jordanathome 07-Aug-17
ElkNut1 07-Aug-17
bighorn 07-Aug-17
Sean D. 07-Aug-17
TD 07-Aug-17
07-Aug-17

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
This bull came by one of my trail cams on July 10th. A few days later a bear knocked the camera around and I didn't get many more pics of him

How much will a bull of this size grow in the last 4 weeks?

07-Aug-17
I'd say he's getting close. Might finish out a little on the main beam tips. But, I'm guessing he is pretty much gonna be what you see there. Photoperiod is reducing quickly now. So his testosterone is on the rise. God Bless

07-Aug-17
Great mass and fronts. I agree, he'll probably just finish out the tips on the whale tail. I wouldn't kick him out of my freezer ;^)

Best of Luck, Jeff

07-Aug-17
X2 WV!

ElkNut/Paul

07-Aug-17
Shoot him and post pictures. Then you can reflect on the answer! (Over grilled tenderloin!)

07-Aug-17
Stupid bear........

07-Aug-17
All the tines still look blunt at this point. I think he will get a little bit more out of each tine as well as a few inches on the main. I hope you get him and then we'll know for sure. It would be interesting as July 10 is still pretty early and I'm thinking our guesses might be a little on the low side. Good luck.

07-Aug-17
Guessing 2" on the 4ths, 4 on the 5ths and a couple on the main beam.

07-Aug-17
Looks pretty green so he might grow some, but not a lot. Here in central and eastern MT it's so dry I'd bet antlers may not be as good as in the past.

07-Aug-17
I think he will gain another 3 to 4 inches on the beam and the 5th, and just finish another inch hear and there on all the others. I would say mass is basically complete though.

07-Aug-17
From what the potential growth has been stated, it amounts to 16+ inches overall.

That should put him over 300"

07-Aug-17
He will be over on private when the season starts anyhow. :P

07-Aug-17
He's got several inches left on the beams, fairly heavy and just starting to fork. Fronts are nearly done. That's normally how they go, like a tree, lower limbs finish first while new growth still going on in the treetops.....

07-Aug-17
Stick him!

07-Aug-17
No doubt there's a bit of room for potential growth but not in the category of a 300" bull. Still a very nice OTC bull!

ElkNut/Paul

07-Aug-17
He'll be adding inches into August. Tips are still round and he'll whale tail more.

07-Aug-17
I'm more curious as to where he is than how many more inches he will grow. You can tell me, I promise I wont tell anyone else.

07-Aug-17
As per CO his thirds might even shrink...... =D

• Sitka Gear