-Sep-17

Here is Dan and Derek in a meadow at the base of Lone Cone.

27-Sep-17
sounds like you had a good time. thanks for your service Derek.

27-Sep-17

Snowed the last day.
Snowed the last day.
More than 20 of you guys contributed to Derek's hunt and all incidentals were covered. THANKS Bowsite guys!

Also a special thanks to Dan Reardon at Rockin R who donated the elk hunt to Derek.

27-Sep-17

Here's what 800 calories looks like
Here's what 800 calories looks like
We were treated to fantastic meals and the deserts were pretty good too:)

27-Sep-17

Sitka Gear donated a complete outfit to Derek for his hunt. This means so much to these Warriors and a special thanks to Sitka. Always a class act company doing great things

27-Sep-17

L to R: Derek (WW). Rob Guide, Dan and Lou (Retired F18 Fighter pilot.

All bonded by the flight of the arrow!

27-Sep-17

Derek presented Dan and me this coin to remember the hunt. Very well done!

27-Sep-17

Some Warriors will never see a sunset like this but we did. Thx to everyone.
Some Warriors will never see a sunset like this but we did. Thx to everyone.
Most of us thankfully have no idea what it's like to serve in combat and how we'd react but spending a week with Derek a Combat Wounded (2 time) Purple Heart Recipient was a true honor. He does not "sweat the small stuff". These young men and woman have our back. Many of these men and woman have seen and experienced the best and worst of humanity. I stand and salute all our veterans. Thanks again to all who helped make this possible for Derek. C

27-Sep-17
Spending 5 days with Derek is something that I will always remember. The stories he shared with us will never be forgotten. The sacrifice that these men and women make are truly inspiring. His experiences really put things into perspective for me and my guides. We are incredibly fortunate to have these great men and women fighting for our freedoms.

We had horrible weather for 4 out of the 5 days. Easily the worst 5 days of weather we've ever had for an elk hunt. But, we gave it our best shot. I thought we were going to get it done a couple times but it just didn't work out. Watching Derek's reaction to being close to a screaming herd bull was awesome. I just wish we could have put one of them on the ground for him.

Derek, thanks again for all of your sacrifices. All of us at Rocking R are proud to know you.

27-Sep-17
I would pitch in to get him back next year for a nother shot! Having weather screw your hunt sucks!

27-Sep-17
Good stuff as always Dan and Charlie! Thank you Derek for your sacrifice

• Sitka Gear